Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help to finding A degree/plan.
(02-08-2018, 11:35 PM)Danielp Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 10:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Danielp, my friend.  Download the spreadsheets for both BALS English Lit Minor (as an example) & BSBA GM, it's in my dropbox.  As per the quoted text of mine, it's all there.  Haha... Just to repeat - the general education courses are the same, the required professional business courses from the BSBA would be placed into the BALS FREE electives, those are the same 90 credits.  

The only difference again is the AOS - Area of Study, 30 credits worth.  You get that right, it's all in the spreadsheets?  The only difference are the 10 courses (capstone included).  My suggestion is do everything from SL and Study.com since you're not close to a testing center.  Do not make people repeat what's already there, once is fine, twice is OK, a third time would be a bit taboo or repetitive...

Yeah my bad, I just wasn't sure if I could pick anything and I wasn't really looking for a concentration in GM, so it made me quite unsure.

I think you missunderstood my question since I phrased it wrong. But can I use ANY of the courses from the required professional business courses into the BALS? That's what I meant

The business courses can't be used in the BALS (at least not in the AOS, or Gen Ed's).  They can be used in Free Electives.  So unless you have a plan for each, and know which courses you're going to use and where they go, it begins to be difficult to figure it out.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Okay thanks. I think I finally understand it now. I've attached my spreadsheet. Is it possible to move the free credit courses (Teex, Sophia and NFA) into General Education Electives? I need 9 credits there atm..

And can I change whatever degree (An example is a BALS with a concentration) I want as long as I haven't started on the AOS?

Attached Files
.xlsx   BALS Spreadsheet.xlsx (Size: 44.02 KB / Downloads: 12)
(02-10-2018, 10:26 AM)Danielp Wrote: Okay thanks. I think I finally understand it now. I've attached my spreadsheet. Is it possible to move the free credit courses (Teex, Sophia and NFA) into General Education Electives? I need 9 credits there atm..

And can I change whatever degree (An example is a BALS with a concentration) I want as long as I haven't started on the AOS?

Macroecon & Microecon are Gen Ed's.  The TEEX CIS-344 can be moved to Gen Ed, but the others can't be moved - they aren't classified as Gen Ed's.

Once you move those, you just have to take English Comp I & II, and Speech, and you're done with your Gen Ed's.  BUT, that's just you putting them where you want them.  Once you apply to TESU and send your transcripts, they will move some things to the AOS (assuming you're doing a BALS) because they will fit into the AOS, and it's more important to put them there than the Gen Ed's (which are easier to find).  So just be aware of that.

If you take a bunch of Business courses thinking you might want to switch at a later date, they will go into Free Electives for the BALS, but would get moved if you switched degree plans.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-10-2018, 03:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 10:26 AM)Danielp Wrote: Okay thanks. I think I finally understand it now. I've attached my spreadsheet. Is it possible to move the free credit courses (Teex, Sophia and NFA) into General Education Electives? I need 9 credits there atm..

Macroecon & Microecon are Gen Ed's.  The TEEX CIS-344 can be moved to Gen Ed, but the others can't be moved - they aren't classified as Gen Ed's.

Once you move those, you just have to take English Comp I & II, and Speech, and you're done with your Gen Ed's.  BUT, that's just you putting them where you want them.  Once you apply to TESU and send your transcripts, they will move some things to the AOS (assuming you're doing a BALS) because they will fit into the AOS, and it's more important to put them there than the Gen Ed's (which are easier to find).  So just be aware of that.

If you take a bunch of Business courses thinking you might want to switch at a later date, they will go into Free Electives for the BALS, but would get moved if you switched degree plans.

Okay, is there somewhere where I can see what courses fits in the free electives? I haven't found a spreadsheet that covers it yet. (I prefer SL, since i'm still using that site)

Business Law and Organizational behavior should be fine, right?
(02-10-2018, 05:15 PM)Danielp Wrote: Okay, is there somewhere where I can see what courses fits in the free electives? I haven't found a spreadsheet that covers it yet. (I prefer SL, since i'm still using that site)

Free electives can be anything. That's why they are called free. This is where your PE courses or anything that won't fit elsewhere go.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-10-2018, 05:15 PM)Danielp Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 03:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Okay, is there somewhere where I can see what courses fits in the free electives? I haven't found a spreadsheet that covers it yet. (I prefer SL, since i'm still using that site)

(02-10-2018, 05:19 PM)davewill Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 05:15 PM)Danielp Wrote: Okay, is there somewhere where I can see what courses fits in the free electives? I haven't found a spreadsheet that covers it yet. (I prefer SL, since i'm still using that site)

Free electives can be anything. That's why they are called free. This is where your PE courses or anything that won't fit elsewhere go.

Thank you! That cleared it up for me

Business Law is a Free Elective if not a BSBA major, Org Behavior will be a Gen Ed or BALS AOS course if not BSBA, since it's considered a Psych course.

.xlsx   tesu ba psychology.xlsx (Size: 23.96 KB / Downloads: 16)
.xlsx   tesu ba psychology.xlsx (Size: 23.96 KB / Downloads: 16) Hi, all, 
I also need some help. I'm trying to do a degree in Psychology at TESU.
Here is what i've come up with so far. Can someone help fill in the whole in the major? and all other help is greatly appreciated on this amazing forum!

thanks in advance!
Intro to Ethics can not be used for that AOS. It needs to be Ethics in the Social Sciences, which is only available at TESU right now (but I believe Study.com is working on it). You can use Intro to Ethics for your General Ed ethics requirement, but most people use the free ethics course from The Institutes for that. All the general ed stuff is very easy to find and there are plans for that all over the forum and wiki.

the area AOS subjects you don't have filled in (History and Systems of Pysch, Research Meyhods, and Developmental Psych) and many psych elective courses can be completed through Study.com, but they'll all come in LL so make sure you have all the UL you need. You should get the free Study.com Guardian scholarship if you plan on doing study.com.

Here's some other options from my wiki plan, but it's slightly outdated because the Study.com stuff recently was downgraded to LL and there are new courses I haven't added yet. Plus they don't let you waive the extra Soc Psych credits anymore (but the way you have it on your plan now should work fine).

http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/JSD%27...1st,_2015)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Okay, i'm done with Business law and i'm working on Org. behavior and introduction to communication right now. I think i'm done with all my general education credits (Besides English comp 1 and 2, which I will do on Study.com)
Any suggestions for courses at SL? That would work in both a BALS and a BSBA and preferably one where I have passed the course before the final exam. (Not required though)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,546 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,193 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,809 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 3,017 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 5,512 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 3,021 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,697 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 2,186 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,614 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,990 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero