Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grad options - New Charter University?
they used to be called Andrew Jackson

not regionally accredited (r/a)

they have national accreditation with DETC

for one not picky on r/a for the grad level.

does anyone have experience with this school or recommend another like this

their tuition is tempting

Master of Business Administration – Health Care Management - New Charter University
I would also suggest: Online Degree Programs - California Coast University
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I'd take a hard look at Western Governors self paced MBA/Healthcare Indiana Healthcare MBA Program | Indiana Online Degree | WGU Indiana Business College They are Regionally accredited. Self paced, very affordable.

It's not that I'm picky, it's that future potential employers might be. The cost isn't so much better that I would choose it over an RA alternative. I'm aware that some employers don't care, I understand government and the military dont mind NA...but I might want to take my MBA somewhere else later on.

Back to your question....didn't one of the NA MBA's have a special deal going on for awhile? You could bang out so many credits free or really cheap and the College would transcribe them for a big portion of the degree? I forget which one it was.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I would be really careful choosing your master's program unless you know exactly what your career path and future employers will require. An MBA is a ton of work RA or not and while it may be personally enriching even without full accreditation, my field is too competitive to risk it. I figured that since my undergrad is very non-traditional, I wanted to find at least a moderately well-known program for the MBA. Of course, my grad school is still not very popular outside of my home state, but I just don't want to ever have to explain why both my undergrad and my grad are different than the norm.

However, like everything YMMV and it's important to take into account all factors that you're aware of presently along with future possibilities. It might not be worth the savings if you're getting turned down for jobs, or crossing your fingers and changing the subject every time the subject of education is brought up. I never used to talk about education at work (because my BS wasn't completed) but now I realize how many discussions go on about schools and I don't avoid them any more. It's nice being able to talk about my MBA because I really don't generally want to discuss the undergrad.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
i appreciate the info.

Western Governors grad program .. seems like a good deal.

Tuition and Fees

Basic Tuition: $3,250 per six-month term
Resource Fee: $145 per six-month term (non-refundable)
Application Fee: $65 (one time)

rebel100 Wrote:I'd take a hard look at Western Governors self paced MBA/Healthcare Indiana Healthcare MBA Program | Indiana Online Degree | WGU Indiana Business College They are Regionally accredited. Self paced, very affordable.

It's not that I'm picky, it's that future potential employers might be. The cost isn't so much better that I would choose it over an RA alternative. I'm aware that some employers don't care, I understand government and the military dont mind NA...but I might want to take my MBA somewhere else later on.

Back to your question....didn't one of the NA MBA's have a special deal going on for awhile? You could bang out so many credits free or really cheap and the College would transcribe them for a big portion of the degree? I forget which one it was.
getting there
The App fee for WGU can be waived if you get a referral from a current student.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Options for Texas Government? westex93 6 129 17 minutes ago
Last Post: westex93
  Perdoceo to acquire University of St. Augustine... bjcheung77 1 202 09-17-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 58 11,591 09-16-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: wow
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 17 2,847 09-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  University of The Cumberlands Mrsmiracle90 3 354 09-12-2024, 08:47 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,640 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  University of Lynchburg Transformation Charles Fout 8 792 08-01-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 436 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  UNED Spanish online university Avidreader 5 765 07-03-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: inor
  Talk to me about California Coast University Vle045 16 9,343 06-25-2024, 08:19 PM