Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History of the Vietnam War (study.com)
ndelcollo, how was your final exam/course grade?
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
jsd Wrote:Both of Study.com's Vietnam courses transfer in as HIS-351: A History of Vietnam War (UL). They duplicate each other, so take the easier one.

Study.com - Thomas Edison State University

I just got off the phone with an AA at TESU and they both transfer in as LL, as they're going according to ACE's recommendation, and they both are listed there as LL. I'm wondering if Study.com hasn't updated their website after a recent ACE review? :\ That's a bummer! I was seriously praying it would replace the test.
I would followup with them on that. TESU often goes against ACE recommendation for credit level, and they have an established transfer path for these courses already, and this has been confirmed by other users as well as study.com. I think your AA was confused or misinformed.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:I would followup with them on that. TESU often goes against ACE recommendation for credit level, and they have an established transfer path for these courses already, and this has been confirmed by other users as well as study.com. I think your AA was confused or misinformed.

Just called back and spoke with a different AA. She said that 108 would transfer over as HIS351. Thank you for encouraging me to call back!!!! I'm going to go knock this course out TODAY.
Mamasaphire Wrote:ndelcollo, how was your final exam/course grade?

I'm still waiting on the grade. I tried to take the exam late at night on the 5th, the day before my month expired, and there was some glitch. Study.com reset the exam for me after reviewing what I had done so far and agreeing that the glitch wasn't my fault, but by the time it was reviewed and reset, I wasn't able to retake again until the 11th due to schedule. I was about 30-35 questions into the first attempt and felt like I had only missed maybe 2-3 questions. I don't feel like I did as well with the second attempt, but I would guess my grade will be in the 80's somewhere or high 70's at worst. I definitely feel like I passed, but I think I was on my way to mid-90's grade on the first attempt. I also studied hard before the first attempt and then probably got a little too cocky before retaking and didn't go over things as much as I should have after taking a couple days before retaking the exam. Hopefully today is the day for the grade.

*I just want to make a note for anyone who needs assistance from Study.com. Originally, I just contacted them through the option on their website and the response I received was that I could retake the exam after 3 days. I had a problem with this because I paid for the 72 credits for the year and I did not feel like the glitch was my fault and I did not want to lose one of the exams I paid for. If you need any help through them, I would either call them or send an email directly to Lucas. He has helped me on multiple occasions with things and he actually listens to the problem and doesn't just give the standard, stock response. I've spoken with him both through email and the telephone and he is a great customer service rep. I think the contact option on the website is just for very basic things, so if you need something a little more in-depth I would definitely not bother with that option.
ndelcollo Wrote:If you need any help through them, I would either call them or send an email directly to Lucas. He has helped me on multiple occasions with things and he actually listens to the problem and doesn't just give the standard, stock response. I've spoken with him both through email and the telephone and he is a great customer service rep. I think the contact option on the website is just for very basic things, so if you need something a little more in-depth I would definitely not bother with that option.

Good to know. Study.com needs to ramp up their CS. Timeliness in receiving an answer has been an issue, as well as receiving a clear answer to the actual question. It's been annoying to me to receive answers like "check the syllabus, here is the link" when the question was about something not on the syllabus.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
katiejo85 Wrote:Just called back and spoke with a different AA. She said that 108 would transfer over as HIS351. Thank you for encouraging me to call back!!!! I'm going to go knock this course out TODAY.

Good plan! It should definitely apply as HIS-351 History of the Vietnam War at TESU. Let us know how it goes for you!
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Mamasaphire Wrote:Good to know. Study.com needs to ramp up their CS. Timeliness in receiving an answer has been an issue, as well as receiving a clear answer to the actual question. It's been annoying to me to receive answers like "check the syllabus, here is the link" when the question was about something not on the syllabus.

Hi Mamasaphire,

Thank you so much for this feedback! We’ve been working to expand and ramp up our Customer Success team to address issues like the ones you’ve identified. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you.

Thank you!
The Study.com Team
Mamasaphire Wrote:ndelcollo, how was your final exam/course grade?

I received the grade today and scored a 93%. I was pleasantly surprised to see that score. Now onto the two Civil War courses! I finished the quizzes for the first course and will be taking that exam within the next day or two. I noticed that because I finished Civil War and Reconstruction, I am already through 64 out of 120 quizzes for the American Civil War Era.
Study.com Wrote:Hi Mamasaphire,

Thank you so much for this feedback! We’ve been working to expand and ramp up our Customer Success team to address issues like the ones you’ve identified. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you.

Thank you!
The Study.com Team

Study.com team,
Thank you for the update. I know it's been mentioned before, but I am currently dealing with it again, so it is on my mind -- the stressor that the wait between taking a final exam and receiving word of passing or failing causes.

I understand you are relying on humans to watch the proctor videos, and likely someone who isn't waiting on pins & needles for the results would feel that 2-5 days is a fair amount of time to receive said results. However, for those trying to decide if we need to keep studying and take the final again, or if we can go on to our 2nd course/subject, it can be taxing.

Constantly wondering about the final course grade & needing to check is also distracting. During periods that I have set apart for studying, I have been refreshing my Dashboard *multiple* times (since taking my most recent final), which is using time & energy that should ideally be focused elsewhere Wink :leaving:

Thanks for asking for input, and for listening to your customers!
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com History Courses lawqueen04 4 154 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Lightbulb Study.com 5 Exam Limit per Month Clarification Jaymes 2 177 09-13-2024, 08:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 496,485 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  Limited Time 68% Off College Saver at Study.com portals 37 6,976 09-08-2024, 10:43 AM
  Study.com non-proctored final exams Tsanchez123 6 591 08-30-2024, 06:17 PM
  Study.com renewal discount Tsanchez123 1 224 08-25-2024, 10:53 AM
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 9 3,187 08-16-2024, 11:36 AM
  Study.com Exam, Accidentally Left Installer Open ExcellentPhoto 2 384 08-13-2024, 06:41 PM
  Study.com—is this course NCCRS or ACE? wow 15 705 08-12-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com Failed Exam BSBRose21 5 3,007 07-31-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary