Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History of the Vietnam War (study.com)
I took the "History of the Vietnam War" test today and passed. I studied the flash cards on instantcert.com primarily. I did review the information on study.com, but to be honest with you, it seemed repetitive to the flashcards on instantcert. I went through the cards a few times over the past few weeks and was freaking out a bit by all the names and dates, didn't think I could keep it straight. There were not that many questions about all the different people (McCarthy, Colson, Ball, etc, plus the Vietnamese names I couldn't keep straight). There were a lot of questions on Tet, Easter Offensive, Rolling Thunder. If you know the info on the flash cards you will pass, I think it was pretty easy. I was only stumped on a few (who was the politician most outspoken about the war, which religious leader went to jail for tearing up draft cards, which celebrity staged a sit in to protest the war) there are more but I don't remember. Sorry.
boocat1988 Wrote:I took the "History of the Vietnam War" test today and passed. I studied the flash cards on instantcert.com primarily. I did review the information on study.com, but to be honest with you, it seemed repetitive to the flashcards on instantcert. I went through the cards a few times over the past few weeks and was freaking out a bit by all the names and dates, didn't think I could keep it straight. There were not that many questions about all the different people (McCarthy, Colson, Ball, etc, plus the Vietnamese names I couldn't keep straight). There were a lot of questions on Tet, Easter Offensive, Rolling Thunder. If you know the info on the flash cards you will pass, I think it was pretty easy. I was only stumped on a few (who was the politician most outspoken about the war, which religious leader went to jail for tearing up draft cards, which celebrity staged a sit in to protest the war) there are more but I don't remember. Sorry.

Thanks for sharing! Did you find IC helped with the quizzes, or mainly the final?
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Im looking forward to taking this next week. I printed the flash cards out to study in my spare time, I think it is helping as I ace almost every quiz question when I review.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

icampy Wrote:Im looking forward to taking this next week. I printed the flash cards out to study in my spare time, I think it is helping as I ace almost every quiz question when I review.

I found printing out the flashcards helpful as well!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
I used just the flashcards to study. If you go through the flashcards and are able to fill in the blanks at least one time as you go through, you will be able to recognize enough of the content on the final when taking a multiple choice test. Some of the choices were so very obviously wrong and easy to eliminate. A few questions you have to think about a bit in terms of time frame to make an educated guess, but for the most part the content on the flashcards was sufficient for study material. I marked 8 questions I wasn't sure about, and probably guessed on half of those.
Just got back my essay for History 308. Not so great- 74. Good news is that you can resubmit. I do plan on improving it at sending it again before I take the final. Sadly I have had trouble studying and getting through the material on the Vietnam War. I have struggled to remain interested in this class for some reason. All the different politicians, generals and other leaders get jumbled. I've had difficult time recalling which person ordered what or which person said what. Anyway, I attached the official Study.com grader notes, just in case anyone is interested in what they look like.

Attached Files
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">History 308 Graded Essay-H.docx (Size: 31.33 KB / Downloads: 6)
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
OakLakeNC Wrote:Just got back my essay for History 308. Not so great- 74. Good news is that you can resubmit. I do plan on improving it at sending it again before I take the final. Sadly I have had trouble studying and getting through the material on the Vietnam War. I have struggled to remain interested in this class for some reason. All the different politicians, generals and other leaders get jumbled. I've had difficult time recalling which person ordered what or which person said what. Anyway, I attached the official Study.com grader notes, just in case anyone is interested in what they look like.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about resubmitting. You need 210 points to pass the course and assuming you did all the quizzes at 100%, you now have 174 of the points needed. You only need to score a 36% on the final to pass the course. Unless of course you want a higher grade for personal reasons.
I like the idea of being able to resubmit a paper. If nothing else, it's good practice. Many times people come on here and ask about becoming better writers - this is a great way to do so, and it's included in the price. Having your before and after grading can only help you in the future. I think the information they gave you is very valuable.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
jsd Wrote:Both of Study.com's Vietnam courses transfer in as HIS-351: A History of Vietnam War (UL). They duplicate each other, so take the easier one.

Study.com - Thomas Edison State University

Does this course satisfy the General Ed requirements at TESU? I've been looking in the General Ed section for His-351, but can't find it.
TESU only lists courses they actually offer on that page, but any history course will satisfy the GE requirements.

frostedfire Wrote:Does this course satisfy the General Ed requirements at TESU? I've been looking in the General Ed section for His-351, but can't find it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com History Courses lawqueen04 4 154 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Lightbulb Study.com 5 Exam Limit per Month Clarification Jaymes 2 177 09-13-2024, 08:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 496,485 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  Limited Time 68% Off College Saver at Study.com portals 37 6,976 09-08-2024, 10:43 AM
  Study.com non-proctored final exams Tsanchez123 6 591 08-30-2024, 06:17 PM
  Study.com renewal discount Tsanchez123 1 224 08-25-2024, 10:53 AM
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 9 3,187 08-16-2024, 11:36 AM
  Study.com Exam, Accidentally Left Installer Open ExcellentPhoto 2 384 08-13-2024, 06:41 PM
  Study.com—is this course NCCRS or ACE? wow 15 705 08-12-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com Failed Exam BSBRose21 5 3,006 07-31-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary