Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LSU Accounting Course
Hi All,

I was hoping that someone that have recently taken, one of the upper-level LSU, Accounting courses would be able to provide some of their feedback. I currently only need one additional accounting course to complete by BSBA in accounting at TESC. I would take the class at TESC for the May Semester, but due to family and work commitments, I'm worried I wouldn't be able to keep up with the Discussion Forums, and don't want to risk failing the class and hurting my GPA. I'm thinking about taking the Auditing Course at LSU for anyone who may have taken that class or any of the other accounting courses, did you find that the exams followed what was included in the module assignments? How difficult were the module assignments overall?, How did you find the final exams? For the Auditing course were the exams multiple choice?

Thanks in advance for your feedback
Which course are you looking at, specifically? I'm taking the self-paced Intermediate Accounting I course right now, but am only a few modules in so I cannot speak to the testing just yet. If the course you're eyeing is a self-paced one, the discussion forums are not mandatory. They are only there in case you need help to ask a question. So far, the module assignments are quite doable and based entirely upon the textbook.

I'm not sure if it differs in other courses, but one caution I will put out is the book cost. The course itself was $495, then the book on top of that was almost $200. That normally isn't an issue since you can shop better pricing, but the module is run through the book's website so you must pony up that cash to the publisher to have access to the module material.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
While not self-paced, TESC does offer ACC-421 Federal Income Taxation as a guided study course. Guided study courses do not have discussion requirements.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I'm in the process of taking Auditing. The exams are multiple choice and not open book. The homework is multiple choice questions with one or two written exercises. The course is pretty straightforward and not TOO boring.
Up next: ?
MBA Business Analytics, Eastern University - Done!
BS Liberal Arts: Administrative & Management Studies, Excelsior College
mrs.b Wrote:Which course are you looking at, specifically? I'm taking the self-paced Intermediate Accounting I course right now, but am only a few modules in so I cannot speak to the testing just yet. If the course you're eyeing is a self-paced one, the discussion forums are not mandatory. They are only there in case you need help to ask a question. So far, the module assignments are quite doable and based entirely upon the textbook.

I'm not sure if it differs in other courses, but one caution I will put out is the book cost. The course itself was $495, then the book on top of that was almost $200. That normally isn't an issue since you can shop better pricing, but the module is run through the book's website so you must pony up that cash to the publisher to have access to the module material.

Ahhhh, the legal racket that is textbook publishing.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
eyrobinson Wrote:I'm in the process of taking Auditing. The exams are multiple choice and not open book. The homework is multiple choice questions with one or two written exercises. The course is pretty straightforward and not TOO boring.

Hey eyrobinson. I see you are doing the MS in accounting with SNHU. Would you mind if I send you a PM to discuss?
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Sure, no problem. Sorry for the late post.
Up next: ?
MBA Business Analytics, Eastern University - Done!
BS Liberal Arts: Administrative & Management Studies, Excelsior College

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,626 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Real? OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance David1477 1 475 06-20-2024, 01:53 AM
Last Post: OtterDen
  CPA prep course + 30 hours of Accounting credit for $2,970 freeloader 6 723 05-31-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Need 12 Accounting Credits... TallC 6 1,459 08-17-2021, 01:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 7 2,574 06-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Intermediate Accounting I and II self-paced options? RDUstudent 6 1,596 05-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Teach myself Accounting natshar 7 2,113 04-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Last Post: natshar
Question list of available accounting courses udi 7 2,046 01-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Yanji
  New CSU Global SSAs in Accounting sanantone 15 3,512 11-01-2019, 09:31 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Accounting courses ultimate goal cpa Motivated2move 16 3,232 06-24-2019, 07:10 PM
Last Post: davewill