Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is
Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) is now worth ACE credit, though I don't think it would usable at any college:

Level: Vocational-Certificate
Credits (SH): 2
Subject: Introduction to Cybersecurity

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • origamishuttle
(03-20-2023, 01:22 AM)MNomadic Wrote: Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) is now worth ACE credit, though I don't think it would usable at any college:

Yes, this is similar to InstantCert Spanish:

Level: Vocational-Certificate
Credits (SH): 3
Subject: Spanish language

Spanish I (acenet.edu)
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
I just scheduled my exam for Saturday
(05-11-2023, 06:30 PM)lisarox Wrote: I just scheduled my exam for Saturday

Nice, good luck!

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
Bumping this up, as it still should be working, a freebie for exam and/or training! (Read below).

Take the first step to a rewarding career with Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) from ISC2, the world’s leading cybersecurity professional organization known for the CISSP. You don’t need experience — just the passion and drive to enter a field that opens limitless opportunities around the globe.

FREE Cybersecurity Training and Exam! Now for a Limited Time

As part of our commitment to help close the cybersecurity workforce gap, our new global initiative, One Million Certified in Cybersecurity, is providing free CC online self-paced training and exams to one million people around the world.

Note: $50 membership fee to claim the certification.
Link: https://www.isc2.org/certifications/cc

Just to make sure everyone understands, this is exactly as mentioned in the original post - FREE Cybersecurity Training and Exam! Now for a Limited Time. So... For those starting out, this may work for you. It does cost $50 for the certification or membership, but do you need it? Yes - pay for it, no - so, skip it!

Basically, members can't and shouldn't expect to have everything FREE, businesses and people need to make money on their end as well. Essentially... You are getting free training and an exam for practice, if you need the cert/membership, get it for $50, if not, skip that step and go your merry way!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Chimera, Messdiener
(04-10-2024, 07:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Bumping this up, as it still should be working, a freebie for exam and/or training! (Read below).

Take the first step to a rewarding career with Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) from ISC2, the world’s leading cybersecurity professional organization known for the CISSP. You don’t need experience — just the passion and drive to enter a field that opens limitless opportunities around the globe.

FREE Cybersecurity Training and Exam! Now for a Limited Time

As part of our commitment to help close the cybersecurity workforce gap, our new global initiative, One Million Certified in Cybersecurity, is providing free CC online self-paced training and exams to one million people around the world.

Note: $50 membership fee to claim the certification.
Link: https://www.isc2.org/certifications/cc

Just to make sure everyone understands, this is exactly as mentioned in the original post - FREE Cybersecurity Training and Exam! Now for a Limited Time. So... For those starting out, this may work for you. It does cost $50 for the certification or membership, but do you need it? Yes - pay for it, no - so, skip it!

Basically, members can't and shouldn't expect to have everything FREE, businesses and people need to make money on their end as well. Essentially... You are getting free training and an exam for practice, if you need the cert/membership, get it for $50, if not, skip that step and go your merry way!

!
Degree:
Pierpont - BOG Information Systems
Certs:
TEEX - Cybersecurity
Google - IT/Marketing
Edx - Digital Asset Management/Workplace Diversity
Uni of SC - Leadership in Hospitality
Credits:
Sophia/Saylor/Coursera/CSM/ASU/TEEX
So if someone were starting at the absolute bottom with no prior knowledge, this cert would be a good first step? Seems like an amazing opportunity. Thank you
indigoshuffle Wrote:So if someone were starting at the absolute bottom with no prior knowledge, this cert would be a good first step? Seems like an amazing opportunity. Thank you

Yes, this would work for that purpose, to get the individual interested in the subject matter and give them a good introduction. They can then build up to the cheapies/freebies mentioned on the WIKI, such as TEEX Cybersecurity certs, Coursera/Google IT & Cybersecurity certs, along with the EdX Professional Certificates.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
This certification is not worth an annual $50 fee. LOL. I paid once, and I decided not to renew my membership. You can go through the study materials for free, but there are a bunch of places that offer introductory cybersecurity training for free. I have several CompTIA certifications and an EC Council certification, so keeping the CC was pointless.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(04-12-2024, 07:49 PM)indigoshuffle Wrote: So if someone were starting at the absolute bottom with no prior knowledge, this cert would be a good first step? Seems like an amazing opportunity. Thank you

Yes. It's perfect for someone with minimal/no IT/cybersecurity experience/knowledge.

(04-13-2024, 03:50 AM)sanantone Wrote: This certification is not worth an annual $50 fee. LOL. I paid once, and I decided not to renew my membership. You can go through the study materials for free, but there are a bunch of places that offer introductory cybersecurity training for free. I have several CompTIA certifications and an EC Council certification, so keeping the CC was pointless.

I agree, this cert alone wouldn't be worth it for someone who already has different certs/experience. Mine is still active because I passed CISSP and CCSP afterwards.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free ASL class from Oklahoma school for the deaf Avidreader 0 73 Yesterday, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  FREE on-site only IT certs at Stanly Community College, NC 8th October BritStudent 0 177 09-05-2024, 03:00 AM
Last Post: BritStudent
  University of Tuebingen free, credit-bearing online synchronous courses Robson 8 737 08-25-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: wow
  Limited Time - Free UoPeople First Degree (associate or bachelor) TINASAM 7 705 08-23-2024, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free/cheaper undergaduate on line degree program Lucadido 7 648 08-22-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: artem
  Free Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt at USF billalsobrook 14 3,361 08-14-2024, 05:33 AM
Last Post: dharshanxx24
  Free professional certificates at Rasmussen Vle045 46 9,078 08-08-2024, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Free course in English "International Diploma in Data, Surveillance and Democracy" Avidreader 3 513 08-03-2024, 09:19 PM
Last Post: wow
  Low cost MBA Top up - $850 UK Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership OtterDen 8 2,811 08-01-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 16 3,454 07-29-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: cro-magnon