Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jacksonville State U. JSU Try It program. New course for Fall 2024. Completely Free
Smile 
Jacksonville State University's "JSU Try It" program updated their course offering for Fall 2024.

Registration just opened for active students to register in FIN 211 Financial Literacy, 3.0 credit, Credit/No Credit grading for Fall 2024. No Application free with JSUTRYIT code. No tuition. No fees. No textbooks.

I believe this course is reserved for Transient and Non-degree seeking students. 

https://www.jsu.edu/tryit/
[-] The following 2 users Like sixdegreesandamovie's post:
  • Dnightowl, RachelB
(04-01-2024, 02:43 PM)sixdegreesandamovie Wrote: Jacksonville State University's "JSU Try It" program updated their course offering for Fall 2024.

Registration just opened for active students to register in FIN 211 Financial Literacy, 3.0 credit, Credit/No Credit grading for Fall 2024. No Application free with JSUTRYIT code. No tuition. No fees. No textbooks.

I believe this course is reserved for Transient and Non-degree seeking students. 

https://www.jsu.edu/tryit/

This is great news! I love that some colleges and universities are becoming more innovative.
Degrees: Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Excelsior University (In Progress)
                Associate of Science in Liberal Arts - Excelsior University (2017-2019)

Credits: 72 Credits - Sophia Learning
               Psychology 315 and Marketing 308 - Study.Com (In Progress)

Certifications: Lean Six Sigma - Black Belt, Scrum Master, Executive Coach, Certified Ethics    Associate, Executive Management Certified
You do have to send any previous college transcripts.

I'm not sure how it works for younger students whose transcripts can be sent electronically (I'm assuming for free?), but I have to pay for my very old transcripts to be mailed. So I'll just do the similar course through Sophia, since I have a subscription anyway.

But this is a great option for so many people!
Current Goal:
UMPI: B.L.S. with minors in English and Educational Studies

I'm 60% through my degree!

Earned:  78 credits total
Sophia: 75 credits
RA: 3 credits
(04-01-2024, 08:17 PM)RachelB Wrote: You do have to send any previous college transcripts.

Not only do they require transcripts, they look at them and ask a lot of questions. If your transcripts indicate that you may be a current student at another institution, they will require that you provide a letter from that institution authorizing you to be a visiting student at JSU. It doesn't matter if you're not applying the trial credits to that degree program, or if you've already preplanned all of the degree requirements. JSU doesn't budge on this, and I wasn't able to solve the impasse. I wasted lots of money on transcripts and was never able to take the "free" courses.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • Pikachu, RachelB
(04-01-2024, 02:43 PM)sixdegreesandamovie Wrote: Jacksonville State University's "JSU Try It" program updated their course offering for Fall 2024.

https://www.jsu.edu/tryit/ geometry dash
This is very encouraging news! There are some colleges and universities that are becoming more inventive, and I think that is wonderful.
(04-01-2024, 10:18 PM)jch Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 08:17 PM)RachelB Wrote: You do have to send any previous college transcripts.

Not only do they require transcripts, they look at them and ask a lot of questions. If your transcripts indicate that you may be a current student at another institution, they will require that you provide a letter from that institution authorizing you to be a visiting student at JSU. It doesn't matter if you're not applying the trial credits to that degree program, or if you've already preplanned all of the degree requirements. JSU doesn't budge on this, and I wasn't able to solve the impasse. I wasted lots of money on transcripts and was never able to take the "free" courses.

That's one of the reasons, I didn't bother with this specific freebie... It really depends, sometimes you can't get them all... I wouldn't mind paying if you can actually get the classes without so many hoops or hurdles.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • RbxFunRocks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which school has the most integrity when it comes to the program MondoCat 2 166 09-02-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  TAMUC New CBE Program bradm31 2 335 08-02-2024, 01:30 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 9 2,122 06-16-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 7 1,316 06-06-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 86 16,493 04-07-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bsnipedavis
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 7,231 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 1,193 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  xamk Free Bachelors Degrees gams007 19 4,972 11-29-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Arizona State University grading Carnation 5 1,205 10-19-2023, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Carnation
  FREE SUMMER TUITION gams007 4 1,062 05-10-2023, 09:19 PM
Last Post: dfrecore