Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Guidance (TESU BSBA?)
Hi there. I'm really hoping one of you kind souls can help me identify classes to take or point me in the right direction to do so on my own... I have been trying to use the wiki and read through several threads, but some links do not seem to be working and i've become incredibly overwhelmed Sad . I was recently informed by my employer of 10 years that I need to finish a degree as quickly as possible to avoid losing my job... So I would greatly appreciate any guidance and help. 

1) Basic info about yourself:
Have you read the Beginners Guide? http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/The_Basic_Approach - I can't seem to access this link
Have you read the Wiki? http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki - I can't seem to access this link
Do you have any certificates? Credits from previous studies? - No Certificates, but I do have credit from Community College

2) Answer the following questions, so I can better gauge which of the 3 you're looking at - cheap, easy, or fast.
A) Are you close to a testing site for CLEP? How far and how long would it take you to get there and back?  Yes. ~0.5-1 hour each way
B) Do you have time to study and test at a site or would you rather do everything online for a little extra in price? Online is my first choice, but if studying and testing is faster I would try to attempt that.
C) What is your price range you're looking at for the degree and time you want to set to complete the degree? <~10k. My employer will reimburse. I will be spending as much time as I possibly can to complete a degree as quickly as possible (40+ hours a week).
D) Are you leaning towards cheap, easy, fast or a combo of them all? Rank them in priority. Fast, Easy, Cheap.

3) Have you applied to the school of choice, are you currently enrolled (taking a course)? I applied to TESU and have my Academic Evaluation, but I am not yet enrolled in classes at TESU.
Do you have an academic evaluation? Y/N - Yes - Attached via excel. The green highlights are completed/transferred courses in the categories they were placed in.

4) What exactly are you looking for help with or advice on?  Selecting the right courses to complete any bachelors degree as quickly as possible. I tried filling in the missing courses (white rows) with items I found in other threads or excel files.  If the difference is minimal, I would prefer the BSBA as I work in a Business Environment; However, if it's possible to shave any significant amount of time off with another area of study, I would greatly prefer to do that and circle back for the BSBA when my employment is not at risk. 

Thank you so much for reading and any advice or help you can offer me.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Samantha G's TESU BSBA GM.xlsx (Size: 13.65 KB / Downloads: 22)
The Wiki moved a few months ago: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • SamanthaG
If speed is your goal (and I think it is), then you just need to think FAST without worrying about cost (because everything costs relatively the same).

Also, I can tell you're using some outdated info.  1) take off ALEKS Int Alg, it's no longer offered. 2) The capstone is no longer available as a TECEP exam, only a course. 3) Take off US History I from SL, you've already taken it.

Here's what I would do if I were you:

1) If you know a foreign language well, I'd do the CLEP and ACTFL for those.  Cheapest way to get all your GE courses in one fell swoop.

2) Since your employer is paying for a bunch, why not immediately take any Saylor exams you think you could pass?  They are $25 each, so I'd throw some money that way first:
Business Core
-BUS203: Principles of Marketing
-BUS205: Business Law & Ethics
-BUS208: Principles of Management
-BUS210: Corporate Communication
-Organizational Behavior
-Principles of Finance

Needed for degree:
-MA001: College Algebra
-MA121: Intro to Statistics OR
-BUS204: Business Statistics (will count in AOS)

Ethics Requirement
-Environmental Ethics, Justice & Worldviews

GE Courses
-PHIL103: Moral and Political Philosophy
-COMM001: Principles of Human Communication
-POLSC101: Intro to Political Science
-POLSC201: Intro to Western Political Thought
-POLSC221: Intro to Comparative Politics
-science and computer courses if you want to try those.

3) Sign up for CLEP/DSST exams that you think you can pass with minimal study.  If you have to study for a week or a month to pass, then just do the course.  So for example, if you think you can pass the A&I Lit CLEP exam, take it (Info Lit Requirement).  While you're at the testing center, take whatever else you can (Marketing and Management CLEP's are good choices).  Also good are 6cr exams, which will then fill up the GE more quickly.
- College Math (CLEP), Math for Liberal Arts (DSST), Fund of College Algebra (DSST-comes in as Int Algebra) - these should be a cakewalk for you
- Info Systems & Computer Applications (CLEP) or Computing & Info Tech (DSST) for business core
- Principles of Public Speaking DSST
- Business Law
- Management
- Marketing
- College Algebra
- Sociology
- Psych
- Human Growth & Development
History, science, humanities courses as well

4) Go to Study.com and/or SL, sign up today, and start taking courses.  Take as many as you want.  Obviously if you do SL, you have to pay per course, but I'd take at least 2.  For Study.com, you can take as many as you want, and then narrow it down to at least 2 finals each month.  I can help if you want to try to map out the fastest way to get through these.  Esp Study.com.  Also, for the AOS, if you want to take 2 LL and 4 UL, there are probably easier choices than what you have.

