Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro & Information Systems and Computer Applications CLEP
ISCA is an easy exam for tech savvy people. If you are still worried about getting a 50 or above, study.com offers the course and is the only one besides CLEP that is ACE recommended for ISCA. If you fail the CLEP immediately jump over to study.com brush up on their content then take the final. Unlike CLEP, study does not have a 90 day retake policy. A failed final can be retaken every month. As for Managerial Accounting, I have found SL's Accounting II to be the easiest but not all schools accept this as Managerial Accounting.
Yeah I'm not concerned with trying to CLEP managerial accounting, I'm taking a speed course on that from the end of June to the beginning of August. I appreciate you telling me about study.com though, ill look into that if for some reason I fail the Information Systems CLEP. I'm a tech savvy person though so hopefully I don't have a problem. I feel like I may be worrying too much but we'll see.
Another thing i should note is if they will take the intro to computing DSST exam,

"Starting April 18, 2016, military service member students who do not pass their first exam will be eligible for one free
retake. Students will be able to take advantage of this promotion by providing a voucher code at the time of retest. The
voucher code will be sent to students via email 1-2 days after taking the exam.
Students will be able to take advantage of the promotion until May 31, 2016. As part of this limited time promotional offer
we have reduced the standard wait period to retake a DSST exam from 90-days to 30-days beginning April 18, 2016."
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
gingerbeefE Wrote:"Starting April 18, 2016, military service member students who do not pass their first exam will be eligible for one free
retake. Students will be able to take advantage of this promotion by providing a voucher code at the time of retest. The
voucher code will be sent to students via email 1-2 days after taking the exam.
Students will be able to take advantage of the promotion until May 31, 2016. As part of this limited time promotional offer
we have reduced the standard wait period to retake a DSST exam from 90-days to 30-days beginning April 18, 2016."

That's awesome! My test date is May 5th so hopefully I will not need a retest because failing would be awful. I'm going through the flash card every day until the test lol.
So now I registered and payed for the Petersons practice tests. I scored 65 on the first one so I have two more. The test made me really nervous and I felt like a lot from what I needed to know on the cards that instacert provided me with wasn't on the test. A little bit of it was, but I finished with 40 minutes left on the clock. Idk why but I was nervous I wouldn't finish soon enough. Two more practice tests to go and my test date is now on May 13th, I feel like I'm on the right track.
If you're scoring 65 on a Peterson's practice CLEP with 40 mins to spare, you're golden.
COMPELTED
CLEP: Calculus (75), Precalculus (71), Info Sys and Comp Apps (78), College Mathematics (63), College Algebra (65).
SL: Calc I, Calc II, C++, Intro to Religion, Intro to Business, Business Ethics, Prin of Mgmt, Bus. Law, A&P I, A&P II
Study.com: Principles of Marketing, Microbiology
edX: Intro to Dif. Eq., Linear Dif. Eq.
UND Ind. Study: Discrete Math
APU/AMU: Linear Algebra, Mathmatical Modeling
TECEP: Nutrition
B&M: Far too many!
The only thing I didn't like about it and made me worried was that I felt like I guessed on at least half the questions. But a 65 isn't bad for my first time around. 24 days to test day! And I can't wait to take it and have this over with.
Sorry this is my new screen name. It's from my instant cert account. Conacher was my non Instant cert name.
Just took another test, got a 43. Not looking good anymore.
Conacher Wrote:That's awesome! My test date is May 5th so hopefully I will not need a retest because failing would be awful. I'm going through the flash card every day until the test lol.

Don't get it mixed up though, that is only for the DSSTs.... I think you are taking the CLEP.... go register for the DSST (intro to computing) and take it on the 28th if you're free. You have nothing to lose it will basically be another practice test.
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,834 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,171 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Systems Engineering Certification NotJoeBiden 3 652 03-31-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Chimera
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 565 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 2,014 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 2,130 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,714 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 5,118 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM
  UMPI YourPace Computer Science ashkir 99 22,010 09-07-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 677 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM