Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am Done .."My Strong"
First off, congratulations!

Your post is the first one that I have read since joining back today. I too have had set backs just working on my Associates (which I was due to receive last December). I had two strokes October 30, 2009 and triple by-pass open surgery on November 4th. My sister had just been diagnosed with cancer and before I could travel, she passed away in February. I had two finals to take from last fall's semester to finish my incompletes and passed both of them this week. I am officially a graduate of my Associates's Decree after forty years in the process. I have 90 hours accumulated and am planning on pursuing my Bachelor's at Thomas Edison and A LETTER LIKE YOURS JUST MAKES ME MORE DETERMINED TO KEEP TRYING.

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN, YOU DESERVE IT.

frankiebleyes
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
Glad you are back with us, Frankie. So sorry to hear about your sister's passing and your health problems but glad to hear you are on the mend.

As adults, we have adult-sized problems but as a previous poster has noted, we must just keep pursuing our ultimate goals. Yes, we may have to take a break for a variety of reasons but the win will be in getting back to work, once we are able.

Welcome back!
Judy
Congratulations, and thanks for an inspiring post.

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
Congratulations!! Thanks for the story...
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
Welcome to the club! The harder the mountain the sweeter the view, enjoy it!
Welcome back Frankiebleyes!

I can't imagine what this last 6 months has been like for you. I am so sorry about the loss of your sister.

I am so glad that your health has recovered enough to allow you to pursue school again. Congratulations on completing your Associate Degree!

---------

Mapalo - Since you live pretty close to Albany and are in the mood to celebrate, will you be getting the chance to go to the graduation ceremony in July?
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
frankiebleyes Wrote:First off, congratulations!

Your post is the first one that I have read since joining back today. I too have had set backs just working on my Associates (which I was due to receive last December). I had two strokes October 30, 2009 and triple by-pass open surgery on November 4th. My sister had just been diagnosed with cancer and before I could travel, she passed away in February. I had two finals to take from last fall's semester to finish my incompletes and passed both of them this week. I am officially a graduate of my Associates's Decree after forty years in the process. I have 90 hours accumulated and am planning on pursuing my Bachelor's at Thomas Edison and A LETTER LIKE YOURS JUST MAKES ME MORE DETERMINED TO KEEP TRYING.

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN, YOU DESERVE IT.

frankiebleyes

Frankie...I pray with higher power, and time God heals your heart from your loss...I just lost my dearest papa on March 3rd...so I really understand......Go on for your BS we will be hear to cheer you on

Thank You everyone for all posts.....I really feel I am so happy to share this with you...
NAP if I don't travel out of the country for the World Cup I might be able to attend the graduation or maybe for my second degree

Mapalo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College Math CLEP vs. Statistics DSST if not strong in math... S.Tesla 6 2,131 05-23-2019, 06:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  MS Vouchers Still Going Strong? Doodlebabe 4 1,447 11-27-2018, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Doodlebabe