Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any tips for staying sane / keeping balance? :)
I'm SO close to the end, but I feel myself unraveling. Any tips for keep sanity and balance?

I discovered Instacert and this forum at the tail end of my degree. So I've been doing a bricks and mortar program tailored for working adults--and paying for it I might add. I started adding in the Dantes/DSST last fall, picking it up at the beginning of the year. My goal is to graduate in May, so I can just enjoy my summer for the first time in years! Since the beginning of the year I've gained 16 credits between the brick and mortar and Dantes. Plus working full time, boyfriend, friends, family... I know: wah, wah, wah. Smile

My sanity is quickly disintegrating. I'm sure other people have had their moments or breakdowns? Any tips for keeping it together?

I have one brick and mortar class and two Dantes planned between now and the end of April. I know I'll finish... I'm just trying not to make the lives of the people around me too miserable in the process. Smile
go rewrite your resume with your new degree on it. Smile
Spend less time with friends and family. Also spend less time watching TV and surfing the web.
This is how I kept my sanity and completed my degree on my schedule. Nobody will fault you for putting your nose to the grindstone to complete your education.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
I agree with Jennifer to focus on the goal and finish line. Just realize that you will be able to call yourself a college grad before long and that is a great motivator. I hit many walls along my journey and I see my students hit similar walls and find that focusing on the end result and how it might change my life is a great way to get out from under all the day to day stuff. Good luck, soon all your hard work will be hanging on your wall!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
I'm the type of person that gets overwhelmed by long-term projects. If you're that type, I suggest focusing on little milestones. It was easier for me to digest doing one or two tests the next week instead of focusing on the fact I had several tests to complete before the application deadline. Using IC certainly does reduce study time if you're the type that does well with flashcards. Once I knew I only needed IC for most exams, my study time went down to about two days per test.
[Image: stock-photo-finish-line-just-ahead-green...597356.jpg]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I'll admit I've really had a hard time with the friends/family thing. Hard to make that boundary. Always feel guilty.

Thanks for all the good advice. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks rachel83az 11 33,284 01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Over $600K student debt - Combined balance (with ex-hubby) bjcheung77 1 463 05-08-2023, 08:50 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Tips on How to Get Straight A’s in College LevelUP 19 4,581 05-07-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 596 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Question Anyone Have Any Tips for Searching for College News? LevelUP 0 502 12-19-2022, 05:34 PM
  5 Interviewing Tips From an Amazon Applicant Who Jeff Bezos Hired on the Spot LevelUP 4 1,182 03-07-2022, 12:38 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  AP2 Need tips 2L8 1 837 04-14-2020, 08:49 AM
Last Post: udi
Question Straighterline Business Statistics Tips Bunii 3 2,941 07-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Bunii
  Putting It All Together—Suggestions/Tips pws 16 6,246 11-17-2018, 09:53 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Tips on how to get 70+ on clep chemistry? Lecpot 28 8,519 08-14-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: cookderosa