Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished the BLS - Management
Hey everyone,

I'm about all wrapped up here for the BLS - Management at UMPI. I knocked out 16 classes for my first term here. I've been stalking Degree Forum for about a year now and it was all thanks to you guys! I have done 92 credits from Sophia, 12 credits from Straighterline, 15 credits at WGU (just didn't like it) and 90 credits at my local community college (knocked out 4 degrees from there with the help of Sophia by adding 30 from it).

I never thought I'd get a bachelors and I am ecstatic about it! I'm going to be enrolling again to do a BLS - History because im only a few classes shy. I also added on the free A.A. L.S. as well. I'm stoked!
Thomas Edison State University
2026: Doctor of Bus. Adm
Universidad Isabel I
2023: M.B.A.
2023: Master in Business/Corporate Comm
William Patterson University
2024: M.Ed - Educational Leadership
UMPI:
2024: M.A.O.L.
2024: BABA - PM/IM
2023: B.A. - History & Political Science
2023: B.L.S. - Management
2023: A.A. - Liberal Studies
Rowan College of South Jersey:
2022: A.A. A.S. - Sociology
2023: A.A. A.S. - History
2023: A.A. A.S. - Philosophy
2023: A.A. A.S. - Psychology
[-] The following 2 users Like Mint Berry Crunch's post:
  • allvia, ss20ts
(08-23-2023, 03:13 AM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote: I never thought I'd get a bachelors and I am ecstatic about it! I'm going to be enrolling again to do a BLS - History because im only a few classes shy. I also added on the free A.A. L.S. as well. I'm stoked!

Just wondering how they're allowing that, I always thought you can only do one BLS degree and they don't allow the BLS to be a second degree. Are they making it a BLS double minor in History & Management? So that means, you'll get the AALS and the BLS, double minor at the same graduation cycle?
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-23-2023, 04:02 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 03:13 AM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote: I never thought I'd get a bachelors and I am ecstatic about it! I'm going to be enrolling again to do a BLS - History because im only a few classes shy. I also added on the free A.A. L.S. as well. I'm stoked!

Just wondering how they're allowing that, I always thought you can only do one BLS degree and they don't allow the BLS to be a second degree.  Are they making it a BLS double minor in History & Management?  So that means, you'll get the AALS and the BLS, double minor at the same graduation cycle?

@Mint Berry Crunch - you said you are near complete, are you adding this second minor to the BLS before you gradaute with the BLS-Management? Meaning you will have a single BLS with dual minors of Management and History, or are you going back for a 'BA History & Political Science' (2nd degree)?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Congratulations!!! Feels good doesn’t it!?
UMPI: Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science 
(08-23-2023, 07:18 AM)allvia Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 03:13 AM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote: I never thought I'd get a bachelors and I am ecstatic about it! I'm going to be enrolling again to do a BLS - History because im only a few classes shy. I also added on the free A.A. L.S. as well. I'm stoked!

Just wondering how they're allowing that, I always thought you can only do one BLS degree and they don't allow the BLS to be a second degree.  Are they making it a BLS double minor in History & Management?  So that means, you'll get the AALS and the BLS, double minor at the same graduation cycle?

@Mint Berry Crunch - you said you are near complete, are you adding this second minor to the BLS before you gradaute with the BLS-Management? Meaning you will have a single BLS with dual minors of Management and History, or are you going back for a 'BA History & Political Science' (2nd degree)?

@allvia, That's what I was thinking, a double minor for the BLS degree.
Oh, Mint Berry Crunch, congrats on almost getting there, great job, wow...
I also noticed you've got a few Associates, awesome work on maximizing those credits!

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • allvia

It is possible. Since a BLS is considered a terminal degree, you have to wait for a conferral date to start another. Because it can take 4-8 weeks to do that, you have to basically skip a semester. So since I did the BLS - Management in Summer II, I'll have to miss Fall I for the conferral, then do Fall II. 

To my understanding, each BLS done in a separate semester constitutes a separate minor when speaking with Jessica.
Universidad Isabel I
UMPI:
(08-23-2023, 07:38 PM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote:

It is possible. Since a BLS is considered a terminal degree, you have to wait for a conferral date to start another. Because it can take 4-8 weeks to do that, you have to basically skip a semester. So since I did the BLS - Management in Summer II, I'll have to miss Fall I for the conferral, then do Fall II. 

To my understanding, each BLS done in a separate semester constitutes a separate minor when speaking with Jessica.
I think what they are getting at is the UMPI Academic Policy which states that you cannot obtain 2 BLS or BAS degrees. So you are going to have to declare an actual major and complete the entire degree program for that versus another BLS degree with an attached minor. So if you want to History as a second baccalaureate degree, then you will have to complete that major including at least 30 semester hours of additional coursework to be awarded a second bachelors degree. This doesn't make sense for most people, so the majority simply move on to the graduate level and do a Master's degree instead of yet another bachelor's degree.
@Mint Berry Crunch, were you in a rush to get the first BLS Management? You could have tried to get the BLS double minor in History and Management instead. I don't know how they would allow a second BLS when they only allow one, I guess they're just trying to get extra students to stay enrolled in their Your Pace program. Are you planning to ladder to their UMPI MAOL degree later? Wow, look at that Associates degree list...

(08-23-2023, 08:05 PM)turbotortuga Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 07:38 PM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote:

I think what they are getting at is the UMPI Academic Policy which states that you cannot obtain 2 BLS or BAS degrees. So you are going to have to declare an actual major and complete the entire degree program for that versus another BLS degree with an attached minor. So if you want to History as a second baccalaureate degree, then you will have to complete that major including at least 30 semester hours of additional coursework to be awarded a second bachelors degree. This doesn't make sense for most people, so the majority simply move on to the graduate level and do a Master's degree instead of yet another bachelor's degree.

Great explanation! Only reason I'm doing it is because:

1. I have to wait for January to do the MAOL. I like to keep myself busy.

2. I love History! Since I can start the next BLS in History in October (Fall II) and because there is a winter break in between Fall II and the January semester, I would then be allowed to do the MAOL directly after according to Jessica. I only have to do 4 classes and I'll be awarded the History minor separately from the Management one.

I've been planning everything out. In the mean time, I'm going to work on some more associates degree before the MAOL starts.
Universidad Isabel I
UMPI:
(08-23-2023, 09:55 PM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote: Great explanation! Only reason I'm doing it is because:

1. I have to wait for January to do the MAOL. I like to keep myself busy.

2. I love History! Since I can start the next BLS in History in October (Fall II) and because there is a winter break in between Fall II and the January semester, I would then be allowed to do the MAOL directly after according to Jessica. I only have to do 4 classes and I'll be awarded the History minor separately from the Management one.

I've been planning everything out. In the mean time, I'm going to work on some more associates degree before the MAOL starts.

So it sounds like you're minoring in history and it will be a second minor not a completely second BLS. A second degree at UMPI requires 30 additional credits completed at UMPI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • allvia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decision time: BABA/Leadership vs BLS/Management Kjnova 88 5,785 09-08-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  BLS Minor in Management Plan mohelena02 5 373 08-25-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Project Management - STD credits or Google Certifications DavidGood 6 1,082 07-23-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: tdat314
  Job seeking with bls with management and project management minor bvndz 11 1,808 07-09-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  321 human resource management HappyPeanut 8 598 07-08-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Does Sophia's Project Management still come to UMPI as BUS 141? berlinerd 7 781 07-05-2024, 08:40 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 10 1,453 06-24-2024, 10:23 AM
  Finished MAOL! (Great experience!) larabell 32 5,727 06-01-2024, 11:18 AM
  Degreeplan advices of UMPI BBA Management & Leadership Concentration whereismyramen 8 809 05-07-2024, 08:00 PM
  BLS accounting Minor/ Management minor sippurpose 1 312 05-05-2024, 07:37 AM