Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Framed UMPI Diploma
(07-18-2023, 09:11 AM)tsgreer Wrote: Also, I wanna add, I'll still complain a bit about the look of the degree and fonts. Smile Love the frame, for sure.

But as a professional graphic designer for 20 years, I gotta say, the font selection on the actual degree is terrible. And the curved text. It really does give it the appearance that it was designed in Microsoft Word.

The frame def makes it all look better tho! And it's still something to be proud of. Good choice, OP!

Agreed, the word art shadow on the font kills me lol.  That said it does look quite good in the frame.  Hopefully UMPI will update it in the future and everyone can get a fresh copy.
[-] The following 2 users Like joshua27's post:
  • HeatherCO, tsgreer
(07-16-2023, 12:04 PM)joshua27 Wrote: For everyone complaining about the appearance of the UMPI diplomas, stop.  I was among your ranks but honestly, after getting my diploma framed up in the frame that I purchased off the UMPI Spirit Store, it looks pretty damn good.  I still think the font utilized for the University name should have been in Olde English lettering but it sort of fits the theme once it is in the frame.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

[Image: DmowM5P.jpg]
Are minors printed on the diploma??? Where‘s the major on this diploma???
Oktoberfest Wrote:Are minors printed on the diploma??? Where‘s the major on this diploma???

What is missing? I am confused, you have the screenshot in your post. If you read the screenshot, the concentration is what doesn't show... BA (degree) Business Admin (major), Minor MIS. If it was me, I would have recommended them to leave all other concentration/minors out of it... too cluttered if someone has two minors or the triple minor I usually recommend. The main thing is the BA BA, that's it... leave the concentration and minors within the transcript if they need reference to that.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
My diploma does not list the concentrations (project management and information systems)

Attached Files
.jpeg   IMG_6019.jpeg (Size: 71.44 KB / Downloads: 115)
[-] The following 2 users Like Baezbug's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pikachu
I love it when the school name has color on the diploma. It livens it up and makes the whole diploma look more balanced. I also much prefer the curved alignment better than a straight alignment. I think it looks great even without the frame, but the frame really does elevate it to a top tier presentation.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

@Baezbug, Looks pretty good with a nice frame, great work in getting that degree!

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • HeatherCO
bjcheung77@Baezbug, Looks pretty good with a nice frame, great work in getting that degree!
Thank you! And thanks to this amazing forum!
(11-12-2023, 05:12 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Oktoberfest Wrote:Are minors printed on the diploma??? Where‘s the major on this diploma???

What is missing?  I am confused, you have the screenshot in your post.  If you read the screenshot, the concentration is what doesn't show...  BA (degree) Business Admin (major), Minor MIS.  If it was me, I would have recommended them to leave all other concentration/minors out of it... too cluttered if someone has two minors or the triple minor I usually recommend.  The main thing is the BA BA, that's it... leave the concentration and minors within the transcript if they need reference to that.
Well I‘d miss the Major concentration but it seems minirs are printed and major not. A few days ago you recommended a double major over a major and two minors in my thread. So I assume my double minor would get printed?

I have found this:

http://catalog.umpi.edu/content.php?cato...ble-majors

So if I understand correctly what Bazbug said:
„ My diploma does not list the concentrations (project management and information systems.“

Double majors still not printed on diploma??

Weird!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oktoberfest's post:
  • origamishuttle
A double major would be something like BA Accounting & BA Business Admin. Technically, it should show up, I've not seen anyone here do a double major and report back how it looks... They allow this, but again, it doesn't really matter what is printed, it matters on the transcripts as other institutions look at that for entry requirements and your record. When looking at a diploma farther away, that detail isn't really noticeable...

(11-13-2023, 04:30 AM)Oktoberfest Wrote: Well I‘d miss the Major concentration but it seems minirs are printed and major not. A few days ago you recommended a double major over a major and two minors in my thread. So I assume my double minor would get printed?

I have found this:

http://catalog.umpi.edu/content.php?cato...ble-majors

So if I understand correctly what Bazbug said:
„ My diploma does not list the concentrations (project management and information systems.“

Double majors still not printed on diploma??

Weird!

Majors and Concentrations are not the same thing. With the BABA, Business Administration is the Major. Then you also have a Concentration. Mine is Marketing. My BABA does NOT list the Concentration. My BLS DOES list my Minors. For the BLS, the Major is Liberal Studies.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI----AA----ETC???? midnite123 2 97 3 hours ago
Last Post: midnite123
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 8 404 10-19-2024, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Patchouli_Skoal
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 8 543 10-18-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: radicallena
  UMPI Admission Requirements/Plan. svnkid 5 255 10-17-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: svnkid
  New UMPI Academic Catalog 2024-2025 turbotortuga 14 1,650 10-17-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 4,826 10-16-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 128 97,122 10-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Konny08
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,321 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  Question regarding UMPI BAS to MAOL Hackingat40 5 453 10-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI GPA Question joshua27 8 2,298 09-28-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ss20ts