Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help to finding A degree/plan.
(02-02-2018, 01:05 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 12:45 AM)davewill Wrote: I thought somebody around here DID earn more than 90 credits from SL, but I don't know if they actually had 90 that fit in their degree plan.

Yes, I have seen people earn more than 90.  You can earn as many as you want, but TESU will only take 90.

Okay, thank you.

Is it only SL/Shmoop who got Open book finals or do other sites have that as well?
The Federal Income Tax TECEP at TESU is open book.
Danielp Wrote:Okay, thank you.

Is it only SL/Shmoop who got Open book finals or do other sites have that as well?

Only ones available are from the FREE sources of credit list (11 credits total) and StraighterLine, Shmoop.
If you're going for a BALS, get those FREE credits along with as many open book SL/Shmoop you can get.

eriehiker Wrote:The Federal Income Tax TECEP at TESU is open book.

This is the only exception as the test requires the current years "Income Tax Forms" and there too many fields to enter data.
This is a required course if you are going for the BSBA Finance - All other TECEPS I have seen are closed book.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-03-2018, 05:34 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Danielp Wrote:Okay, thank you.

Only ones available are from the FREE sources of credit list (11 credits total) and StraighterLine, Shmoop.
If you're going for a BALS, get those FREE credits along with as many open book SL/Shmoop you can get.

eriehiker Wrote:The Federal Income Tax TECEP at TESU is open book.

This is the only exception as the test requires the current years "Income Tax Forms" and there too many fields to enter data.
This is a required course if you are going for the BSBA Finance - All other TECEPS I have seen are closed book.

Okay, I mean, closed book exams aren't that bad, as long as there are quizzes which counts for the course grade.
Can Macroeconomics and microeconomics be used as electives?
(02-05-2018, 01:39 PM)Danielp Wrote: Can Macroeconomics and microeconomics be used as electives?

They are Gen Ed's, and can be used in Knowledge of Human Cultures or Gen Ed Electives.  They are required in the BSBA core (in the 2014/2015 catalog, they are actually not part of the BSBA core, but are included in the Human Cultures area as requirement of the degree).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-26-2017, 02:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Danielp Wrote:After i've researched a lot, it just seems like I need to have a ''relevant'' bachelor for SOME of them, but it doesn't get specified what a ''relevant'' bachelor is and the rest I just need to have a bachelor. So i'm leaning more towards a BALS or maybe a BSBA in GM. I've been looking at the BALS degree plans, but most of them are outdated..

Also, I found this. https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/co...y.com/?c=1
3 months of study.com for 450 dollars, doesn't that sound like a good deal?

If you didn't know already, the BALS can use the first 90 credits of the BSBA.  You can just take all the same Gen Ed courses first, then the 27 business courses would be moved to the 27 "free electives" for your BALS.  The remainder/difference is the AOS/Area Of Study and capstone.  Don't worry if you decide halfway through you want to change the degree, the only thing you need changed are the AOS/Capstone if you decide 90 credits in you want a different degree.

Okay, since i'm still unsure which degree to get, i'll start getting some business courses for my degree that can be used in both degrees. What courses is useable for both degrees? I'm doing microeconomics and macroeconomics atm.
Danielp, my friend. Download the spreadsheets for both BALS English Lit Minor (as an example) & BSBA GM, it's in my dropbox. As per the quoted text of mine, it's all there. Haha... Just to repeat - the general education courses are the same, the required professional business courses from the BSBA would be placed into the BALS FREE electives, those are the same 90 credits.

The only difference again is the AOS - Area of Study, 30 credits worth. You get that right, it's all in the spreadsheets? The only difference are the 10 courses (capstone included). My suggestion is do everything from SL and Study.com since you're not close to a testing center. Do not make people repeat what's already there, once is fine, twice is OK, a third time would be a bit taboo or repetitive...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-08-2018, 10:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Danielp, my friend.  Download the spreadsheets for both BALS English Lit Minor (as an example) & BSBA GM, it's in my dropbox.  As per the quoted text of mine, it's all there.  Haha... Just to repeat - the general education courses are the same, the required professional business courses from the BSBA would be placed into the BALS FREE electives, those are the same 90 credits.  

The only difference again is the AOS - Area of Study, 30 credits worth.  You get that right, it's all in the spreadsheets?  The only difference are the 10 courses (capstone included).  My suggestion is do everything from SL and Study.com since you're not close to a testing center.  Do not make people repeat what's already there, once is fine, twice is OK, a third time would be a bit taboo or repetitive...

Yeah my bad, I just wasn't sure if I could pick anything and I wasn't really looking for a concentration in GM, so it made me quite unsure.

I think you missunderstood my question since I phrased it wrong. But can I use ANY of the courses from the required professional business courses into the BALS? That's what I meant
Done with Macroeconomics and hopefully soon done with Microeconomics.. expecting to be done with Introduction to communication in a few days too.. Not sure what course to pick next on Straighterline

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,547 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,193 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,809 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 3,017 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 5,512 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 3,021 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,697 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 2,186 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,614 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,990 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero