Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior BS in Business & General Questions
Question 
Finally, finally, finally getting around to buying the SDC 12-month subscription to knock out a bunch of UL credits and remaining Business courses for EU BS in Business. My business is doing well and I have the money.

1. Does EU still require 30 UL credits altogether? (I see the BS in Business requires 21 in the Business area.)

2. The Gen Ed reqs for BS in Business show 21 credits needed in "additional Arts & Sciences". Is this a catch-all for anything, or only for specific classifications (i.e. humanities, math, psychology, etc.)?

3.  If I submit the credits I have now (free since I took Sophia courses, right?), can I send over the news ones from SDC when I take them? Or is that the harder way, and I should just send them all when done?

4. If I send over the ones I have now, will an advisor be able to give me straight answers on whether certain SDC courses will satisfy the remaining reqs?

That's all I have for now. I'm either sending over the credits this week, or enrolling in SDC with a plan of attack.

Otherwise, several more years are going to pass, or it might never happen.

Thanks.
Working towards:
  • BS Business @ Excelsior
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
I would focus on having 30 UL courses all together. The best way to determine your plan is talk to a EC. They know what SDC courses transfer. 

They way you submit credits should be based on if you want to pay the $300 transcript fee. When you first enroll they will evaluate them within a week. Anything after that falls into the reevaluation. At this point you can submit them however many times you want until you pay the fee. 

If you are doing the BS Business, lmk and I can send everything I did. I only completed 3 courses at Excelsior. 

Feel free to reach out with any questions.
(08-17-2024, 12:11 PM)dcowan1 Wrote: They way you submit credits should be based on if you want to pay the $300 transcript fee. When you first enroll they will evaluate them within a week. Anything after that falls into the reevaluation. At this point you can submit them however many times you want until you pay the fee. 

Thanks so much for responding. 

Okay, so I need 30UL courses, and 21 of those need to be in general business.

I don't quite understand what you're saying here about the fee. It sounds like you're saying I can transfer multiple times and then pay a fee once. However, I called EU last week, and they told me I could transfer my existing credits for free, but if I wanted to transfer more later, and anytime after that, they would charge a $300 fee.

They also said that an advisor wouldn't help me answer specifically what course I could take for each requirement until I'm officially enrolled. So I'm trying to decide whether to:

1. Transfer credits now, understanding I'll be paying $300 after SDC, in order to get help with choosing those courses in the first place.

2. Doing what I hope is right at SDC, bringing all the credits in except those last credits required at EU, knowing that I might have made some mistake and will still need to pay $300 to bring in that other credit after all.
Working towards:
  • BS Business @ Excelsior
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FIRST TERM IN Excelsior ! minhda 10 847 09-13-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: tonyend2001
  Transfer 113 to BS in Business (General Business Concentration) mcvjones 10 1,139 08-22-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New to excelsior what to expect new2this 9 1,996 08-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: minhda
  Is it hard to get A's at Excelsior University taking 2+ classes? Cycle 5 807 08-17-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Help - Excelsior Degree Transfer dcowan1 3 590 05-15-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Bachelors of Science in Business BigJohn1975 10 1,234 04-01-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 1,156 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 1,272 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 6,617 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 2,457 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc