Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister
My sister is about to start homeschooling to hopefully get (transferrable) college credits easier. I was looking for cheap DE courses. We're in Massachusetts, where all the community colleges are pretty expensive. I'm hesitant to go the Pierpont route as it seems unlikely that a selective institution would accept the Sophia credits within the BoG AAS.

So far I've found WTAMU's dual enrollment program, which is just $150/course. This would be all we needed if it wasn't for the fact that enrollment in more than 2 courses per semester would require approval of the provost. Luna cc is listed on the wiki as being $44/credit, but I can't find that on their website. I'm also unclear how SARA makes enrolling difficult.

Does anyone know of dual enrollment programs which, like WTAMU's, are discounted for high school students?

Also, does Accuplacer testing follow a student or would she have to redo it for each college?
Can't do BOG as a HS student anyway.

Which school(s) does she want to attend? They might well accept Sophia or Study.com; some do, especially for LL credits.

CLEP is also widely accepted, so double-check acceptance of those at the desired school(s) and maybe don't waste DE money/credits on classes that can filled with a free CLEP exam.

Arizona State Universal Learner has no limits that I'm aware of; $425 per course.

This list is from 2020, but worth checking out: https://homeschoolingforcollegecredit.or...right-now/
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • bornsupercharged
Pierpont has online dual enrollment for $25 per credit:
https://www.pierpont.edu/admissions/high...nrollment/

Very well put-together & fully asynchronous.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • bornsupercharged
@muu9, you're trying to assist your sister, in addition to what you've asked, it's better to also bring in more info by filling in the addendum and template.  It's great asking questions and getting answers... Having said that, to help you more, you want to let people know exactly what you are trying to do by providing a bigger overview so we get the full picture of your scenario. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

To answer your questions: Dual Enrollment programs are for high school students, there are plenty available if you're able to get into them.  Your best bet is to provide us info as to age, budget, commitments, study habits, etc that's asked for in the addendum plus template.  The more info you provide, the better we know your situation, and more concrete advice would be.  Best is Dual Enrollment plus ACE options such as Sophia.org and CLEP/MS.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Keep in mind that dual enrollment credits (eg actual classes taken at Pierpont as a high school student) are RA credits, not ACE. Mostly gen-eds and all 100-200 level. My younger one is enrolled there.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • bornsupercharged

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 174,151 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Quick, Cheap, Easy Academic Certificate kevinmane 11 3,354 09-10-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 960 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 290 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,995 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 12 1,730 07-31-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: cro-magnon
  Quickest/Most inexpensive credit banking? Calstar 10 2,063 07-10-2024, 09:36 PM
  CPA prep course + 30 hours of Accounting credit for $2,970 freeloader 6 778 05-31-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Any leads on cheap-ish studio art classes? RachelB 6 611 05-13-2024, 07:30 PM
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,325 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess