Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am done!....OFFICIALLY!
For those of you who have been following my threads here and at degreeinfo I've been waiting to post this until I received the official letter from TESC. That letter came in the mail a few days ago. I had been driving myself nuts trying to make sure that I had every last detail completed well in advance of TESC's date of April 1st.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with my story I completed my last 33 credits (DSST/DANTES/CLEP/ALEKS) in one month (almost to the day) all while carrying 18 hours with TESC. Needless to say it was a major undertaking but for those of you contemplating the difficulty of completing a degree....DON'T! I am not a super genius or anything even remotely close to that. I just set forth on a journey and knew that come hell or high water I was going to complete something I should have done several years ago.

I cannot tell you how many times during this entire process (several years) I wanted to just give up and not finish because of problems that arise in life. Many things may have you considering giving up but you have to just put things in perspective. A friend of mine has always given this advice when it comes to my degree path. Time doesn't wait around for you to make decisions. In several years you'll be several years older regardless and whether or not that's accompanied by a degree is your decision. Not completing my degree has always been a major regret in my life and I now feel like I can close this chapter and move on to the next.

So to all of you still moving along just remember to keep things in perspective. Also, to quote someone I admire "Around here, However, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because were curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths..." ~ Walt Disney
[SIZE="4"]Congratulations![/SIZE]
What a run at the end- 33 credits in one month- wow! Nice to have the official word so you can relax. cheersmate
Hope you'll stick around and keep us posted on what you decide for graduate/law school. Great job!!
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Sunshine Wrote:[SIZE="4"]Congratulations![/SIZE]
What a run at the end- 33 credits in one month- wow! Nice to have the official word so you can relax. cheersmate
Hope you'll stick around and keep us posted on what you decide for graduate/law school. Great job!!

I'm definitely sticking around. I get regular PM's from people asking for advice and I'm more than willing to give back. I'm still undecided on the law school/masters debate but I really need to decide by next week. Thanks for the congrats! cheersmate
That is great advice from your friend, which applies to a lot of things in life. Congratulations! Please keep us updated on your next journey.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: I knew you could do it. I wish I had a friend like yours a long time ago. If I get this done by July 1 as planned it will be 38 years in the making. I hope we will see you at the ceremony in Oct.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Congrats!! Let us know how law school and/or Penn State turns out. Smile
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
Hi Soup!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! WHooooHoooooo!!!! :hurray: cheersmate:hurray:

Enjoy!!! And good luck in your next adventure!!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Congratulations and welcome the "I'm Done" club. Feels good doesn't it? Keep us posted on how you are doing with your future studies.
Again, congratulations on completing your degree and have a cold one on me. cheersmate
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
No regrets now Smile Great job!!!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Congratulations ... you are such an inspiration 33 credits in a Month wow...for me it took me years to finish 12 credit units or something like that

I was so burnt out...but by putting one step head of next one, God's grace and people here and IC....I can finally put the long story of why I did not have a degree at 33.

Congrates

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! mojave 13 1,680 08-21-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  I DID IT!!! EC Grad Requirements Officially Complete! SuZQ2 20 2,416 11-17-2016, 07:13 PM
Last Post: bricabrac
  My youngest is officially a college student, and stupid crap guidance couselors say.. rebel100 23 2,672 03-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Officially started! Scryer 7 1,084 12-08-2015, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Scryer
  Officially getting this show on the road sheagang6 5 827 11-17-2014, 03:16 PM
Last Post: sheagang6
  I am officially ultra edumucated! sanantone 19 1,795 05-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Last Post: ryoder