Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help finding a school and degree plan
Ok, I applied to TESU. I am still unfamiliar with how it works.

Apply, then wait for them to contact me, then send transcripts, then enroll in TECEP?

Do I need to specifically tell them I'm going to work on SDC classes and Sophia and want to complete the degree in one term?

Meanwhile, I'm working on the Google Data Analytics Certificate. I'm almost done!
(09-30-2022, 03:44 PM)bleedingpurple Wrote: Ok, I applied to TESU. I am still unfamiliar with how it works.

Apply, then wait for them to contact me, then send transcripts, then enroll in TECEP?

Do I need to specifically tell them I'm going to work on SDC classes and Sophia and want to complete the degree in one term?

Meanwhile, I'm working on the Google Data Analytics Certificate. I'm almost done!

Go ahead and send transcripts now, and enroll in the TECEP once you get your account/login info.

You don't need to tell them anything; just continue doing your plan, and continue sending in transcripts regularly.  With both Sophia and Study.com, you can request that they send transcripts to them directly, after each course if you want; it's free for both I think.

Then, when you get ready to register for your final term (where you'll take the cornerstone, capstone, and whatever other courses you want), you'll already know exactly where everything has come in, you'll have had a chance to ask them to move things if need be, and you'll be set.

You won't ever have to talk to anyone there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-24-2022, 04:44 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Cool! You did the addendum and template; this is what I propose. You should go for all the non-proctored courses I am starting you off with:  Invest in a second monitor, start working on non-proctored courses from Sophia.  Link: Sophia.org Equivalency List

1) Sign up for Sophia.org, it's $99/month, I suggest trying to complete all of these and more within two months.  Complete the courses that transfer to institutions of your choice, it's all non-proctored, use the second monitor to review the e-books/pdf files.

2) Sign up for CSM Learn, https://www.smilabs.org/products/csmcourse
Wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/CSM_Learn
3) Sign up for (TADA) The American Dream Academy and complete all their offerings (ones for ACE credit, it's for the cert/experience/knowledge) Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

2 months Sophia.org: $99+$99
CSM Learn: $39
FREE TADA/Coursera - again, only work on ACE TADA options
FREE CLEP/ModernStates.org - if you need any courses to transfer
Subtotal: $237 (Amazingly affordable, a years worth of credits right there!)

1) Do the Pierpont BOG AAS with a minor of your choice, it can be Info Systems or something, the cost is just transcripts.
2) Take all the ACE recommended credit from Coursera/TADA, these will be used for both Pierpont and SNHU/TESU/UMPI/WGU requirements
Steps to get the BOG AAS on WIKI: Pierpont C&TC | Work on the ones that are TADA only: Coursera

3) After you have finished the Pierpont BOG AAS with emphasis and the Coursera/TADA certs for ACE credit, apply to SNHU/TESU/UMPI/WGU.
-Make sure to complete the Sophia.org courses such as Spanish I and also Study.com courses that go towards UMPI.
-When applying to UMPI, add the AALS as a second program (and forget the AALS).

At the end of the day, it's up to you to decide if the Pierpont BOG AAS with emphasis is worth the ROI/Value, I know both are.
They are well worth it as you get the AALS free without doing any extra work, and the BOG AAS for the cost of transcripts.

When you're done with these in a few months, update me and your final batch of courses will be through Study.com - Although not free, these will be $200/month for 2 courses, and for extra exams a month, $70/each.  To finish off the degrees, your last requirements are the residency courses from the institution you decide to go with.

*Side note* I always recommend 3 things, Certs, Degree, Experience. I suggest UMPI BLS MIS over SNHU/TESU/WGU, but just in case, you should decide after you complete your Sophia, CSM, TADA ACE credits.  Here's an example UMPI BLS spreadsheet with a triple minor: 300/400 level
Is there a list of all non proctored classes? How do you find which classes are not proctored?
Sophia is not proctored. Coursera certs are not proctored. LawShelf isn't video proctored. For alt credits, that's it. The end. Everything else is proctored. Davar allows you to find a local proctor, if that makes you feel more comfortable, but there is still proctoring.

Oh, CSM Learn has a similar proctor to LawShelf. It's not a video proctor.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-01-2022, 07:34 AM)awaters5080 Wrote: Is there a list of all non proctored classes? How do you find which classes are not proctored?

@awaters5080, the post you quoted, I mentioned twice that each of the providers I am starting the person on are non proctored, so everything in that list. CSM, Sophia.org, Coursera/TADA... CLEP/ModernStates have proctoring... You're not looking for specific courses from any of these providers as it's the entire system, meaning all their courses aren't proctored.

(10-01-2022, 08:12 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Sophia is not proctored. Coursera certs are not proctored. LawShelf isn't video proctored. For alt credits, that's it. The end. Everything else is proctored. Davar allows you to find a local proctor, if that makes you feel more comfortable, but there is still proctoring.

@awaters5080, to be brief yet clear, technically CSM, Sophia.org, Coursera/TADA actually does have a tracking system by using various Biometric and Technical systems, either by IP tracking, typing confirmation or voice recognition, but the best part is, they don't use a video cam to record you! So, for LawShelf or another that just requires you to confirm you're still there... you can reply back by saying "Yes, I am still here" or whatever you want.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-01-2022, 08:12 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Sophia is not proctored. Coursera certs are not proctored. LawShelf isn't video proctored. For alt credits, that's it. The end. Everything else is proctored. Davar allows you to find a local proctor, if that makes you feel more comfortable, but there is still proctoring.

I think ALEKS math is also unproctored?
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
ALEKS uses the Respondus Lockdown Browser. I've never been able to get a definitive answer as to whether it's the version with camera proctoring or not. Since you're not supposed to use a calculator in specific sections, I suspect that they take video.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(10-02-2022, 05:43 AM)rachel83az Wrote: ALEKS uses the Respondus Lockdown Browser. I've never been able to get a definitive answer as to whether it's the version with camera proctoring or not. Since you're not supposed to use a calculator in specific sections, I suspect that they take video.

I took ALEKS back in the day, and it was completely unproctored.  So the Lockdown Browser is new (ish).  They also have their own calculator, so you don't really need to use a different one.
Not everyone can do math in their heads. Or even quickly with pencil & paper (if allowed). The calculator isn't available for every problem, so that could be an issue for some students.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(10-02-2022, 02:00 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Not everyone can do math in their heads. Or even quickly with pencil & paper (if allowed). The calculator isn't available for every problem, so that could be an issue for some students.

I don't remember having to do anything quickly.  Did they add a time-limit to the final exam?  Because if not, then you don't have to do problems on paper quickly, you just need to be able to do them (which you need to know anyway to pass the course).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  International Student UMPI Admission process and Degree Plan pedroso91 4 111 11 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pursuing CS Degree at 33 - starting from 0 MrPokey 14 817 10-25-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 15 1,267 10-24-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  UoPeople to UMPI - Seeking Advice on Completing Bachelor’s Degree Robotik 3 214 10-21-2024, 12:50 PM
  Degree plan advice - Impossible to realize hakjack 9 489 10-20-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 13 935 10-20-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  My UMPI accounting plan - tear it apart please drpaf 5 286 10-18-2024, 01:08 PM
  Please help for degree planning zyczycccc 5 360 10-17-2024, 04:04 PM
Last Post: zyczycccc
  Breaking Into Sales - Help With Getting a Bachelor’s Degree (Most Likely Business Adm AccountingForThis 8 356 10-17-2024, 01:15 PM
  Please help for degree planning Rabbitbunny 7 363 10-15-2024, 07:50 PM