Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Advice for Degree Type and Plan
If you're a decent coder, you shouldn't find discrete math too challenging. A lot of the boolean algebra will seem familiar, just formalizing the kind of logical manipulations you're already likely doing. The emphasis on proofs can be daunting, but there's lots of help available on the web.

Also, if you're basing your fears on how you did in math class as a teen, I think you'll find you will be a very different student as an adult. I'd go into it assuming that like any other subject, an appropriate amount of study will allow you to master the material.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, LevelUP
There are so many options available for you to take a look at, you should compare the content, cost, energy, interest, subjects, time, and various other variables. For example, if you can complete the SNHU degree of choice at $330x18=$5940 in a couple of semesters, you'll have a degree of your choice at roughly $6K, you can throw in the associates as well... Another example, TESU would be cheaper in price if you do a flat rate term of 15 credits, but it gives you an option to have a dual degree with a larger mix of transfer credits... Each institution requirements of their degrees are different, you really need to take your time and compare them all, then decide degree of choice and create an action plan spreadsheet for it.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I like the idea of a bachelor's in business and then a master's in data analytics, or vice versa - a bachelor's something technical and then a master's in business. With that being said, I think allvia's plan is solid.

I would do UMPI for the business bachelor's and choose 1 or 2 concentrations, and then take a break and finish the Google cert and maybe some additional ones, and then look at master's degrees (WGU or Eastern both sound good and inexpensive).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-15-2023, 06:10 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: There are so many options available for you to take a look at, you should compare the content, cost, energy, interest, subjects, time, and various other variables.  For example, if you can complete the SNHU degree of choice at $330x18=$5940 in a couple of semesters, you'll have a degree of your choice at roughly $6K, you can throw in the associates as well...  

The BS Business Admin with a concentration in Finance can be done in 2 terms or 4 months if you do 3 courses per term. 
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/SN...egree_Plan

You could also do the Pierpont Associates with IT concentration first which is a free degree.
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
*ding ding*, if you're looking to get the SNHU degree, you can add the Pierpont BOG AAS with an emphasis, then SNHU has their own Associates with a different emphasis (your gen ed, electives, and also major will complete this degree already, without any extra courses, energy, time spent, just add it and forget it). You can then add the Bachelors at SNHU, when you complete the degree, you've got the associates done as well...

You all rock. Seriously. I've been a silent member since 2021, and it's so awesome to see how helpful everyone is, all the time. This is such a fantastic community! 

I think I'm leaning towards UMPI for my bachelors. I have narrowed down to either BABA Project Management, or doing the Pierpont AAS first and then getting a BAS from UMPI.  I'm sure this question has been asked before, but after graduation, while seeking a new job, has there been any reported difference between Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Applied Science degree holders?
(09-17-2023, 04:24 PM)Spalmer Wrote: You all rock. Seriously. I've been a silent member since 2021, and it's so awesome to see how helpful everyone is, all the time. This is such a fantastic community! 

I think I'm leaning towards UMPI for my bachelors. I have narrowed down to either BABA Project Management, or doing the Pierpont AAS first and then getting a BAS from UMPI.  I'm sure this question has been asked before, but after graduation, while seeking a new job, has there been any reported difference between Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Applied Science degree holders?

If you're going for Business from UMPI then you'll want the BABA as it is the business degree. Generally speaking, once you graduate a bachelor is a bachelor. People may ask you what your bachelor is in, but it would be one very rare situation in the real world where someone asks you 'bachelor of Science, Art, Applied Science, or (etc)?'

I don't see a downside for you to use/earn credits for a Pierpont BOG AAS in a technical AOS (since you're already working a data analytics certificate) then apply the majority of those to the UMPI BABA. That degree combo does gets you both technical and business on your resume (in a formal education fashion) for about the same cost/time until you decide what master comes next.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Hmm, I would suggest the BABA option and continue forward, there isn't a need to get the BAS unless there is some specific emphasis you're really eyeing or if you have excess credits you can't transfer into the gen ed or major... there really isn't much difference between a BA, BABA, BAS or BLS... the latter two allows max transfer of credits as it has 60 in the electives that can be anything...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tamuc & WGU planning advice onward25 5 86 19 minutes ago
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 6 185 30 minutes ago
Last Post: davewill
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 249 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 237 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 199 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 535 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 2 244 09-15-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 286 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 298 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 147 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM