Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much does PF cost?
Apologies if this was asked before, I did try searching the forum and the Internet already and did not get the dollar amount for one class from PF. Also, does one pay per course, or is it a subscription-style payment like SL or ALEKS? I plan on taking Intermediate Accounting II from them as SL does not have an equivalent course.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

I think I've read the PF courses are about 280 or 300 a course, however I could be mistaken. I also was under the impression one could knock out all the Accounting needed through SL, but I could be wrong again.
kalishakti Wrote:Apologies if this was asked before, I did try searching the forum and the Internet already and did not get the dollar amount for one class from PF. Also, does one pay per course, or is it a subscription-style payment like SL or ALEKS? I plan on taking Intermediate Accounting II from them as SL does not have an equivalent course.

It's per course payment (self-paced, no subscription fees)-- $237/course.
kalishakti Wrote:Apologies if this was asked before, I did try searching the forum and the Internet already and did not get the dollar amount for one class from PF. Also, does one pay per course, or is it a subscription-style payment like SL or ALEKS? I plan on taking Intermediate Accounting II from them as SL does not have an equivalent course.

PF costs 237/course. They do allow monthly payment plans. When you call, you have to tell them you are interested in enrolling in single courses. They will transfer you the Workforce Development Center where you can register for single courses. Or, just search for PF workforce development./ there has been a contact person mentioned on the forum before. However, when I took 3 courses with PF, I called the main # and they transferred me over.
Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
Open College @ Kaplan University
Completed
April 2016

Master of Business Administration
Kaplan University now Purdue University
In Progress
32 out of 60 credits earned
tsimmns Wrote:I also was under the impression one could knock out all the Accounting needed through SL, but I could be wrong again.
This is true for the General Management BSBA, however, not for the Accounting BSBA which I have decided to pursue Smile SL offers (the TESU equivalents) of Financial, Managerial, Intermediate I and Cost.
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

You can also get the courses you need from CSU-Global for $250/course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:You can also get the courses you need from CSU-Global for $250/course.
I will be going with CSU Global for 2 of my AOS electives Smile
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

kalishakti Wrote:I will be going with CSU Global for 2 of my AOS electives Smile

Can I ask you what your plan of attack will be for the remaining courses in the AOS, and what courses you plan on taking at CSU-Global? I was initially thinking about pursuing a BSBA in Accounting with TESU but was unsure about how to fill the AOS requirements. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I was considering the Accounting AOS as well. Here are the only test-out or self-study courses possible (after Financial & Managerial Accounting):

Penn Foster
Intermediate Acct I
Intermediate Acct II
Computer Apps in Accounting

CSU-Global
9 choices above Financial/Managerial acct, all of which are UL

Straighterline
Financial Accounting -->> Intermediate Accounting
Managerial Accounting -->> Cost Accounting (UL)

I worried that SL wouldn't teach me enough to be able to do well on higher level courses that built on those topics, so I wasn't going to use them (just based on what people say on this forum about the nature of SL as a learning method).

I took Managerial Finance through PF, and I did not particularly love it, although it wasn't terrible. I just don't feel that I learned a lot. So I was leaning towards CSU-Global for all 6 of the courses.

Hope that helps.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
For someone who is beginning with little to no accounting knowledge, would this be advisable:

Take these SL course equivalents: Managerial Accounting, Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, and Intermediate I and then take these more advanced courses through CSU-Global or Upper Iowa University: Intermediate II, Fed Taxation, Auditing, and Advanced Financial Accounting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It Costs Over $10 Million in Opportunity Cost to Go to College LevelUP 7 1,019 05-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  College will cost up to $95,000 this fall. Schools say it’s OK LevelUP 3 456 04-26-2024, 05:36 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  GCU fined for misleading cost estimates clep3705 2 497 11-03-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  50 States - Average cost of college 2023 bjcheung77 1 549 08-16-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  New poll shows that majority of Americans now think college isn't worth the cost LevelUP 11 1,452 04-01-2023, 09:55 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Which college would be your choice - balancing reputation/perception - cost - time esh 6 855 08-08-2022, 05:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tiger Parents? Extra activities at a cost! bjcheung77 2 831 12-09-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Skirtlet
  As Colleges Move Classes Online, Families Rebel Against the Cost Merlin 17 3,179 08-21-2020, 10:02 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Ultra Low Cost College Degree Video ss20ts 13 2,601 05-22-2020, 01:07 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  21 Low-Cost Online Master's Degrees from Coursera and edX Life Long Learning 0 1,274 07-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning