Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished! (+ for the newbies...)
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to this forum to say thanks! I've used these discussion threads during Dantes/Clep testing and they were so helpful! You guys rock!

I am officially finished with my B.A.! I was in a law studies program at a private college when my program was cut. I needed 4 more classes to finish. Luckily, my advisor said I could test out through Dantes/CLEP. It's been a very long road for me to finish my B.A. - many years of school part-time while working full-time+. It hasn't been easy but I am finished!

I just wanted to let you newbies out there know - don't be afraid! This is doable - study the cards and get the REA books if available. At first I was overwhelmed and thought how am I going to do this? There's so much info but the IC card really helped! You will be more prepared for the tests than you think! Use the cards! You can do this!

Here's specific feedback on the classes I took:

Civil War - I just used IC cards and watched the Ken Burns video. Lot's of dates and battles and the video really helped bring them "alive" to me which helped in storing the information.

Management Information Systems - I only used the flash cards. I used to work in software development so I already knew a lot of this info. Easiest test I took.

Intro to Education Psych - I knew nothing about this subject and bought a bunch of books. However, I only ended up using the flashcards and the REA book, which was easy to read and included practice tests.

Intro to Business Law - Hardest for me and I even work in the legal field now (but in a different area). Lots of scenarios and contract law. The Baron's book on Business Law was also very helpful (easy to read, key terms, etc.) and I will probably keep that book in my library. There's a lot of reading on this test so use the scenarios on the IC cards to prep yourself.

Good luck to you all and best wishes!

-Christi
...and thanks for the encouraging words. That is one of the key aspects of the IC forums, the encouragement and information being shared by others.

Good luck as you move forward on your journey.
Great job!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
congrats! And best wishes pursuing the next challenge
way to go!!! good luck to you!
Congratulations, Christi! Thanks for the post. It's always great to hear good reports from others.
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
Good Job and Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!
CCAF-AS Logistics Management
CCAF-AS Bio-Environmental Science
Cerro Coso Community College-AS Administration of Justice
Excelsior College-BS Criminal Justice-2008
TESC-BA Liberal Studies-2009
2 Different Bachelor Degrees completed in under 2 years!
Way to go!! Congrats!
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Great advice, thanks. congrats.

cate
BS (UMUC) in 2010, 30+ years in the making!!

Intro to Computing 63
Astronomy 63
Technical Writing 62
Principles of Mgt 71
Principles of Marketing 68
Substance Abuse 467
College Math 56
Principles of Finance 425
Principles of Statistics 458

Exams: ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!!

GRADUATION--UMUC--MAY 15, 2010 (unbelievable)
Congrats! Glad to see you were able to complete your studies.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! mojave 13 1,611 08-21-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Its finally finished! withrown 18 2,872 08-15-2022, 12:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  Finished my Bachelors now onto my graduate sweetcrabhoney 9 2,061 12-31-2020, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Finished my first class in years! ms_butterfly 6 1,269 09-20-2020, 03:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Finished...Thank you! DeanLewis 15 3,237 08-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Last Post: sofinel
  Newbies - PLEASE post your questions on the forum dfrecore 9 3,480 02-12-2019, 04:28 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Finished -- thank you! a2jc4life 10 3,185 10-20-2018, 02:27 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  I have finished all but some of the tests on Study.com Ancapman 8 3,056 12-20-2017, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Ancapman
  "Done" but not finished. Test-o-matic 9 2,161 12-22-2016, 11:24 PM
Last Post: bricabrac
  To the Newbies that think Penn Foster courses are a cake walk... Borashi 9 1,437 05-25-2016, 04:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77