Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Need Help Finding MBA in Healthcare Admin/Management
Morehead State is out, they want 12 foundational courses since I come from a Bachelor of Science.
(06-14-2024, 08:24 AM)reeko0830 Wrote: Morehead State is out, they want 12 foundational courses since I come from a Bachelor of Science.

WGU seems to be your best bet, you could probably finish in 6months to a year if you're high-speed
(06-14-2024, 09:07 AM)cc95 Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 08:24 AM)reeko0830 Wrote: Morehead State is out, they want 12 foundational courses since I come from a Bachelor of Science.

WGU seems to be your best bet, you could probably finish in 6months to a year if you're high-speed
Unfortunately, WGU is not a program I am interested in because people tend to dismiss the degree in my field. I will keep trying, there has to be a program out there for me.
I started looking at the colleges I've attended grad school at last night. I was curious if any had programs for you. I found 1!

https://www.charlestonsouthern.edu/acade...iness/mba/

If religion is a problem for you, then CSU may not be the place for you. I took a few classes a couple of years ago and every class had some religion in it. We did have quizzes and exams, but they weren't proctored. I don't know if this has changed. THey do have an MBA with a healthcare management concentration and the program is only 30 credits.
Purdue Global has a self-paced MBA in healthcare management, but to be honest, you're asking for a lot, and these things contradict.

AACSB or ACBSP accreditation, self-paced or fast, cheap, lacks rigor, no proctored exams, and doesn't have a bad reputation.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(06-14-2024, 10:16 AM)ss20ts Wrote: I started looking at the colleges I've attended grad school at last night. I was curious if any had programs for you. I found 1!

If religion is a problem for you, then CSU may not be the place for you. I took a few classes a couple of years ago and every class had some religion in it. We did have quizzes and exams, but they weren't proctored. I don't know if this has changed. THey do have an MBA with a healthcare management concentration and the program is only 30 credits.
Thanks, I will give them a call today. I appreciate your help. Can I ask what your thoughts are on WGU?  I went to U of W for my BS, and it was a difficult school at least for me. I don't want to consume all my time with a mba but I also do not want to get something that will not promote me either if that makes sense.

(06-14-2024, 10:19 AM)sanantone Wrote: Purdue Global has a self-paced MBA in healthcare management, but to be honest, you're asking for a lot, and these things contradict.

AACSB or ACBSP accreditation, self-paced or fast, cheap, lacks rigor, no proctored exams, and doesn't have a bad reputation.
Purdue global has a ton of credits, something around 60 I believe. I completely understand I am looking for a unicorn. UIS checks everything except for using a lockdown browser. I am not expecting to find everything, but hoping for as much as I can.

(06-14-2024, 10:16 AM)ss20ts Wrote: I started looking at the colleges I've attended grad school at last night. I was curious if any had programs for you. I found 1!

Ahhh I did look at them. They are IACBE.
(06-14-2024, 10:36 AM)reeko0830 Wrote:

Thanks, I will give them a call today. I appreciate your help. Can I ask what your thoughts are on WGU?  I went to U of W for my BS, and it was a difficult school at least for me. I don't want to consume all my time with a mba but I also do not want to get something that will not promote me either if that makes sense.

(06-14-2024, 10:19 AM)sanantone Wrote: Purdue Global has a self-paced MBA in healthcare management, but to be honest, you're asking for a lot, and these things contradict.

Purdue global has a ton of credits, something around 60 I believe. I completely understand I am looking for a unicorn. UIS checks everything except for using a lockdown browser. I am not expecting to find everything, but hoping for as much as I can.

Ahhh I did look at them. They are IACBE.

Purdue Global is on the quarter system. 60 quarter hours equals 40 semester hours.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I personally did not enjoy WGU. I HATED the proctored exams. I had trouble with them most of the time. I also didn't like having a professor I could get help from. They have course instructors who don't grade your work. The evaluators do the grading and you have zero contact with them. If one dislikes something you submit, you can't ask them for more info. I rarely had feedback on what was missing so it made things difficult.

You said that WGU isn't well regarded in your field. If that's the case, I wouldn't bother with them.

Do you have to be in an AACSB or ACBSP program?

Purdue Global aka PUG isn't really 60 credits like you're thinking. They're on the quarter system credit instead of semester like most schools.
Based on the original post, it doesn’t sound like you are terribly price sensitive. I think if I were in your shoes, I would just pick a school that uses Respondus or a lockdown browser but no live proctoring and, if the Chromebook won’t cut it, buy a $300 laptop with windows on it.

Southern Indiana or Illinois Springfield seem like they would tick most of the boxes for you. Pittsburg State would tick the same boxes and cost 4 grand less. Plenty of others would do for you.

Picking an inferior or more expensive program because you don’t have a Windows or Mac computer at this time seems, shall we say, short sighted.

Not sure if you are interested in economics and analytics, but the West Georgia MS in Applied Business Analytics doesn’t appear to have proctoring and offers a Healthcare Analytics Track. AACSB accredited, and very cheap.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • allvia
(06-14-2024, 01:03 PM)freeloader Wrote: Based on the original post, it doesn’t sound like you are terribly price sensitive. I think if I were in your shoes, I would just pick a school that uses Respondus or a lockdown browser but no live proctoring and, if the Chromebook won’t cut it, buy a $300 laptop with windows on it.

Southern Indiana or Illinois Springfield seem like they would tick most of the boxes for you.  Pittsburg State would tick the same boxes and cost 4 grand less.  Plenty of others would do for you.

Picking an inferior or more expensive program because you don’t have a Windows or Mac computer at this time seems, shall we say, short sighted.

Not sure if you are interested in economics and analytics, but the West Georgia MS in Applied Business Analytics doesn’t appear to have proctoring and offers a Healthcare Analytics Track. AACSB accredited, and very cheap.

Thanks freeloader.  I think I may just go with Illinios Springfield as it is a local University to me, U of I is well regarded and it is a part of their system.  I will reach back out to Pitt State but I think I may just go for U of I at this point.  I appreciate the help

(06-14-2024, 12:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I personally did not enjoy WGU. I HATED the proctored exams. I had trouble with them most of the time. I also didn't like having a professor I could get help from. They have course instructors who don't grade your work. The evaluators do the grading and you have zero contact with them. If one dislikes something you submit, you can't ask them for more info. I rarely had feedback on what was missing so it made things difficult.

You said that WGU isn't well regarded in your field. If that's the case, I wouldn't bother with them.

Do you have to be in an AACSB or ACBSP program?

Purdue Global aka PUG isn't really 60 credits like you're thinking. They're on the quarter system credit instead of semester like most schools.

Thank you for your explanations and your experience with WGU. Let me relook at the Purdue Global programs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Swiss School of management Accredited? soulblader 5 2,511 09-23-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: elbulk
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 185 21,024 09-22-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Seeking Advice on Increasing Financial Aid and Finding Competency-Based Marketing or asdfasd78 15 970 08-27-2024, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Journey - UK Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership OtterDen 12 1,549 08-05-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Masters in Risk Management CBE Jeff7 1 453 06-18-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU Masters in Human Resource Management newdegree 0 298 05-22-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 1,079 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  WGU MS Information Technology Management quigongene 22 8,580 09-05-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  CBE Masters in IT Management from South College EverSpinning 14 1,493 08-13-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  Augusta University Msc InfoSec Management <7k durain 13 1,724 07-11-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: MNomadic