5) Enroll in the cornerstone course now (register for the December term by 11/11), and enroll in the capstone for January term.  Take the cornerstone on day 1 of the term so it's done (it's like 2 hours to complete it).  Take as many business courses as possible before the Jan 1 capstone start date.

I'm betting you could complete 10-14 courses by Jan 1, and then finish the rest by April 1st, when you can then apply for June graduation.

-----------------------------

EDIT TO ADD:
I might sign up for ALEKS and do Intro to Stats and College Algebra.  If you end up with a 70% on the initial test, you're done with the course.  You might be able to get both courses done and onto ACE by tomorrow.  Just throwing it out there, not sure how long it's been since you took Calc I, but I might give those a shot.  Don't bother with anything else, as you already have Trig.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • SamanthaG, suzycupcake
Wow, thank you SO MUCH!!! You provided more help than I could ever ask for. I really, really appreciate it. 

I unfortunately am so removed from my foreign language courses that I don't think #1 is a viable option for me Sad . Your post helped me tremendously with understanding how to use Saylor, CLEP/DSST, and Study.com/SL, so I'll be looking into all of those things today as you suggested. I would greatly appreciate the help you offered with mapping out the study.com or SL courses, but I'll try to first identify the Saylor and CLEP courses before taking any of your time.

Quick question for #5: On the TESU evaluation I received it said that the TES-100 Cornerstone: Lifelong Learning Strategies was waived.  Is your suggestion that despite that I should take it for the credit? 

Quote:Waiver text:
!! Exception The TES-100 Cornerstone: Lifelong Learning Strategies course is not required for you as an individual degree requirement because you meet the established waiver criteria; you are a corporate choice partner student, or have 104 or more credits at application. You may still wish to take this course, which will fulfill 1 semester hour of general education elective requirement.

Again, thank you so so so so so much!!!!

(11-09-2018, 08:30 AM)allvia Wrote: The Wiki moved a few months ago: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki

Thank you, allvia!
(11-09-2018, 12:01 PM)SamanthaG Wrote: Quick question for #5: On the TESU evaluation I received it said that the TES-100 Cornerstone: Lifelong Learning Strategies was waived.  Is your suggestion that despite that I should take it for the credit? 

Quote:Waiver text:
!! Exception The TES-100 Cornerstone: Lifelong Learning Strategies course is not required for you as an individual degree requirement because you meet the established waiver criteria; you are a corporate choice partner student, or have 104 or more credits at application. You may still wish to take this course, which will fulfill 1 semester hour of general education elective requirement.
That's great, then no, you don't have to take the cornerstone.  You must have got in before they got rid of that.
Skip that step.

And yes, do the exams first (Saylor, CLEP, DSST) to get what you can, and then I will be happy to help with the rest.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Ethics and the cpcu guide to professional conduct is arguably the fastest, cheapest(free) and easiest way to satisfy the ethics requirement at tesu(it is ace approved):

https://www.theinstitutes.org/guide/onli...urses-free

I agree that you could probably knock out a few of the CLEPs, saylor, DSSTs with no studying or just a few hours/days of review making it a very quick option. Clep: marketing, management, analyzing and interpreting literature and any math ones that you may already be proficient with, are a good place to start.

You can actually do more than 2 study.com courses in a month and it is very possible especially with the faster/easier ones like presentation skills and library science.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU New Website LevelUP 12 871 10-13-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Credly and Non ACE Certs > TESU credit? mbcummings 9 579 10-12-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 14 1,439 10-10-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: trying2grad
  TESU and DEAC wow 12 619 10-09-2024, 05:45 PM
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 12 1,323 10-06-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  2024 TESU Commencement - October 5th jch 4 577 10-05-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jch
  New WIki TESU BS Cloud Computing Degree Plan LevelUP 2 253 10-03-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Biology Bachelor kakasahib 1 260 09-28-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 278 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM
  TESU Dual CS/CIS Degree Help! comatose95 13 742 09-24-2024, 10:15 AM