Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to pay for University of Helsinki course
I just completedthis quick course called Me and my cat on the url below. The website is kind of funky, just sign up with the same email you used for Xamk and/or if you have taken other Moocs at Helsinki. At the end of the course, you refresh the page and a link appears that redirects you back to the Helsinki university to formally register it.
The course is very fun for cat lovers and only takes an hour. You fill out a questionnaire about your cat's breed, age, personality, behavior issues and any information about when they were kittens during the socialization window. They talk about the science of cat behavior which is very basic and for all ages. Then they ask the owner to do a self assessed personality quiz and compare your traits with the average cat owner. There are 4 graded multiple choice questionnaire exercises that can be redone until you get everything right. Worth 2 university credits if you pay 30 euros, otherwise the completion certification is free.

There is also a dog course called Me and my dog. There is supposed to be an English version, it seems hidden. You'd have to do what I did with the cat course, sign up with your email and the system seems to redirect you to the English version of the course.

https://courses.mooc.fi/org/uh-veterinar...and-my-cat
https://courses.mooc.fi/org/uh-veterinar...ja-koirani

My question is how is the 30 Euro paid because they mention in a window a Finnish bank, but I don't think I see other payment options. Thanks!
(05-28-2024, 03:53 PM)Avidreader Wrote: I just completedthis quick course called Me and my cat on the url below. The website is kind of funky, just sign up with the same email you used for Xamk and/or if you have taken other Moocs at Helsinki. At the end of the course, you refresh the page and a link appears that redirects you back to the Helsinki university to formally register it.
The course is very fun for cat lovers and only takes an hour. You fill out a questionnaire about your cat's breed, age, personality, behavior issues and any information about when they were kittens during the socialization window. They talk about the science of cat behavior which is very basic and for all ages. Then they ask the owner to do a self assessed personality quiz and compare your traits with the average cat owner. There are 4 graded multiple choice questionnaire exercises that can be redone until you get everything right. Worth 2 university credits if you pay 30 euros, otherwise the completion certification is free.

There is also a dog course called Me and my dog. There is supposed to be an English version, it seems hidden. You'd have to do what I did with the cat course, sign up with your email and the system seems to redirect you to the English version of the course.

My question is how is the 30 Euro paid because they mention in a window a Finnish bank, but I don't think I see other payment options. Thanks!

I cannot see what you are seeing without completing the course myself. 

That said, normally you do not register for credits directly on these MOOC course delivery websites, the completion of the course on the MOOC website and the registration for the class with U Helsinki are two seperate things.

After completing the implementation on the course website, you should be able to go to your mooc.fi profile (should be able to see there all the classes you did with U Helsinki like this) to register your completion. Click on the Register completion button and complete the Open University enrollment form. After you are registered formally you get billed.

If you hit a roadblock at that point, consider including a screenshot. I'd like to help but I don't have time to click through the course today.

I seem to remember getting an invoice was possible with a previous registration, rather directly paying online. They sent me an invoice and I had to log into my online banking and send money to the IBAN they provided with the reference. Maybe this only works with EU accounts though since American banks don't have IBANs. You could use Wise if this ends up being an option.
(05-28-2024, 10:53 PM)sarahmac Wrote:
(05-28-2024, 03:53 PM)Avidreader Wrote: I just completedthis quick course called Me and my cat on the url below. The website is kind of funky, just sign up with the same email you used for Xamk and/or if you have taken other Moocs at Helsinki. At the end of the course, you refresh the page and a link appears that redirects you back to the Helsinki university to formally register it.

I cannot see what you are seeing without completing the course myself. 

That said, normally you do not register for credits directly on these MOOC course delivery websites, the completion of the course on the MOOC website and the registration for the class with U Helsinki are two seperate things.

After completing the implementation on the course website, you should be able to go to your mooc.fi profile (should be able to see there all the classes you did with U Helsinki like this) to register your completion. Click on the Register completion button and complete the Open University enrollment form. After you are registered formally you get billed.

If you hit a roadblock at that point, consider including a screenshot. I'd like to help but I don't have time to click through the course today.

I seem to remember getting an invoice was possible with a previous registration, rather directly paying online. They sent me an invoice and I had to log into my online banking and send money to the IBAN they provided with the reference. Maybe this only works with EU accounts though since American banks don't have IBANs. You could use Wise if this ends up being an option.
Yeah, I can reach the Open University signup stage 100% fine like with the freebie MOOCs, it is just the bank step that I am confused because the page is 100% in Finnish from a bank I am unfamiliar with. I tried it again and tried translating everything I could to English. I located a menu that let me pay my course with my credit card!  Big Grin

Thanks for you help. Smile

Oh and here is another link of the class, in case anyone else wants to take it.

Cat course
https://studies.helsinki.fi/courses/cour...8051b0dff7

Dpg course
https://studies.helsinki.fi/courses/cour...e7/ELK-416

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 45 6,569 09-29-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 61 12,388 09-26-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  Perdoceo to acquire University of St. Augustine... bjcheung77 1 242 09-17-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 17 2,923 09-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  University of The Cumberlands Mrsmiracle90 3 425 09-12-2024, 08:47 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,773 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  University of Lynchburg Transformation Charles Fout 8 817 08-01-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 464 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  UNED Spanish online university Avidreader 5 790 07-03-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: inor
  Talk to me about California Coast University Vle045 16 9,627 06-25-2024, 08:19 PM