Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NUMSS DBA in one year
Hi,

NUMSS has a DBA program that can be completed online in one year. Has anyone heard of this university and program?

http://www.numss.com/DBA.html
I'd put this in the too good to be true category. How, in anyone's world, would a 1 year doctorate make you anything more than a butt of jokes?
It's a university in Spain. So I'm not certain how that would be received in the US.

You probably just want to compare it to other DBA's to see if it's a good program. Look at 3 US universities that offer a DBA and then see if this one is similar in price, time to complete, number and kind of courses, etc.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
mccatm Wrote:Hi,

NUMSS has a DBA program that can be completed online in one year. Has anyone heard of this university and program?

http://www.numss.com/DBA.html

Wow, that tuition is pretty cheap! I think you have found the perfect degree for me if I don't choose UNISA...
My focus or thought down the road was taking the DBA at UNISA (Africa), this will give it some competition...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Did anyone look into whether or not the school is recognized by the Spanish government? Arizona State had an 18-month doctorate with no dissertation. I haven't checked to see if it's still going.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
The school looks more than a little suspect, to say the least.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Here is some info I found in another forum: https://www.somasimple.com/forums/showth...hp?t=15394

School appears very suspect.
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
If it's legit im down. It looks a lot like Swiss Management Center.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
NolaRice Wrote:Here is some info I found in another forum: https://www.somasimple.com/forums/showth...hp?t=15394

School appears very suspect.

This thread seals the deal that the school is a scam. The president or founder or whoever he is said that one of the graduates was able to save a person with CPR at church as if that somehow makes the school legitimate. hilarious

For a school that is based in Spain, they have nothing in Spanish. Their target audiences seem to be the UK, Canada, and the US. They offer a Doctor of Osteopathy 100% online. If they are based in Spain, then why are their on-campus programs in Toronto?

There is a real National University of Medical Sciences in Pakistan. Spain only has about 76 universities, according to Wikipedia, and NUMSS is not on the list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_un...s_in_Spain
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Thanks for all the information. So I am comparing the DBA from this University to SMC. The number/type of courses seem very similar. The main difference is that SMC is accredited and NUMSS isn't, right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 1,872 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  No degree, no worries - 50 years at AT&T for 68 year old engineer bjcheung77 6 1,133 10-20-2023, 06:59 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  These associate degree majors lead to higher incomes than a 4-year bachelor's. LevelUP 4 1,250 10-07-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cardinal Stritch - Closing by year end bjcheung77 6 956 08-22-2023, 07:01 PM
  PASSHE Freeze tuition for the fifth year in a row Vle045 7 987 08-01-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  16 year old - $50K reward bjcheung77 0 510 06-18-2023, 02:30 PM
  13 year old college grad bjcheung77 1 628 05-27-2023, 10:03 AM
  Two 16 year old students are recognized... bjcheung77 0 463 05-14-2023, 04:10 PM
  ACE/Sophia Learning - Student of the year 2022 winners! bjcheung77 9 1,231 05-08-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 589 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM