Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help figuring out how to finally obtain Bachelors, advice appreciated
(05-27-2023, 12:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Do NOT do Sophia's Project Management if you are going for the BABA Project Management. You will be missing crucial information that will slow you down when you take the two successive UL Project Management courses at UMPI.

I think it's more the concept that Sophia Project Management takes time, and UMPI BUS 141 takes time, so if you have a choice between spending time on one or the other, that time is better spent on BUS 141. However, having personally completed BUS 400 & BUS 401 after transferring Sophia Project Management, I was really worried that I was missing some important information, but it ended up being fine. In the end I was happy that I didn't have to take BUS 141 at UMPI because I was able to find an easy LL elective, but either way seems like it would be ok.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
(05-27-2023, 03:55 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: I think it's more the concept that Sophia Project Management takes time, and UMPI BUS 141 takes time, so if you have a choice between spending time on one or the other, that time is better spent on BUS 141. However, having personally completed BUS 400 & BUS 401 after transferring Sophia Project Management, I was really worried that I was missing some important information, but it ended up being fine. In the end I was happy that I didn't have to take BUS 141 at UMPI because I was able to find an easy LL elective, but either way seems like it would be ok.

BUS141 at UMPI is REALLY easy. I did it in less than 3 days. Just had to wait for approval on my project. You do start with PMI info in this course. Sophia's Project Management course isn't PMI based so there is a difference between the 2.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
Alright I decided to go ahead and apply to the UMPI English program and see how the credits I have play out. I can still do some Sophia etc before classes begin at the end of August, correct?

Again, thanks everyone for sharing all of this knowledge, I really appreciate all the input.

Also, does this look about right?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Thanks!
It's workable... You want to max your Sophia.org and transferable credits before you begin the degree at UMPI. Is it the English one with Pro Comm/Journalism concentration you want to get? They have other degree options such as CJ, History/Political Science, etc. Maybe get an evaluation first and then decide as most of your credits aren't in the social sciences.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-27-2023, 05:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It's workable... You want to max your Sophia.org and transferable credits before you begin the degree at UMPI.  Is it the English one with Pro Comm/Journalism concentration you want to get?  They have other degree options such as CJ, History/Political Science, etc.  Maybe get an evaluation first and then decide as most of your credits aren't in the social sciences.
Yes, the Pro Comm/Journalism is what I’ve decided to aim for provided the process goes smoothly. 
How long do the evaluations seem to typically take? I know Monday will throw things off with Memorial Day.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 174 Yesterday, 12:13 AM
Last Post: starsfan33
  Tamuc & WGU planning advice onward25 10 239 09-23-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 306 09-23-2024, 10:56 PM
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 274 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 289 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 584 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 11 1,193 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
  aiming for acupuncture degree, need help with CBE bachelors plan teadrinker000 16 634 09-01-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  DSST testing advice (for beginner) audpants 2 194 08-26-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 18 1,360 08-26-2024, 09:00 AM