Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIRST TERM IN Excelsior !
Hello Everyone, 
My name is Minh and I am from Viet Nam. I have been  credited with 102 transfer credits from my previous univeristy which means I have to complete  6 courses plus a 1 credit course that is also required for the degree. Those subjects are: 
  • Cornerstone
  • Ethics
  • Information Literacy
  • Business Writing or Eng Composition II
  • Leadership
  • Project Management
  • Integrated Business and Management Assessment
I have read through and got no idea what is  about sophia and study.com to transfer the credits. Can anyone give me some explanations about that ? I am paying $1740 per course that is quite expensive for me and I had to pay by credit card. Does courses at Sophia or study are cheaper or something ?  Those courses I have to take above are require a lot of time to study and can we get any other resources to get all those assignments and final exam done easily ? What is the best and fastest way for me to get my degree ASAP by summer 2025  ?

(08-22-2024, 11:18 AM)minhda Wrote: Hello Everyone, 
My name is Minh and I am from Viet Nam. I have been  credited with 102 transfer credits from my previous univeristy which means I have to complete  6 courses plus a 1 credit course that is also required for the degree. Those subjects are: 
  • Cornerstone
  • Ethics
  • Information Literacy
  • Business Writing or Eng Composition II
  • Leadership
  • Project Management
  • Integrated Business and Management Assessment
I have read through and got no idea what is  about sophia and study.com to transfer the credits. Can anyone give me some explanations about that ? I am paying $1740 per course that is quite expensive for me and I had to pay by credit card. Does courses at Sophia or study are cheaper or something ?  Those courses I have to take above are require a lot of time to study and can we get any other resources to get all those assignments and final exam done easily ? What is the best and fastest way for me to get my degree ASAP by summer 2025  ?

My goal is just to get a business degree ASAP. What University should I apply for the fastest and cheapest way ? I am currently applying to Excelsior and paid for my first course for $1740. But they accept 102 credits which I only left 6 courses.
@minhda, xin chào bạn! Welcome to the board!  Great intro post, but you missed the addendum and template, plus any extra info you could have provided us.  It's great you're asking questions, but it's also a good idea to provide an overall overview of your scenario, this will allow us to see how you're doing and what may be a suitable pathway to completing your bachelors.

Basically, if you posted your scenario earlier, before you enrolled... I would have recommended TESU or UMPI over Excelsior for the Business degree. When do you start and is it too late for 100% refund if needed? If my guess is correct, you should be taking IND301: Cornerstone Pathways for your first course.  If you want to continue with Excelsior, you should only take Info Lit, Cornerstone, Capstone.  

Yes - The rest you should transfer in from Sophia.org and Study.com - You need to take the classes at Sophia.org as it's just $75/month and you can take 2 classes at a time, unlimited classes!  Study.com has a special, it's $75/2 classes (6 credits), a third class can be done for $70 if you needed an extra class, this special of a lifetime ends at the end of the month.  My bio/signature has the link to the special offer.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • minhda
(08-22-2024, 12:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @minhda, xin chào bạn! Welcome to the board!  Great intro post, but you missed the addendum and template, plus any extra info you could have provided us.  It's great you're asking questions, but it's also a good idea to provide an overall overview of your scenario, this will allow us to see how you're doing and what may be a suitable pathway to completing your bachelors.

Basically, if you posted your scenario earlier, before you enrolled... I would have recommended TESU or UMPI over Excelsior for the Business degree. When do you start and is it too late for 100% refund if needed? If my guess is correct, you should be taking IND301: Cornerstone Pathways for your first course.  If you want to continue with Excelsior, you should only take Info Lit, Cornerstone, Capstone.  

Yes - The rest you should transfer in from Sophia.org and Study.com - You need to take the classes at Sophia.org as it's just $75/month and you can take 2 classes at a time, unlimited classes!  Study.com has a special, it's $75/2 classes (6 credits), a third class can be done for $70 if you needed an extra class, this special of a lifetime ends at the end of the month.  My bio/signature has the link to the special offer.
Hi ,  Thanks for your information and quick response. 
I will try to ask if I can get a 100% refund but I dont think so,  in this case I would like to look at your recommendation Univeristies that accept the most credits I have gained at Northwood University and I actually had only 4 subjects which are 12 credits to complete my degree in Business Administration major in Management. I could not find any other Uni at that time that accepts the most of the credits I have so that is why I chose Excelsior but then they charge quite expensive, isnt it?
 My situation is that I just literally need a basic business degree to submit for my job. It doesn't matter what Uni or what so ever grade, the company just need a degree for me to work officially for them because I have the skills they required. I need it ASAP like at the end of 2024, do you think it is possible and how ? Beside that, I do not understand how Study.com and sophia actually work officially with the Universities that they can accept to transfer in the credits from 3rd party. I just paid almost $2000 and you said I can actually need to pay $80 for 2 subjects per month ? I am shocked right now.
You can get a 20% tuition discount at Excelsior when you take two classes at either Sophia or Study. Check the Partners page on Excelsior.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • minhda
(08-22-2024, 09:31 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: You can get a 20% tuition discount at Excelsior when you take two classes at either Sophia or Study. Check the Partners page on Excelsior.

Thanks for your information. I have just paid almost $2000 for just a subject so is it possible for me to change to Sophia or Study and add more subject ?
I’m not familiar enough with Excelsior to answer that question but hopefully someone here can.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • minhda
(08-23-2024, 08:47 AM)minhda Wrote:
(08-22-2024, 09:31 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: You can get a 20% tuition discount at Excelsior when you take two classes at either Sophia or Study. Check the Partners page on Excelsior.

Thanks for your information. I have just paid almost $2000 for just a subject so is it possible for me to change to Sophia or Study and add more subject ?

The only way to know is to email Excelsior what they can do for you... Which class did you register for? Was it the IND301: Cornerstone Pathways? If so, and you're looking to stay at Excelsior, you want to get them to provide you the discount by delaying your start by a term. You can finish the remaining transferable credits with Sophia.org and Study.com first, then take the class from them if you decide to remain with Excelsior.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • minhda
(08-23-2024, 09:56 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(08-23-2024, 08:47 AM)minhda Wrote:

The only way to know is to email Excelsior what they can do for you... Which class did you register for? Was it the IND301: Cornerstone Pathways?  If so, and you're looking to stay at Excelsior, you want to get them to provide you the discount by delaying your start by a term.  You can finish the remaining transferable credits with Sophia.org and Study.com first, then take the class from them if you decide to remain with Excelsior.

Thanks for your response. Have u ever taken IND301 ? is this necessary to buy their textbook to complete the course or we can find the answer on the internet ? I just want a pass  and save the cost as much as possible.
Hi guys, 
I sent my "The Culture of Leadership"- SOC 3040 syllabus  BUS 452 Business Leadership to cover  "BUS 452 Business Leadership"  Excelsior academic  advisor and I received her email below but I do not understand what  she meant. The syllabus meets the requirements but I have room for an external course ? I thought I do not have to take it anymore ?
 Her response was : "  Great news! Your  Northwood University (The Culture of Leadership) course has been added to your evaluation and it covers the leadership requirement. It looks like you will have room to take one external course. Please let me know which course you would like to take with Sophia or Study.com and I will check to see if it will fulfill your requirement. If so, then I will approve the course.

Keep in mind that when taking external credit there is a Post Admissions Credit Evaluation Services fee of $300 to have the external transcript evaluated. Once you send the transcript you will be emailed with a link to pay the $300 and then the evaluation will be initiated. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this."

(08-26-2024, 10:48 AM)minhda Wrote: Thanks for your response. Have u ever taken IND301 ? is this necessary to buy their textbook to complete the course or we can find the answer on the internet ? I just want a pass  and save the cost as much as possible.

I haven't taken anything at Excelsior, I would not know if you need the textbook or not. Have you read their course requirements? It should indicate what is required, there may be cheaper/free online or older versions that are acceptable to be used.

I merged your thread, what do you think external means? Please read their answer again... External means outside Excelsior, they even mentioned to you which Sophia.org or Study.com class you want to transfer in. That's your answer you need to give them, that's it!

Update: If you don't know what external class you need, review the first post. You have those remaining classes, reply to them what you want to take that can be transferred in from any ACE provider, such as Sophia.org, Study.com or NCCRS provider as long as it transfers in and completes the requirements.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to excelsior what to expect new2this 9 1,996 08-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: minhda
Question Excelsior BS in Business & General Questions SCYankee 2 293 08-18-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Is it hard to get A's at Excelsior University taking 2+ classes? Cycle 5 807 08-17-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Help - Excelsior Degree Transfer dcowan1 3 590 05-15-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 1,156 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 1,272 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 6,617 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 2,457 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 3,161 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,639 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree