Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Need Help Finding MBA in Healthcare Admin/Management
(06-14-2024, 09:55 PM)freeloader Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 09:10 PM)Duneranger Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 08:42 PM)freeloader Wrote: Good for you!  Will you keep us posted about your experience at Illinois-Springfield?  Always good to hear people’s experience.  I would like to hear about your online experience personally, and I suspect others as well, because that university offers one of the cheapest AACSB accredited master’s degrees in finance.

I am in IL currently, it’s a pretty minor school here, similar to UMPI in Maine probably. Personally, I would just go to U of I on Coursera....
UIUC doesn’t offer an online master’s degree in finance, Coursera or not. Their MS in Finance is a $72,000 on-campus program. I’ll pass, thanks. 

I am acquiring my MBA currently, so I am not looking for another MBA and UIUC probably wouldn’t admit me for a second MBA anyway. 

Also, I briefly attended Illinois Springfield not long after it acquired its current name. I liked the school then and would be proud to have a degree from it, particularly given that they have a degree that I want (online masters in finance form an AACSB university) at a reasonable price.
Finance is a pretty niche degree compared to an MBA, all of my Big 4 friends who are in finance have an MBA instead of a finance master's but different strokes I suppose.

I am just saying that it is a pretty minor school and OP stated stated name recognition is a concern for them
(06-14-2024, 08:42 PM)freeloader Wrote: Good for you!  Will you keep us posted about your experience at Illinois-Springfield?  Always good to hear people’s experience.  I would like to hear about your online experience personally, and I suspect others as well, because that university offers one of the cheapest AACSB accredited master’s degrees in finance.

I am in IL currently, its a pretty minor school here, similar to UMPI in Maine probably. Personally, I would just go to U of I on Coursera....

Can you expand on that as I don't know what that means? Is there a different mba in Healthcare admin possibility?

Yes definitely, I will come back after the first couple of sessions and report back. I do have to take the 2 foundation of business courses as well.
"What do healthcare admins do? In my 15 years of being a medical provider, I haven't figured that one out."

I, too, have been a medical provider for many years. Isn't what healthcare administrators do obvious? They sit in an office chatting on degree forums and earning an MBA, all on the company clock while we are busy on the floor and hesitant to talk to them about real issues because they look extremely busy. I hope these MBA programs include a business ethics course.
(06-15-2024, 10:11 AM)Stonybeach Wrote: "What do healthcare admins do? In my 15 years of being a medical provider, I haven't figured that one out."

I, too, have been a medical provider for many years. Isn't what healthcare administrators do obvious? They sit in an office chatting on degree forums and earning an MBA, all on the company clock while we are busy on the floor and hesitant to talk to them about real issues because they look extremely busy. I hope these MBA programs include a business ethics course.

Hahaha that’s what I figured. Guess I’m the chump who is in the OR for 12+ hours a day while fighting with admin who refuses to give us the drugs and supplies we need.  Big Grin

(06-14-2024, 10:39 PM)reeko0830 Wrote:

I am in IL currently, its a pretty minor school here, similar to UMPI in Maine probably. Personally, I would just go to U of I on Coursera....

Can you expand on that as I don't know what that means? Is there a different mba in Healthcare admin possibility?

Yes definitely, I will come back after the first couple of sessions and report back. I do have to take the 2 foundation of business courses as well.
It was a small school that got absorbed into the UI system in the 1990s, similar to UMPI. Yes, UI flagship has a general MBA online. UIC has a MHA online, its the healthcare oriented UI school
I can speak to UIS having done some classes there a few years back.

Most graduate degrees (such as the MPA and MBA) work on a cohort model. The OP says he wants little human interaction. Unfortunately in my experience group work and classmates communication was an almost daily requirement. Personally, I hated that aspect and it ultimately prompted me to transfer, despite having a full ride assistantship.

Also, while my experience was MPA and not MBA, my understanding is most of the online classes are synchronous and require cohorts to log onto zoom together each week at specific times.

This may or may not work for OPs schedule, and was the other reason I personally decided to transfer.

If OP wants a recommendation, I would say to look at SEMO (Southeast Missouri State) and see if their online programs have what you need.

They have/had  both a masters in health leadership with a business focus and a business program with a health focus.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 177 16,607 09-04-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: mdel210201
  Seeking Advice on Increasing Financial Aid and Finding Competency-Based Marketing or asdfasd78 15 706 08-27-2024, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Journey - UK Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership OtterDen 12 1,327 08-05-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Masters in Risk Management CBE Jeff7 1 419 06-18-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU Masters in Human Resource Management newdegree 0 273 05-22-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 995 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  WGU MS Information Technology Management quigongene 22 8,300 09-05-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  CBE Masters in IT Management from South College EverSpinning 14 1,391 08-13-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  Augusta University Msc InfoSec Management <7k durain 13 1,569 07-11-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  UCMO: Online MS Occupational Safety Management 30-36 credit, $11.8K-$14.2K bjcheung77 6 974 05-18-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: sanantone