Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Multiple Minors with BLS
I know that with the BLS, 24 upper level credits are required in addition to whatever UL classes are in the chosen minor.

How does this work with multiple minors... would it be 24 on top of just one minor, or would it be on top of both (thereby requiring more UL courses in the long run)?

I'm still working on some Sophia courses, and I've applied to UMPI, but I'm starting to feel the burnout from trying to accelerate my degree while living with chronic illness... so I'm rethinking my program decisions, lol. I'd really love to finish this thing by the end of 2024!

Thanks! ?
Current Goal:
UMPI: B.L.S. with minors in English and Educational Studies

I'm 65% through my degree!

Earned:  84 credits total
RA: 3 credits
Sophia: 75 credits
Study.com: 6 credits

CLEP: 9 in progress...
UMPI: 6 in progress...
The UL courses in the first minor will not count towards the 24 UL credits. UL credits in the second and third minor will count towards the 24 UL credits.

Your signature says you're completing the BA in Psychology with a minor in international studies. The BA's don't have minors. For that minor you will need 9 credits of a foreign language which is not available in YourPace so you will need to transfer those in.
Hmm, are you planning on switching that to the BLS with a Psych minor, then adding the International Studies minor? Your first minor doesn't count towards the upper level requirements, but all other minors and electives you bring in would. So that's the reason I usually tell people to have a minor of choice, add the 3-4 classes that can go towards the MAOL later.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
There is no shame in rethinking your program decisions. Burnout can at times be quite taxing. The mere thought that at one point one may end up struggling with a course could possibly make him or her give up. It is one of the reasons why I decided to pursue the History & Political Science degree at UMPI. Despite that some could describe this degree as "non-marketable" or even "useless", I felt that this would be the most pain-free option for me to earn a bachelor's degree, as I have some knowledge in the subjects. I have zero regrets for making this choice. Merely having a bachelor's degree (no matter the majors/concentrations) opens plenty of doors, most notably for master's degrees. Could I have pulled off some "more marketable" business degree at UMPI or some IT one from WGU? Well, now I do believe so (and "now" is the key word). Yet sometimes, I believe, for sanity's sake, it is better to choose the perceived (which may not be relevant at all!) as a "less-rewarding", yet easier-to-accomplish option. BLS is better than no bachelor's at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chankosumo's post:
  • Nemfis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Minors Wiki Guide LevelUP 8 2,075 07-31-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Multiple Choice or Short PowerPoint / Projects learningthehardway 17 1,023 04-05-2024, 12:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  I earned an Honors BLS Degree with Two Minors in 8 days!! basicunitoflife 34 5,346 03-01-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: laknight
  UMPI Computer Science and Cybersecurity Minors Jonathan Whatley 22 3,520 09-07-2023, 02:20 PM
  Multiple choice exam on final assessments twy2024 21 3,404 03-02-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: kidneysmasher
  BLS with MIS, Business Administration & Political Science minors Done ! Robin Ahmed 2 728 02-24-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Double Minors and Total Credits idktbh 3 634 01-16-2023, 10:34 AM
  UMPI BAS with 2 Minors NBM123 8 1,360 11-23-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Mr T
  UMPI Multiple Minor - Inquiry bjcheung77 31 7,353 10-31-2022, 11:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Multiple Choice Exams umpistudent 3 797 09-21-2022, 10:48 PM
Last Post: KSoul