Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linked University Questions for Sophia
Hi everyone,

I originally signed up for Sophia Learning at snhu.sophia.org

Now my app.sophia.org/home page is personalized for SNHU classes.

Question 1: Does this automatically transfer credits for completed classes to SNHU, or do I have to use the parchment service?

Question 2: Does anyone know how I would go about removing the SNHU connection if I decided to change universities (currently an applicant student at TESU)?
Seems like you selected SNHU as your university. This could be a problem, because some courses you might be interested in will be hidden from view (such as the super new courses that might not have had anyone attempt to transfer to SNHU like the human anatomy course).

Maybe you can ask the IT staff by email if they can leave you as an undecided college student.
[-] The following 2 users Like Avidreader's post:
  • jdubley, ltw900rr
To answer your first question: if you sign up for a specific university at Sophia, they don't automatically send credits to that university. All they do is show you courses they know will transfer. IIRC, the ones that "won't transfer" are hidden at the bottom or something, but you should still be able to find them? I think they made that change recently-ish. It used to be that you couldn't take them at all.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • jdubley
Thank you both for the help. I can confirm there is another list of courses underneath the "official" courses that say they are not formally confirmed for credit transfer to SNHU (incl. new classes like Intro to Networking). So it looks like I have all the available courses on Sophia.

It looks like it won't matter now that I've signed up for the Parchment transcript sending service, because they allow you to pick your destination school when you order.
If you change your school, you can just request they switch you over in the chat. I was originally connected to Capella for some unknown reason. I must have signed up on a Capella link. They fixed it very easily.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • jdubley
Smile 
(08-12-2023, 10:38 AM)Vle045 Wrote: If you change your school, you can just request they switch you over in the chat.  I was originally connected to Capella for some unknown reason.  I must have signed up on a Capella link.  They fixed it very easily.

Awesome, good to know!  Smile
You just need to contact them to "unlink" your account from any school.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jdubley
Yes, you can unlink it to have the generic version... They had a TESU option but instead of being a partner, they let it lapse or something and haven't been in talks to renewing that partnership, I noticed TESU updated their Approved Provider Directory List and Sophia.org plus most of the others are still in Provisionally Approved list... https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/p...-directory
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
SNHU doesn't accept all Sophia courses they claim to accept. I had to appeal to get most of my Sophia courses accepted and I took the time to ensure all my courses would fit within my degree plan before starting at Sophia. I recommend other universities.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SophiaPrincess's post:
  • RachelB

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 156 90,458 08-31-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: mvicari
  Organizational Behavior in Sophia Kab 9 612 08-28-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Sophia Course: Student Succes Kab 3 252 08-28-2024, 10:11 AM
  Marketing and Criminology on Sophia live homeschoolmom1 18 1,224 08-25-2024, 11:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I never did this badly on a Sophia Touchstone before Avidreader 2 428 08-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Proctored Exams Sophia/SL? SebasUSA2024 6 382 08-19-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: SebasUSA2024
  Sophia Courses to TESU: No More List? SCYankee 2 412 08-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Spanish I on Sophia DavidGood 11 793 07-30-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  English Comp II on Sophia vs at UMPI colonelcamp 11 843 07-26-2024, 08:34 PM
  New Sophia course: Criminology Kab 6 584 07-25-2024, 09:33 AM