Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Valuable Cleps
Hi yall.
If you had to vote on the top 3 "most valuable" CLEPs, what would they be? As in, you can take 3 of them, and are newly pursuing a bsba GM. Are there ones that are better to take as a CLEP because there are not several of them available elsewhere? It seems something like US history 1 might be a waste, since you can get it from several different places without much pain.
I still need info lit, so Analyzing and interpreting might be good to take? Maybe micro/macro/management?

Anyways, the "most valuable" (not neccesarily easiest or shortest) CLEPs.

Thanks all!

Btw, I have no business credits. I need 1 humanities and a info lit and all gen eds are done, but those are available elsewhere pretty easily.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Any foreign language, since they're worth 6-9cr.

College Comp w/Essay - 6cr

Anything else worth 6cr, or anything that you can easily pass, thus saving time to work on other courses that are going to be harder for you.

Almost every CLEP exam has another option elsewhere, inexpensively.

It's really hard to determine for someone else what's most valuable, because it is going to be different for everyone. I say this because the foreign language exams are a great example. For me personally, I wouldn't be able to pass any of them, so they are not valuable at all. For my friend who is fluent in Spanish, obviously I'm going to tell him to take that exam first, as it will be THE most valuable exam for him.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It depends on the school granting the credit. I got 8 hours for chemistry and 8 hours for biology. My son got 8 hours for biology at a different school.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
As others have mentioned, that question as a ton of variables.... but here's my two cents:

English Composition (with essay) because the amount of writing you AVOID by taking this one test is pretty epic.

College Math because it's 6 NON DUPLICATING credits in almost every regard- even if you take the whole pile of ALEKS or any of the other ACE maths, you'll still get 6 credits for this one and if you already do have credit from those other sources, this likely requires no additional work on your part.

Analyzing and Interpreting Lit because it's als 6 NON DUPLICATING credits in almost every regard- you can take the lit options that everyone else offers, and these still stand alone. Plus, there isn't much studying required.

3x6 = 18 for about $300.
clep3705 Wrote:It depends on the school granting the credit. I got 8 hours for chemistry and 8 hours for biology. My son got 8 hours for biology at a different school.

Oh wow, what school?
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

cookderosa Wrote:As others have mentioned, that question as a ton of variables.... but here's my two cents:

English Composition (with essay) because the amount of writing you AVOID by taking this one test is pretty epic.

College Math because it's 6 NON DUPLICATING credits in almost every regard- even if you take the whole pile of ALEKS or any of the other ACE maths, you'll still get 6 credits for this one and if you already do have credit from those other sources, this likely requires no additional work on your part.

Analyzing and Interpreting Lit because it's als 6 NON DUPLICATING credits in almost every regard- you can take the lit options that everyone else offers, and these still stand alone. Plus, there isn't much studying required.

3x6 = 18 for about $300.

Thanks! Thats sounding good.

The only bummer part is I already have comp 1. I think analyzing is an obvious choice for sure.

cookderosa Wrote:English Composition (with essay) because the amount of writing you AVOID by taking this one test is pretty epic.

So does this replace BOTH Eng comp 1 & 2 that we might take with straighterline or study.com? If so, how difficult is it?
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
Use search. I found the following schools granting 8 hours science credit.

AP, CLEP, IB, Military
https://www.ccsu.edu/undergradadmission/clep.html
https://www.uwyo.edu/registrar/students/clep.html
Undergraduate Credit by Examination | Academic Testing Services | TTU
http://drake.edu/media/departmentsoffice...202017.pdf
http://catalog.twu.edu/undergraduate/adm...nation.pdf
College Level Examination Program - Undergraduate Admissions - Purdue University
https://www.collin.edu/studentresources/.../clep.html
https://www.salisbury.edu/registrar/Reso...texam.html
https://www.northpark.edu/admissions-aid...ment/clep/

... and so on - it's up to you to search and find more. This is the search string I used:

clep 8 semester hours biology
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
BingCherry Wrote:So does this replace BOTH Eng comp 1 & 2 that we might take with straighterline or study.com? If so, how difficult is it?

Yes, at some schools it replaces both English 1 & 2, but not all - depends on the school. TESU, COSC and WGU all take it for that. EC does not.

I didn't take it, so can't say how difficult it is (and then, that's subjective too, depends entirely on how good you are already).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "My Valuable, Cheap College Degree" from Athur Brooks, TESU grad now Harvard Prof mahaganapati 10 3,284 12-24-2021, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Data Science TESU cleps Greenfields7007 2 1,165 05-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Useful Free CLEPS TrailRunr 20 6,706 02-15-2019, 03:56 PM
Last Post: clep3705
Information CLEPS and TX Highschool Students kvolivera 4 2,193 02-08-2019, 07:48 AM
  The 25 most valuable college majors Life Long Learning 8 2,590 09-16-2018, 09:50 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  What order should I take these CLEPs? Doodlebabe 3 1,586 04-27-2018, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Doodlebabe
  Top 20 Most Valuable Associate’s Degree Programs Online Life Long Learning 11 10,014 11-14-2017, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Berzerker
  6 credit CLEPs and TESU? BingCherry 11 4,645 08-01-2017, 05:24 AM
Last Post: ajs1976
  Easiest Cleps to Take ! Larlm7800 7 2,838 06-23-2016, 10:20 AM
  Why no one CLEPs their degree from AMU? cisco4711 12 3,178 05-31-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77