Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Certifications that can be acquired online.
I have been researching a lot of medical programs and trying to find some that grant certifications online. I figured this thread would be a fantastic place for all of this information to be cataloged.

I'll start the list with EMT-Fire Training based out of Utah. You complete courses online and then travel to Utah (meals and lodging included in tuition) and complete your practical exercises for 1 week. Afterwards, you are eligible to sit for the National EMT Exam.

EMT-Fire Training

If you know of any information on medical education that can be learned through distance education, please post it here. If this thread gets comprehensive enough, perhaps it should be sticky'd.
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]
clep3705 Wrote:Normally ECG interpretation courses are offered for continuing education credit. Here are two options:

EMS Courses | Community College of Aurora in Colorado: Aurora, Denver, and Online

University of the Incarnate Word | UIW Online | Now Offering a Basic EKG Course

clep3705 posted this in another thread, but it seemed pertinent to this thread as well, so I borrowed it. I hope clep3705 doesn't mind.
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
WGU has a Nursing program that allows you take all the pre-reqs online before having to attend clinical rotations at one of their approved sites.

Pre-Nursing Prerequisites for the B.S. Nursing (Prelicensure) | WGU Nursing
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
publius2k4 Wrote:I have been researching a lot of medical programs and trying to find some that grant certifications online. I figured this thread would be a fantastic place for all of this information to be cataloged.

I'll start the list with EMT-Fire Training based out of Utah. You complete courses online and then travel to Utah (meals and lodging included in tuition) and complete your practical exercises for 1 week. Afterwards, you are eligible to sit for the National EMT Exam.

EMT-Fire Training

If you know of any information on medical education that can be learned through distance education, please post it here. If this thread gets comprehensive enough, perhaps it should be sticky'd.

holy hell !
NREMT EMT Online Course
$3,495.00

even including meals and lodging that's a LOT of money

here in new york EMT courses are usually around $900-1200
EMT-B Course

is that course offering something more I don't see ?
This community college offers EMT and Paramedic programs that are accredited by CAAHEP. I'm not sure if they're carried under the CC's regional accreditation, but these programs are approved for licensure in Texas. Clinical rotations are available in a few Texas cities.
EMT Basic EMT Intermediate EMT Paramedic Courses Offered Online. Register for your EMT B EMT I EMT P online class now

There are several other EMT programs offered by online fire academies and community colleges. Here are a couple of more programs.
EMT and Fire Training Inc. EMT Courses and Firefighter Classes Online
Fire Academy Online, Firefighter School, EMT Certification, Training

There are a ton of online pharmacy tech programs, so I don't think we should even bother with those. I don't even think that most states require schooling, just OJT and passage of the national certification exam. We also shouldn't bother with online MSN programs because there are potentially hundreds to thousands of those.

Creighton University has an online PharmD program.
Doctor of Pharmacy Distance Learning Pathway | Online Pharm.D. Program | Creighton University

CAAHEP lists all of the programs it accredits.
Accredited Program Search - CAAHEP

Occupational Therapy (including assistants)
Distance Education

Physical Therapy (including assistants)
CAPTE
CAPTE
If the links don't show only distance programs, just use the A5 search code.

Veterinary Technician
https://www.avma.org/ProfessionalDevelop...rning.aspx

You can search for allied health programs accredited by ABHES here.
Online Directory

WGU offers a second degree BSN and Excelsior offers an RN program that be completed mostly by distance. I can't recall the others right now.

Northeastern University has an online, direct entry MSN. The reason why I list this is because these are rare.
http://www.northeastern.edu/bouve/nursin...de/online/
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Online dental assistant programs accredited by ADA CODA.
https://www.southeast.edu/DentalAssisting/
Dental Assistant Programs | Dental Assisting College | Rio Salado College
Dental Assisting Information for Indiana University School of Dentistry
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Many certified midwife programs are offered by distance. This is different from a certified nurse midwife.
MEAC Accredited Schools

If you're including mental health, Fielding University has the only online, APA-accredited psychology program. They were on probation the last time I checked.
Psychology Master's Degree, Psychology Doctoral Degree & Certificates

Social Work
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) - Distance Education

Marriage and Family Therapy
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy - AAMFT - http://www.aamft.org

Counseling
Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs - Directory
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Like most of the programs on sanantone's lists, these are hybrid or nontraditionally-scheduled and not strictly "online," but:

Nursing

University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Accelerated Online Bachelor's to BSN
A professional entry to nursing for those with a bachelor's degree in another subject, and prerequisite coursework. A 12-month program with three on-campus residencies, clinical work in the student's community subject to a participating site, and theory courses online. "Students are required to forgo all employment for the entire year." There are two cohorts per year with 30 students per cohort. Admission "is highly competitive."

Emergency Medical Services

McCook Community College, a campus of Mid-Plains Community College
Accelerated Paramedic Training Program
For EMTs. 12 weeks in class in McCook, NE, then a min. 230 hrs. in a clinical environment and 200 hrs. field training. College credit and an AAS degree program are available.

TEEX, Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service
TEEX EMS Academy, with EMT, Paramedic and related courses
Part of Emergency Services Training Institute
Unfortunately, not free like the TEEX computer security courses sanantone famously found us. Some TEEX ESTI courses do have ACE CREDIT recommendations. No TEEX courses that I've seen carry degree-level credit originating from Texas A&M University.

UCLA Center for Prehospital Care
EMT Training, with options including Accelerated (5 days per week for 3 weeks) and Online/Hybrid (20 weeks with 10 in-person sessions interspersed). No degree-level credit originating from UCLA, but there's an avenue for 7 sh of credit from West Los Angeles College, a community college. See also the Center for Prehospital Care's complete course listing.

Creighton University EMS Education
Accelerated EMT Training for Nurses
Accelerated Paramedic Training for Healthcare Providers This is exclusively for MDs, DOs, or RNs with active licenses in good standing and a min. 2 yrs. critical care experience.
Radiologic Technology

Southeast Community College
"The didactic portion is comprised of classes on SCC’s Lincoln Campus or online. The clinical component involves on-site education at pre-approved hospitals and clinics in the student’s vicinity." The "first accredited, online Radiography program in the United States."
Related: ASRT: Explore Careers in Radiologic Technology.

Dietetic and Dietetic Technician, Registered Studies

ACEND

Funeral Sciences

ABFSE
Related, my list of programs in thanatology, death studies, bereavement, and palliative care on degreediscussion. Some listings are bricks-and-mortar; some may be out-of-date.
Polysomnography

Thomas Edison State College
Undergraduate Certificate in Polysomography
AAS in Polysomnography
These programs include, and require, placements at accredited sleep centers which are affiliated or which affiliate with TESC.

Fitness and Wellness Services

Thomas Edison State College
Undergraduate Certificate in Fitness and Wellness Services

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 444 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,812 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,991 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,236 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  Medical assistance certificates NewatTESU 8 482 08-23-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  Affordable online community colleges for non-residents nomaduser 30 7,470 08-21-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 621 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 397 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,446 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 811 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen