Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MacroEcon
For those if you that completed and passed the exam how much study time did it take? What material did you use? Should I consider using the Khan academy videos?
Check the Exam feedback section for a list of study resources and user study guides. IC is enough to pass the CLEP and I also used some YouTube videos to explain the graph shifts.
MBA - Western Governors 2019
BSBA - TESC 2014

CLEP/DSST:  Principles of Management 69 | Human Resource Management 64 | Introduction to Computing 466 | Principles of Marketing 67 | Organizational Behavior 61 | Management Information Systems 466 | Principles of Supervision 437 | Introduction to Business 434 | Business Ethics and Society 431 | Introductory Business Law 56 | Macroeconomics 54 | American Government 59 | Money & Banking 52 | English Composition

Straighterline:  Accounting I (89%) | Accounting II (75%) | Financial Accounting (82.5%) | Managerial Accounting (86.7%) | Business Communications (84%) | Microeconomics (87%) | Religions of the World (88.5%) | Organizational Behavior (93%)

Penn Foster: Finance (89%) | Strategic Business Management (97%)

ALEKS:  College Algebra (78%)
I second koenigtv's suggestion to check out the feedback section and to use IC. I also used the Saylor course to study which I thought was really helpful....ECON102: Principles of Macroeconomics « Saylor.org – Free Online Courses Built by Professors. You can check out Principles of Macroeconomics CLEP Study Guide - Free-Clep-Prep.com too.

Also, if you will need to take Microeconomics in the future, you might want to consider taking them together as there is a lot of overlap between Macro and Micro. Smile
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
This was excellent for Macroeconomics: Economics 102: Macroeconomics Course - Free Online Video Lessons | Education Portal. I went through all of the videos, and they really explained the concepts well. Check the topics with College Board's breakdown to make sure you cover them all because a few topics are missing. To fill in the blanks, I used IC flashcards and Principles of Macroeconomics -by- Libby Rittenberg and Timothy Tregarthen, particularly "international trade." The Peterson's practice tests were helpful as well. I also recommend the Official CLEP Study Guide (I scored 83% on the practice test.) because I have found it is usually a pretty good indicator of how I will do on the actual test.

Hope it goes well! Economics is a very interesting topic Smile.
[COLOR="#000080"]The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood. John 7:18
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#000080"][COLOR="#0033ff"]The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. (Chinese proverb)
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Currently working on Associate of Science in Business

[COLOR="#660000"]CLEP tests[/COLOR]
American Government - 67
History of the United States I - 72
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - 73
Introductory Psychology - 72
Human Growth and Development - 62
College Algebra - 73
College Composition - 62
Principles of Macroeconomics - 72
Principles of Microeconomics - 73
Principles of Marketing - 72
Principles of Management - 72

DSST tests
Environment and Humanity - 69
Principles of Public Speaking - 71/PASS on speech
Principles of Supervision - 450
Intro to Business - 436
Intro to Computing - 471
I've been studying for 2 weeks now. I'm using the following sources:

-Instacert flashcards,
-REA book,
-Resources available here: World Mentoring Academy | FREE Interactive Learning OpenCourseware from MIT, UC Berkeley, Harvard, Yale, Stanford, U Houston, USC, UCLA, Khan Academy, NPTEL (you can register for free),
-Barron's Economics textbook (Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Economics (Barron's Business Review))

I hope to pass this exam in October.

Good luck!
Currently preparing for:
Uexcel: Principles of marketing|CLEP Introductory sociology

Already passed: CLEP College Spanish (476)

Still to go: |CLEP Principles of macroeconomics CLEP US History I

* A.A.S in accounting, Ivy-Tech Community college, Indiana (Graduated December 2014! )
Passed: Managerial accounting, Not-for profit accounting, Professional presence, Intro to microcomputers, Intermediate accounting I, Income tax, Cost accounting I, Spreadsheets, Intermediate accounting II, Payroll accounting, Auditing, Business law, Applied accounting systems
New Mexico Junior College: Public speaking, intro to business
Currently taking:Business statistics

* * Plan to work towards [B]BS in accounting from Indiana State University (online)

*** (My previous degrees: BA & MA in English literature)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I ready to take CLEP Macroeconomics exam if I score 70 percent on the AP Macroecon phthadani 2 1,499 03-23-2018, 11:03 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Planning to sign up for straighterline's macroecon. Should I buy the book? rickyjo 12 2,289 06-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Last Post: rickyjo
  Questions about the CLEP MACROECON & Study Materials (IC, REA etc.) samsdraft1212 3 853 01-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Last Post: skyfall123