Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Framed UMPI Diploma
For everyone complaining about the appearance of the UMPI diplomas, stop.  I was among your ranks but honestly, after getting my diploma framed up in the frame that I purchased off the UMPI Spirit Store, it looks pretty damn good.  I still think the font utilized for the University name should have been in Olde English lettering but it sort of fits the theme once it is in the frame.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

[Image: DmowM5P.jpg]
I like the look of the UMPI diplomas and that frame is awesome!
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • HeatherCO, RachelB
(07-16-2023, 12:38 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I like the look of the UMPI diplomas and that frame is awesome!

Exactly, the new WordArt fonts don't look all that bad after all...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I love that they used Old English font for the name, it looks great with the frame. Congratulations.
Completed Degree(s):

University of Maine at Presque Isle
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
magna cum laude
August 25th, 2023

Eastern University
Master of Business Administration
August 31st, 2024
[-] The following 1 user Likes klone's post:
  • origamishuttle
I agree that it looks very nice. The blue UMPI at the top of the degree balances nicely with the blue emblem on the bottom. Congratulations!

(07-16-2023, 12:04 PM)joshua27 Wrote: I still think the font utilized for the University name should have been in Olde English lettering but it sort of fits the theme once it is in the frame.

Well, the frame's matte does have the university name in Olde English lettering, so when it's in the frame, you can have it both ways.  Wink  Interesting that the graduate's name is in italic Olde English.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
(07-16-2023, 05:11 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: I agree that it looks very nice. The blue UMPI at the top of the degree balances nicely with the blue emblem on the bottom. Congratulations!

(07-16-2023, 12:04 PM)joshua27 Wrote: I still think the font utilized for the University name should have been in Olde English lettering but it sort of fits the theme once it is in the frame.

Well, the frame's matte does have the university name in Olde English lettering, so when it's in the frame, you can have it both ways.  Wink  Interesting that the graduate's name is in italic Olde English.

I found that sort of odd that all of the writing on the diploma is in Italics.  It looks nice but its an odd choice.

Overall with the frame from the UMPI store it balances out really nicely for display purposes.  I don't it would look this nice if it was in a regular frame from Hobby Lobby.
[-] The following 1 user Likes joshua27's post:
  • origamishuttle
Beautiful frame!!! I just got my UMPI BA and MA framed to match my doctorate! I gotta get a photo of them too!
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Cocolisa1, HeatherCO, rachel83az
it looks great when put all all together. congratulations again!
Also, I wanna add, I'll still complain a bit about the look of the degree and fonts. Smile Love the frame, for sure.

But as a professional graphic designer for 20 years, I gotta say, the font selection on the actual degree is terrible. And the curved text. It really does give it the appearance that it was designed in Microsoft Word.

The frame def makes it all look better tho! And it's still something to be proud of. Good choice, OP!
Goal 1: University of Maine at Presque Isle | B.A., Business Admin - Marketing (in progress)
Goal 2: Brigham Young University - Pathway Worldwide | Web Development Cert (in progress)
Goal 3: Brigham Young University - Idaho | B.S., Software Development

Completed:
Pierpont Community and Technical College | A.A.S., BoG - Business Emphasis (2023)
Carrington College | Professional Diploma, Graphic Design
Hmm, I guess it would actually look better if it used the same fonts as the one on the frame... oh well...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI----AA----ETC???? midnite123 2 99 3 hours ago
Last Post: midnite123
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 8 404 10-19-2024, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Patchouli_Skoal
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 8 543 10-18-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: radicallena
  UMPI Admission Requirements/Plan. svnkid 5 255 10-17-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: svnkid
  New UMPI Academic Catalog 2024-2025 turbotortuga 14 1,650 10-17-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 4,826 10-16-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 128 97,122 10-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Konny08
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,321 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  Question regarding UMPI BAS to MAOL Hackingat40 5 453 10-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI GPA Question joshua27 8 2,298 09-28-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ss20ts