Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many daily hours of study would be needed to get a psychology degree in 1 year?
Are you looking for graded credits? Most of the testing options such as schmoop, aleks, clep, etc. are pass/fail. Some schools will award grades for certain exams. TESU only transfers courses in as credit/no credit. Excelsior will award grades for some exams, as well as their own. With most of the options as long as the score is above the minimum requirement, it is considered a pass and credit will be awarded but no letter grade.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
No one is saying it, so I'll say it- but an undergraduate degree in psychology is going to require you continue on to earn a master's or doctorate, so you'll probably want to look at the requirements to get into graduate school and work backwards. Testing out in full isn't always the best way to get into grad school (there are exceptions, of course) especially if you're hoping to get licensed by your state.
clep3705 Wrote:From what school? Do you care about your GPA? Do you have ethical qualms about using search engines when taking unproctored online quizzes?

If the answer to the last one is "No," where do you go from there?
cookderosa Wrote:No one is saying it, so I'll say it- but an undergraduate degree in psychology is going to require you continue on to earn a master's or doctorate, ...

only if a career in counseling or psychology is your goal

but if your only goal is a degree then its all you need

and you think psychology might be the easiest or if its a subject that interests you then that's even better
braindead Wrote:If the answer to the last one is "No," where do you go from there?

I laughed too hard at this. at least youre honest.
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
swalke321 Wrote:Are you looking for graded credits? Most of the testing options such as schmoop, aleks, clep, etc. are pass/fail. Some schools will award grades for certain exams. TESU only transfers courses in as credit/no credit. Excelsior will award grades for some exams, as well as their own. With most of the options as long as the score is above the minimum requirement, it is considered a pass and credit will be awarded but no letter grade.
Ah, in that case, graded credits isn't that important. I would therefore need to simply take it as a personal goal to really study the test material (simply out of personal want). I was wondering how long what I plan to do would take.

In the case where someone getting a degree in Psychology would take non-graded tests, but would want to thoroughly study and learn the test material out of personal interest, would completing the degree in 1 year be possible? How many hours per day of study would that imply?
cookderosa Wrote:No one is saying it, so I'll say it- but an undergraduate degree in psychology is going to require you continue on to earn a master's or doctorate, so you'll probably want to look at the requirements to get into graduate school and work backwards. Testing out in full isn't always the best way to get into grad school (there are exceptions, of course) especially if you're hoping to get licensed by your state.
Yeah, I agree. An undergraduate degree in psychology is usually just a piece of paper without a master's or a doctorate degree. However, the reason I want to get a degree is because I need it to get a teaching license, and the reasons I want to get a Psychology degree is that psychology interests me a lot, I would have relative ease with this subject, and from reading the forum and other places, it seems like an easy/simple and quick degree to get.
Kev Wrote:Yeah, I agree. An undergraduate degree in psychology is usually just a piece of paper without a master's or a doctorate degree. However, the reason I want to get a degree is because I need it to get a teaching license, and the reasons I want to get a Psychology degree is that psychology interests me a lot, I would have relative ease with this subject, and from reading the forum and other places, it seems like an easy/simple and quick degree to get.

What I'd suggest then, is just get started Smile
Only you know how fast you can study or complete a course, and every course will be slightly different -- there isn't really a set time each will take. If you have three hours a day/evening, then set up a plan, and dive into whichever alternative credit source you are most interested in using. SL is good because once you get started, it can become fun to continue to complete courses quickly, or at least that is how I felt. Then move on to the list of free credits. Then study.com, then ed4credit. Lots of options, and the sooner you get started, the more likely you are to be done in a year Wink
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
You just have to start. Everyone is different. Some prefer study.com for the videos. Other prefer taking one exam as it allows you to study using the text book. It depends on the topic, previous knowledge and how quickly you learn the material. Thoroughly learning Abnormal Psychology could take awhile but other psych subjects are easier. I studied social psych using study.com and found that it provided a good coverage of the topic. The more in depth you study a topic the longer it will take.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
But with 3 hours of study a day, where I would learn the subject relatively well, would it be realistic to say that the degree could very well be completed in a year?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 30 6,605 04-28-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 2,640 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 347 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 744 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 483 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
  How to Study Deetzin 3 286 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 657 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 810 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 594 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 312 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain