Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished the BLS - Management
(08-23-2023, 08:18 AM)Jwheels27 Wrote: Congratulations!!! Feels good doesn’t it!?

It does! I'd like to get 4 bachelors from UMPI and their MAOL. I'm already at 50 credits, so I don't see why not. I got time to spend and the financial capabilities to fund it with its affordable pricing. I also plan on doing an M.Ed this upcoming year as well with a tuition waiver. I also have plans to do the M.A. in History at American Military University too. I'm working on beating Benjamin Bolger who is at 17 degrees in total. I suspect to do at least 8 in 1 years time by December. There is a possibility I can get 9 degrees done, but that will be a tough one. Most I could possibly do at UMPI this year is only 2 bachelors unfortunately. I kinda wanted to test and see how many was possible. I will say that I have impressed myself and that this is a huge academic achievement. The next 2 I want to do at UMPI will be the BLS in Social Studies and then their Philosophy minor. When I do the MAOL, that would 10. The previous 2 will make 12. The M.Ed and M.A. History will make 14. Then I can just use my waiver at another state school and knock out some associates. TESU is also eligible for my state tuition waiver and I can go to town on their degree programs (god bless).

(08-23-2023, 10:10 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 09:55 PM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote: Great explanation! Only reason I'm doing it is because:

1. I have to wait for January to do the MAOL. I like to keep myself busy.

2. I love History! Since I can start the next BLS in History in October (Fall II) and because there is a winter break in between Fall II and the January semester, I would then be allowed to do the MAOL directly after according to Jessica. I only have to do 4 classes and I'll be awarded the History minor separately from the Management one.

I've been planning everything out. In the mean time, I'm going to work on some more associates degree before the MAOL starts.

So it sounds like you're minoring in history and it will be a second minor not a completely second BLS. A second degree at UMPI requires 30 additional credits completed at UMPI.
I am at 50 credits. I only needed 30 credits to graduate (10 classes). I did extra classes (16 classes in total this semester). I only need to do 4 classes to put me at 62 credits. Since I have to wait for the conferral to begin the next BLS again (they make you skip a semester to make that happen since its a terminal degree), that will make it another separate BLS - that will not be a dual minor, just another BLS, singular minor. I would receive 1 BLS per semester completed due to the split. Each degree will show a separate minor, not 1 BLS with 2 minors. I did it on purpose.

(08-23-2023, 09:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Mint Berry Crunch, were you in a rush to get the first BLS Management? You could have tried to get the BLS double minor in History and Management instead.  I don't know how they would allow a second BLS when they only allow one, I guess they're just trying to get extra students to stay enrolled in their Your Pace program.  Are you planning to ladder to their UMPI MAOL degree later? Wow, look at that Associates degree list...

Haha, thank you. I acutally read your posts about how one can add the A.A. Liberal Studies to their Bachelors at UMPI. So I must say thank you for that. This was just in 1 years time. I earned the 2022: Sociology degree in December. I wanted to see how many degrees an individual could get in a year from December 2022 to December 2023. I feel certain I could set a record with a possibility of 9 in 1 year. I was doing 4 college degrees at once (not too hard if you work fast, understand the material, and know how to play the numbers game). Yes, I do plan on doing the MAOL. I think it is possible to do the MAOL in 1 term now. Shouldn't be as difficult now that they changed the amount of writing required in the path compared to how it was previously. I have a massive amount of respect for ashkir who wrote all those papers - YIKES that was a lot. The plan is at least a class a week, but I think that I can do more than that. People knock out WGU masters quickly too in short cycles as seen on Reddit. I just do degrees because its fun. I have a plan to earn much more now that I have a little bit of experience now. 

As for a rush? I wanted to see how fast I could do it (which took only 3 weeks to do 10 classes). After that I developed a game plan, read every policy at UMPI and reached out to the YourPace program to see about the possibilty of doing the BLS in History. I did 16 classes in total knowing that I basically helped my future self out by knocking out 6 out 10 classes (or 18/30 credits) for the BLS - History. All part of my plan. During that time I've been researching more and more colleges and how I can maxamize the most amount of degrees possible.
Thomas Edison State University
2026: Doctor of Bus. Adm
Universidad Isabel I
2023: M.B.A.
2023: Master in Business/Corporate Comm
William Patterson University
2024: M.Ed - Educational Leadership
UMPI:
2024: M.A.O.L.
2024: BABA - PM/IM
2023: B.A. - History & Political Science
2023: B.L.S. - Management
2023: A.A. - Liberal Studies
Rowan College of South Jersey:
2022: A.A. A.S. - Sociology
2023: A.A. A.S. - History
2023: A.A. A.S. - Philosophy
2023: A.A. A.S. - Psychology
When you're done the UMPI MAOL, and if you have the energy, money, time. You might want to be the only other person on the board to complete the ENEB degree offerings, 11 of them (just don't get it evaluated, I didn't bother with mine, it's just for learning or filling some knowledge gaps). But it'll be amazing to have 11 Masters/MBA in that one year, it took me 7.5 months for 3 as I was casually going at it...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-23-2023, 11:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: When you're done the UMPI MAOL, and if you have the energy, money, time.  You might want to be the only other person on the board to complete the ENEB degree offerings, 11 of them (just don't get it evaluated, I didn't bother with mine, it's just for learning or filling some knowledge gaps).  But it'll be amazing to have 11 Masters/MBA in that one year, it took me 7.5 months for 3 as I was casually going at it...

I have read quite a lot about the ENEB here on this site. Even after reading the explanation about it in its mega thread, it still confuses me. Its some kind of "own/personal title" and its recognized in Spain by businesses in one way and viewed as another by the government. I thought about doing it and read into the site, but its a bit confusing. 

Is it all done online? Is it a packet you receive in the mail, fill out, and send it? How many courses are there? My understanding is that it comes from Isabela I University which is the English counterpart, but I have no idea how the setup works. A $200 "degree" sounds palatable. Could you provide a TL;DR, ELI 5 version for my edification?
Universidad Isabel I
UMPI:
Why do 2 BLS and not just finish 1 with 2 minors? I was told a second BLS was not even possible. I've done 2 bachelor's degrees at UMPI and it was not an easy process.
(08-24-2023, 12:26 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Why do 2 BLS and not just finish 1 with 2 minors? I was told a second BLS was not even possible. I've done 2 bachelor's degrees at UMPI and it was not an easy process.

Just a preference and it aligns with my goals of quantity in the manner of degrees. I'm content with it.
Universidad Isabel I
UMPI:
(08-24-2023, 12:34 AM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 12:26 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Why do 2 BLS and not just finish 1 with 2 minors? I was told a second BLS was not even possible. I've done 2 bachelor's degrees at UMPI and it was not an easy process.

Just a preference and it aligns with my goals of quantity in the manner of degrees. I'm content with it.

I think that you are missing the point. You are not going to be able to declare a second BLS degree after the first is conferred. I just checked the UMPI Academic Policy and it's pretty clear about that. You may, however, declare a History/Poli Sci major as a second bachelorette degree, but that's going to be a few more courses than just four. Or I suppose a BABA degree with a History minor might be a better fit. Regardless, after one BLS degree is conferred, you cannot obtain a second one unless there is some exception to the academic policy that the Dean could approve.

Dual Baccalaureate Degrees

A student may earn multiple degrees provided they are different. The Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) degree and the Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree may not be declared as a dual (secondary) degree, as both were designed with broad requirements to target a specific population. In order to receive additional degrees, the following conditions must be met: (1) The first degree must have been awarded; (2) The student must apply through Admissions for subsequent degrees; (3) A minimum number of credits must be earned beyond the total hours earned for the previous degree: 15 for each additional Associate, 30 for each additional Baccalaureate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes turbotortuga's post:
  • allvia
You would still be able to go for the 'BA History & Political Science', but that would require more UMPI credits than a second minor (30 more, but you'll need 30 more for any 2nd bachelor at UMPI).  With that said, if you have all your BLS-Management courses complete you should not complete any more until you start the 2nd bachelor degree.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-23-2023, 11:17 PM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 11:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: When you're done the UMPI MAOL, and if you have the energy, money, time.  You might want to be the only other person on the board to complete the ENEB degree offerings, 11 of them (just don't get it evaluated, I didn't bother with mine, it's just for learning or filling some knowledge gaps).  But it'll be amazing to have 11 Masters/MBA in that one year, it took me 7.5 months for 3 as I was casually going at it...

I have read quite a lot about the ENEB here on this site. Even after reading the explanation about it in its mega thread, it still confuses me. Its some kind of "own/personal title" and its recognized in Spain by businesses in one way and viewed as another by the government. I thought about doing it and read into the site, but its a bit confusing. 

Is it all done online? Is it a packet you receive in the mail, fill out, and send it? How many courses are there? My understanding is that it comes from Isabela I University which is the English counterpart, but I have no idea how the setup works. A $200 "degree" sounds palatable. Could you provide a TL;DR, ELI 5 version for my edification?

The info you're looking for is in my signature, here's the link to the ENEB WIKI: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/ENEB
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decision time: BABA/Leadership vs BLS/Management Kjnova 88 5,785 09-08-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  BLS Minor in Management Plan mohelena02 5 373 08-25-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Project Management - STD credits or Google Certifications DavidGood 6 1,082 07-23-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: tdat314
  Job seeking with bls with management and project management minor bvndz 11 1,808 07-09-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  321 human resource management HappyPeanut 8 598 07-08-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Does Sophia's Project Management still come to UMPI as BUS 141? berlinerd 7 781 07-05-2024, 08:40 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 10 1,453 06-24-2024, 10:23 AM
  Finished MAOL! (Great experience!) larabell 32 5,727 06-01-2024, 11:18 AM
  Degreeplan advices of UMPI BBA Management & Leadership Concentration whereismyramen 8 809 05-07-2024, 08:00 PM
  BLS accounting Minor/ Management minor sippurpose 1 312 05-05-2024, 07:37 AM