Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAYDAY!!! American Dream Exam!
Hello there fellow "instancerters",

Thanks for glancing @ this thread, I am going to be taking this exam in the next few weeks, I've searched the forums for a thread on this subject and there isn't really one(that I have found). Any advice for this exam would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks so much.

Carter
If this is the ECE exam, I know it is an essay format exam and not multiple choice. I know EC doesn't have a practice exam either, probably because of the format. Download the EC study guide from their website and use that to set up your study. Did you check the specific exam feedback area? I believe there is some info there. I looked at taking this, but the essay format scared me off! Good luck!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Scratch72 Wrote:Hello there fellow "instancerters",

Thanks for glancing @ this thread, I am going to be taking this exam in the next few weeks, I've searched the forums for a thread on this subject and there isn't really one(that I have found). Any advice for this exam would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks so much.

Carter
I just joined this site today looking for information on the American Dream test. After a significant amount of time searching, I came up with very little information. I did come across this post, which you may be interested in. The information is four years old, but it is still pertinent.
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post18139

I will state that I have since called my academic counselor and asked for options other than the American Dream. I think I will be going with:

Dantes: Introduction to World Religions (SO 496) - Humanities 3 upper division credits
Dantes: Ethics in America (SO 474) - Humanities 3 upper division credits

Good luck to you.
https://www.excelsior.edu/Excelsior_Coll..._Dream.pdf

I am preparing for the ECE Literacy Instruction Exam. There is not alot of information out there for that either. I found the exam content guide has a lot of good info. You need to get past the generic testing info on the first 4-5 pages then it gets more specific.
I used the list of recommended book in my guide to order my books from Betterworldbooks.com it was much cheaper and I helped a good cause.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Thank ya'll for the responses.

I wish I could take something els, but unfortunately I am stuck with a history degree and have my back up against the wall. Any substitute for this course you guys can think of would be welcomed.

Thanks again for the feedback though!

Carter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 45 6,654 09-29-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: nomaduser
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 3 1,226 09-23-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Dream Job to Entrepreneur... bjcheung77 1 291 05-20-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 55 10,137 05-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,807 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,918 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  European-American University Degree Mill elcastor21 21 3,779 11-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,729 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 834 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  American Dream Academy Course Limit? vintage_jacket 13 4,971 02-16-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP