Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
How much does PF cost? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: How much does PF cost? (/Thread-How-much-does-PF-cost)

Pages: 1 2

How much does PF cost? - kalishakti - 05-09-2016

Apologies if this was asked before, I did try searching the forum and the Internet already and did not get the dollar amount for one class from PF. Also, does one pay per course, or is it a subscription-style payment like SL or ALEKS? I plan on taking Intermediate Accounting II from them as SL does not have an equivalent course.

How much does PF cost? - tsimmns - 05-09-2016

I think I've read the PF courses are about 280 or 300 a course, however I could be mistaken. I also was under the impression one could knock out all the Accounting needed through SL, but I could be wrong again.

How much does PF cost? - Nixi - 05-09-2016

kalishakti Wrote:Apologies if this was asked before, I did try searching the forum and the Internet already and did not get the dollar amount for one class from PF. Also, does one pay per course, or is it a subscription-style payment like SL or ALEKS? I plan on taking Intermediate Accounting II from them as SL does not have an equivalent course.

It's per course payment (self-paced, no subscription fees)-- $237/course.

How much does PF cost? - futuremrsmlb - 05-09-2016

kalishakti Wrote:Apologies if this was asked before, I did try searching the forum and the Internet already and did not get the dollar amount for one class from PF. Also, does one pay per course, or is it a subscription-style payment like SL or ALEKS? I plan on taking Intermediate Accounting II from them as SL does not have an equivalent course.

PF costs 237/course. They do allow monthly payment plans. When you call, you have to tell them you are interested in enrolling in single courses. They will transfer you the Workforce Development Center where you can register for single courses. Or, just search for PF workforce development./ there has been a contact person mentioned on the forum before. However, when I took 3 courses with PF, I called the main # and they transferred me over.

How much does PF cost? - kalishakti - 05-09-2016

tsimmns Wrote:I also was under the impression one could knock out all the Accounting needed through SL, but I could be wrong again.
This is true for the General Management BSBA, however, not for the Accounting BSBA which I have decided to pursue Smile SL offers (the TESU equivalents) of Financial, Managerial, Intermediate I and Cost.

How much does PF cost? - dfrecore - 05-13-2016

You can also get the courses you need from CSU-Global for $250/course.

How much does PF cost? - kalishakti - 05-14-2016

dfrecore Wrote:You can also get the courses you need from CSU-Global for $250/course.
I will be going with CSU Global for 2 of my AOS electives Smile

How much does PF cost? - azt579 - 05-14-2016

kalishakti Wrote:I will be going with CSU Global for 2 of my AOS electives Smile

Can I ask you what your plan of attack will be for the remaining courses in the AOS, and what courses you plan on taking at CSU-Global? I was initially thinking about pursuing a BSBA in Accounting with TESU but was unsure about how to fill the AOS requirements. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

How much does PF cost? - dfrecore - 05-14-2016

I was considering the Accounting AOS as well. Here are the only test-out or self-study courses possible (after Financial & Managerial Accounting):

Penn Foster
Intermediate Acct I
Intermediate Acct II
Computer Apps in Accounting

CSU-Global
9 choices above Financial/Managerial acct, all of which are UL

Straighterline
Financial Accounting -->> Intermediate Accounting
Managerial Accounting -->> Cost Accounting (UL)

I worried that SL wouldn't teach me enough to be able to do well on higher level courses that built on those topics, so I wasn't going to use them (just based on what people say on this forum about the nature of SL as a learning method).

I took Managerial Finance through PF, and I did not particularly love it, although it wasn't terrible. I just don't feel that I learned a lot. So I was leaning towards CSU-Global for all 6 of the courses.

Hope that helps.

How much does PF cost? - azt579 - 05-14-2016

For someone who is beginning with little to no accounting knowledge, would this be advisable:

Take these SL course equivalents: Managerial Accounting, Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, and Intermediate I and then take these more advanced courses through CSU-Global or Upper Iowa University: Intermediate II, Fed Taxation, Auditing, and Advanced Financial Accounting