Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Done Thread - 4th Times a Charm!
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Rebel, I hope that I have helped others like I have been helped, as that is what keeps this community great. Latebloomer, I know I wouldn't be where I am now without the support here, so I hope to inspire new members to go for their goal regardless of their age or starting point. I'm proud of the fact that my kids are very impressed with what I have done and they are inspired now to "beat" Mom and I love that! Thanks Shoto and Ryan for the club welcome, I'm glad to be a card carrying member now! When I lost the job that I loved because of no degree I ended up here and I'm grateful that someone told me about this place, now I just hope I don't ever have to worry about that happening again. I am proud of what I have accomplished in a short time, it was hard work, but so worth it. I hope everyone strives to reach their goals because it is possible with a little work and some friends!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Congratulations Marianne! Amazing job! :hurray:
[SIZE="1"]BSBA in Accounting at TESC - Done! :hurray:
Started June 2009 with zero credits, now have 133!

CLEP:
English Literature - 67, Chemistry - 60, Microeconomics - 69, Macroeconomics - 77, U.S. History I - 68, U.S. History II - 64, American Government - 64, Humanities - 68, College Algebra - 64, English Composition - 56, Financial Accounting - 80 Smile, Principles of Management - 74, Intro. Business Law - 73, Principles of Marketing - 79, Info. Systems & Computer Applications - 77

DSST:
Introduction to Business - 446, Human/Cultural Geography - 69, Personal Finance - 463, Principles of Supervision - 443, Organizational Behavior - 76, Human Resource Management - 77, Business Ethics and Society - 468, Principles of Finance - 471, Management Information Systems - 447, Money and Banking - 73

TECEP:
Financial Institutions and Markets, Federal Income Taxation, Strategic Management

Straighterline Course:
Business Communication
[/SIZE]
C o n g r a t u l a t i o n!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!!!! You've always been so much help and i'm happy for you.
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
Congrats!!!!!!!
TESC BSBA
1A – Eng 101 & 102 SL – Business Communications SL – College Algebra ALEKS 73% - Intermediate Algebra ALEKS 74%
1B – Macro SL – Micro SL – Business Stats 80% ALEKS – Substance Abuse DSST 450 – Environment and Humanity DSST 55 – Intro to Psychology CLEP 56
1C – Intro to Religion DSST 445 – Ethics in America DSST 443 – Sociology CLEP 58
1D – Pre-Cal ALEKS 76% - Tech Writing DSST – I need to choose 4 more
2A – Business Law CLEP 57 – Intro to Comp DSST 443 – Principles of Financial Accounting SL – Managerial Accounting SL – Marketing CLEP – Principles of Finance DSST – Business Ethics and Society DSST – Strategic Management Capstone – Management CLEP 50
2B – Money and Banking DSST - Marketing need to choose one – MIS DSST 415 – Organizational Behavior DSST – Human Resource Management DSST
2C – Principles of Supervision DSST – Intro to Business CLEP – Business Law 2 DSST 49
2D – Personal Finance DSST 446 – HTYH DSST 435
marianne202 Wrote:I'm done with grad school! My Master's in Healthcare Administration will be conferred at the end of the month! I arrived here 3 years ago with the goal of just finishing my associates degree, but thanks to the wonderful support and motivation of this community I have finished 4 degrees in 3 years! 3 years ago I couldn't even imagine that I would be capable of going back to school, at 45 I thought that opportunity was long gone. I'm living proof that this community is a support system to rival any family. I just want to thank all my friends here for helping and supporting me along this journey, without your help I wouldn't be where I am today. Thanks everyone! For anyone who wants proof that this place works, just look at me! Now it's time to party!

You kick ASS! (can I say that here lol?) Seriously, you are awesome. An inspiration!!! I feel so happy for you!! It's been a wild ride, but you did it!!
Thanks Cook! Too funny! Thanks Lacey and Frankie! I hope I have helped repay the support and info I have found here. I know that my journey has had an impact on how I teach and counsel my students as well as my own kids. My 13 daughter is already begging to start testing, but I'm taking it slow as I'm not sure how she would do in that environment. We are going to start with Environment and Humanity since that is right up her alley! I have also been featured in The Chronicle of Higher Education twice as a result of my non-traditional degrees. I hope to be able to move people towards this path that might not otherwise know it exists. Thanks again everyone. While I'm not quite done with school yet, I'm working on a post-bacc certificate, it seems easy compared to my grad school work! I consider my journey basically complete, since I have gone as far as I plan. My Dean would love for me to go for my doctorate, but there is no way I would want to do a dissertation, so that is out for me! Thanks for all the support, I couldn't have done it without you all, so celebrate with me!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! What a difference 3 years and a ton of motivation makes. You are truly impressive and an example for everyone on the forum. Thank you for the inspiration you've been to everyone here (including me!)

GREAT JOB!!!!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 762 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  What the New York Times College Cancel Culture Essay Gets Wrong About Censorship LevelUP 2 888 03-11-2022, 10:52 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Help finding a thread (or info) on FAFS reconsideration based on lower 2020 income studyingfortests 2 756 11-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Another Thanks Thread Clepking100 2 1,215 08-07-2020, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Clepking100
  Struggle Thread jcooke 15 2,895 05-26-2020, 09:34 AM
Last Post: lillingworth
  New thread RodeRuner 0 1,012 04-07-2019, 09:32 AM
Last Post: RodeRuner
  Journey Thread -- BS Cybersecurity quigongene 106 27,837 01-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  No degree to MBA-HR in 20 months - Nodaclu's Progress Thread Nodaclu 155 29,176 01-11-2019, 01:19 AM
Last Post: alab21
  transferring credits multiple times husker77c 11 3,035 11-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Last Post: husker77c
Exclamation New accountability and progress thread! Lewis.Yim 4 1,740 08-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: eriehiker