Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free College Credit from TEEX!
Silly_Me Wrote:Ok... Maybe I'm misunderstanding. On the Biology degree plan, it looks like I get 17-20 General Education Electives (General Education Requirements/ Section E). These electives are listed separately from the Biology electives (UL). It was my assumption that these electives could be literally anything - including those 6 free credits for the Cybersecurity course. Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks for the help!

Bachelor's Degree in Biology at Thomas Edison State University

jsd Wrote:No, gen ed electives need to be credits that would fit into other general ed categories, unfortunately.

Exactly, and it was mentioned in my reply message. Silly_Me, the link in my previous message gives you what TESU rates as General Education.

Difference: Free elective - anything accepted for credit (no FEMA). Gen Ed Elective - Thomas Edison State University | General Education - 2016 or After
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Exactly, and it was mentioned in my reply message. Silly_Me, the link in my previous message gives you what TESU rates as General Education.

Difference: Free elective - anything accepted for credit (no FEMA). Gen Ed Elective - Thomas Edison State University | General Education - 2016 or After

Ugh. Ok. Thanks for clearing that up before I wasted my time on the course! I appreciate it, guys. Smile
Just completed Information Security for Everyone this morning trying to figure out which other ones to do from here.
Collegelady2 Wrote:Just completed Information Security for Everyone this morning trying to figure out which other ones to do from here.

https://teex.org/Pages/Program.aspx?catI...ersecurity
Do the 101, 201, 301 courses from there. Make sure you do each available module from each course. One has 4 mods and the other two have 3 mods each.
I am new and thought I would start off with some of the free credits. I took the TEEX courses and the Institutes Ethics course. Here is how they are transferring in the TESU BALS plan.

2: Liberal Studies
A: Upper Level
PHI-384 Ethics & Business Professional 2 credits
CIS-344 Computer Security 2 credits
4: Electives
CAP-385 Network Security 2 credits
CAP-295 Intro to Security Basics 2 credits

It is a good way to get a few upper level credits and electives for free. I have read that others have had the Ethics course transfer in the ethics requirement as three credits. Not here. I am in the middle of a Maymester term at UNT for Business Ethics in Society. I assume this will duplicate and cause the Institutes course to be thrown in the garbage. I am a little late to the game and didn't realize how much time, money, and energy that I have been wasting attending other schools. I may try applying at Excelsior after my summer commitments and see how everything transfers. I believe a few courses are allowed to duplicate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shall's post:
  • triforce828
shall Wrote:I am new and thought I would start off with some of the free credits. I took the TEEX courses and the Institutes Ethics course. Here is how they are transferring in the TESU BALS plan.

2: Liberal Studies
A: Upper Level
PHI-384 Ethics & Business Professional 2 credits
CIS-344 Computer Security 2 credits
4: Electives
CAP-385 Network Security 2 credits
CAP-295 Intro to Security Basics 2 credits

It is a good way to get a few upper level credits and electives for free. I have read that others have had the Ethics course transfer in the ethics requirement as three credits. Not here. I am in the middle of a Maymester term at UNT for Business Ethics in Society. I assume this will duplicate and cause the Institutes course to be thrown in the garbage. I am a little late to the game and didn't realize how much time, money, and energy that I have been wasting attending other schools. I may try applying at Excelsior after my summer commitments and see how everything transfers. I believe a few courses are allowed to duplicate.

Yep, all of these are exactly as we knew they were. The Ethics course has always been 2cr, the only thing is that TESU waives the 1cr and you have to make up for it in the Gen Ed Electives area.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
These sure seem to take forever 3 down 7 to go!
Just finished this today! Took about 2 hours

How do I request this to ACE? Do I go into ACE and search it from there? Similar to ALEKS?
Iamtehking Wrote:Just finished this today! Took about 2 hours

How do I request this to ACE? Do I go into ACE and search it from there? Similar to ALEKS?

Yeah it's like requesting ALEKS credit.

Iamtehking Wrote:Just finished this today! Took about 2 hours

Anything you want to get onto your ACE account is done the same way.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 61 12,162 Yesterday, 08:26 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  2025 - College Rankings, 5 ups and 5 downs bjcheung77 0 88 09-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  free certificates in China lilyuzimu 2 196 09-24-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: wow
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 173,544 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,795 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 392 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 265 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,954 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,101 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 314 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong