Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it hard to get A's at Excelsior University taking 2+ classes?
I need to get a 4.0 GPA and I will be taking all (60 credits worth) of my upper divison classes at Excelsior University for a BA in Liberal Arts. I have no job and no responsibilities other than school. Is it reasonable to take multiple classes per term and get A's in all of my classes? 

Also, the reason I need to get a 4.0 GPA is for applying to law school. The reason I am taking so many classes at Excelsior University is because I need 60 graded semester credits to get a GPA on my law school application which Sophia doesn't provide.

Thank you in advance
@Cycle, Welcome to the board... A good intro post but it's missing all the important details! It's like asking people if you can get a life guard license without telling people how well you swim. My suggestion is to take some time reviewing advice, plans, posts, threads, wiki, spreadsheets, etc, to get the hang of how others do things...

For some people like myself, taking two classes at a time is perfect, as you can concentrate on those two classes and since you have the energy and motivation to so, along with the time management skills, it should be 'easier' for you. Having said that, without knowing your scenario more, it's going to be hard to say...

Basically, if you ask me, I can do it (or someone with similar skill set and previous knowledge), can you? In order to help you further... Help others gauge how you do things by filling in the addendum and template to provide a better overview of your situation. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-18-2024, 06:55 PM)Cycle Wrote: I need to get a 4.0 GPA and I will be taking all (60 credits worth) of my upper divison classes at Excelsior University for a BA in Liberal Arts. I have no job and no responsibilities other than school. Is it reasonable to take multiple classes per term and get A's in all of my classes? 

Also, the reason I need to get a 4.0 GPA is for applying to law school. The reason I am taking so many classes at Excelsior University is because I need 60 graded semester credits to get a GPA on my law school application which Sophia doesn't provide.

Thank you in advance

"Is it hard to get A's at Excelsior University taking 2+ classes?"

The hardest part seems to be getting responses to any post about Excelsior on this forum. I guess it's not very popular and/or people just don't know much about it.

I have a post, about the Business program, with 600 views and not a single response. 

Excelsior seems to be a good option, but all I really know at this point is that, unless I want to pay a $300 fee for tranferring credits a second time, I better take the Study.com courses that I know I need (and probably some that I even just might need) and then send them in all at once.

I hope it works out for you. If it does, please drop in and add some help in this area when you can.
Working towards:
  • BS Business @ Excelsior
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
(08-16-2024, 05:16 PM)SCYankee Wrote:
(07-18-2024, 06:55 PM)Cycle Wrote: I need to get a 4.0 GPA and I will be taking all (60 credits worth) of my upper divison classes at Excelsior University for a BA in Liberal Arts. I have no job and no responsibilities other than school. Is it reasonable to take multiple classes per term and get A's in all of my classes? 

Thank you in advance

"Is it hard to get A's at Excelsior University taking 2+ classes?"

The hardest part seems to be getting responses to any post about Excelsior on this forum. I guess it's not very popular and/or people just don't know much about it.

I have a post, about the Business program, with 600 views and not a single response. 

Excelsior seems to be a good option, but all I really know at this point is that, unless I want to pay a $300 fee for tranferring credits a second time, I better take the Study.com courses that I know I need (and probably some that I even just might need) and then send them in all at once.

I hope it works out for you. If it does, please drop in and add some help in this area when you can.

EU is not a very popular option on here. TESU and UMPI seem to be the current top picks among forum users.
I would stick to two classes at a time. I recently finished my degree at Excelsior. As long as you put in the work, you shouldn't have any problems. Feel free to reach out with questions.
I think the difficulty can vary depending on the courses you plan to take. That said, I think it's doable to take mulitiple courses in the same semester. Personally, I took five courses from the EU, and in my opinion, they were not challenging at all. They only lasted 8 weeks, so the time flew by. I took two courses per semester while working, and I managed just fine and got all As.
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Enrolled: 01/2024 (2 down, 8 to go!)
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FIRST TERM IN Excelsior ! minhda 9 620 09-01-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New to excelsior what to expect new2this 9 1,961 08-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: minhda
Question Excelsior BS in Business & General Questions SCYankee 2 277 08-18-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Help - Excelsior Degree Transfer dcowan1 3 571 05-15-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 1,096 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 1,258 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 6,585 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 2,435 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  List of Sophia Classes that count as UL Credit Niketay 2 1,286 07-07-2023, 11:05 AM
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 3,130 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM