Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instantcert for Credit By Examination
Hey i'm new to this so just wanted to ask a quick question. My school doesn't allow CLEP credits but does give credit by examination where if you get a 80% or higher you get credit and exemption from the course. I'm taking Macroecon and Microecon in 3 weeks and wanted to know if the questions on the CLEP would be the same on a college comprehensive exam. Thanks
Hopefully, someone else will jump on board, until you get a more comprehensive answer directly to your question. Let's keep it going, so that may happen.

All I can share, is that I "challenged" two subjects with my college, which is what they called this. One was a subject I knew, as I teach it already. The other one, I asked what the requirements were, asked if there was a specific textbook I might use to prepare and the school told me which book it was based upon. You might want to get to the department head/chair and see if they will share this type of information.
I agree with Judy. When I give a college challenge exam it is usually the same as a comprehsive course final exam. It would be best to know the text book it is based on and also to get a look at the course syllabus so you know what material is covered in the actual course. I believe the IC flashcards would give you some good basic coverage of the subject matter, but normally I only recommend challenge exams for subject matter that you know well, such as you already took the course but it is too old for credit or you it is in a subject that you work with on a daily basis etc. Good luck!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
When I took Macro and Microecon in a B&M environment, the finals were quite a bit tougher than the CLEP exams. Get the textbooks used for the courses and syllabuses.
Are the answers multiple choice? This could make it significantly more difficult. Does your college accept Straighterline credits? That could be a cheaper way to get your macro and micro done in case you don't do well on the tests.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
nupasani0322 Wrote:...My school doesn't allow CLEP...

Why not switch to one that does?
www.excelsior.edu
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:
Why not switch to one that does?
www.excelsior.edu

Or TESC, or COSC, or about 900 billion other colleges in the country...

Seriously, what kind of school is it that won't take at least a few CLEPs? Freaking Harvard accepts 12 CLEP credits, ferpetesake!
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 215 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,873 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Quickest/Most inexpensive credit banking? Calstar 10 1,941 07-10-2024, 09:36 PM
  CPA prep course + 30 hours of Accounting credit for $2,970 freeloader 6 690 05-31-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,233 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 2,883 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 428 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 1,045 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 927 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 710 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy