Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRE tests for Bachelors credit?
I'm very confused seeing some people mention they're taking GRE exams for credit toward a Bachelor's degree ??

I thought GREs were to get into grad school ?

Is it a certain college out of the big 3 that accepts GRE's for bachelor's credits ??

Very confused. Sad
margotsara, you can use the GRE subject exams to test out of the major requirement at Excelsior College. So they will give up to 33 credits depending on your score. COSC has a different policy awarding less credits and TESC does not award any at all for GRE subject exams. Empire State awards up to 36, I believe. I plan on using the GRE Mathematics exam at Excelsior college so I need to score at least 87% percentile (i think) in order to receive the 33 credits required for that major.
Really?

No, really?

http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...tests.html Amazing what kind of information is Stickied around here.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
And they just keep coming...
Set yourself goals, not limitations
Hey guys, be nice to the newbies!

I've noticed that we have a new batch, and they have been fun to watch as they make new discoveries. Last week, they were excited about ALEKS, then FEMA, and now GREs. This happens to be one of my favorite subjects!

They will learn about all of it and share what they know with the next group.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
NAP Wrote:Hey guys, be nice to the newbies!

I've noticed that we have a new batch, and they have been fun to watch as they make new discoveries. Last week, they were excited about ALEKS, then FEMA, and now GREs. This happens to be one of my favorite subjects!

:iagree:
I remember, I was just there myself...I found this site Nov '09 (now toddling along) and have already completed my associates and on track to complete bachelors end July. I am so thankful to this site and am equally grateful in giving back!! You guys and IC rock!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
NAP Wrote:Hey guys, be nice to the newbies!

Still though, it's kinda sad when there's a Sticky post right at the top of this forum that says 'Exam Resources (newbies READ this) (And before asking a question, USE SEARCH FEATURE)'. as well as a thorough amount of information on the question asked itself in another sticky (True, it does happen to be in a different subforum, so I get that it might be too much of an inconvenience to go looking for...:leaving: )
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
I realize that we end up repeating ourselves a lot. WB.John is an excellent example of a new member sharing what he has learned from other members.

The sad thing to me is when someone who could use the info does not find out about it. Someone recently wrote on this forum that they took all of the Psych exams and had not known about the GRE option. That is likely the majority of college students. Since I know some "secrets", I think I should tell as many people as I can.

Plus, there were several things (like DANTES) that I read about on this forum at least 100 times before it dawned on me that the info applied to me, too.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 174,083 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 288 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,987 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 75 12,965 08-12-2024, 03:39 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Quickest/Most inexpensive credit banking? Calstar 10 2,060 07-10-2024, 09:36 PM
  CPA prep course + 30 hours of Accounting credit for $2,970 freeloader 6 777 05-31-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,321 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 653 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 3,048 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 441 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM