Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which school has the most integrity when it comes to the program
Ive heard a lot of nightmare stories of teachers not showing up, of syllabuses not matching what is due, etc, and i experienced it in one IRL "online" class where the teacher was not even a real teacher, and changed the assignement requirements AFTER it was due, and other misc bs.

Which online schools have integrity, where the teacher shows up, knows their stuff, makes everything very clear, has assignments, grades them fairly, move on with our life?

I dont have the time and patience to be writing to the Dean about a teacher gone rogue.
In general, you want to go with the Public/State institutions first, then the non-profit private institutions or state endorsed ones, lastly (if you need to select a program that's not offered at the previously mentioned institutions) the for-profits that are exclusively online. If you're reading the specific college sub forum, it's already got a small list...

Determine the degree you want, search the board, google reviews, find institutions you're interested in, then review the professors on ratemyprofessor. You should always go for RA > NA or Foreign institutions, here's a list of CBE programs or similar that's on the WIKI for review: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...d_Programs
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-01-2024, 07:16 PM)MondoCat Wrote: Ive heard a lot of nightmare stories of teachers not showing up, of syllabuses not matching what is due, etc, and i experienced it in one IRL "online" class where the teacher was not even a real teacher, and changed the assignement requirements AFTER it was due, and other misc bs.

Which online schools have integrity, where the teacher shows up, knows their stuff, makes everything very clear, has assignments, grades them fairly, move on with our life?

I dont have the time and patience to be writing to the Dean about a teacher gone rogue.

I've attended 6 online programs over the years and never had what you described happen. I had a professor not show up for several classes one time in an on campus program. Her mother was dying and passed away during the semester. She gave everyone really good grades that semester. Much of the work on the syllabus never happened and we were ok with it given the circumstances.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC New CBE Program bradm31 2 353 08-02-2024, 01:30 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 9 2,177 06-16-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
Smile Jacksonville State U. JSU Try It program. New course for Fall 2024. Completely Free sixdegreesandamovie 5 987 06-13-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 7 1,357 06-06-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 86 16,633 04-07-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bsnipedavis
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 7,287 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  UoPeople Certificate program transfer courses? MNomadic 5 1,989 12-13-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  UMGC or SNHU Computer Science program. coryjunior19 8 5,308 09-24-2022, 02:16 PM
Last Post: tuckerarabi786
  Masters With What School? learningthehardway 43 4,898 08-27-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: learningthehardway
  Thank you DegreeForum! - I finished my BSIT program at Purdue Global! ClockworkHammer 12 1,626 08-25-2022, 01:00 PM
Last Post: TwinMom