Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally back to testing!
The biggest project of my career will finally be done on Tuesday! Watch them give the next biggest project on Wednesday Sad

Plus having been in Aleks hell already, there has been almost no progress in the last 2 months.
So now its time to knock this stuff out, I am only 51 credits from a BS EET!!

I gotta make this happen now while the holidays are a slow time for me.

How is everyone staying motivated and nose to the grindstone?
Motivated? Nose to grindstone? My new goal is to hit 300 postings. If I keep providing inane postings, I'll get there soon. I'm really in trouble if I don't get a higher degreeforum title at 300. I might keep posting until the darn thing rolls over.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
Today is my first day in a couple weeks of absence from the forum.. December is crazy for me at work and school is really tough. I have no idea how I'm staying motivated right now, probably through sheer stress. Ha ha the holidays are the toughest time of the year. This time last year almost derailed me in my progress towards my undergrad.

Maybe that is helpful motivation for those still on their way to the BS - exactly one year ago, I was scrambling to get everything done so I could graduate in May. I never thought it would actually happen and now here I am talking about my masters progress! It feels slow when you're going through it, but if you consistently set testing dates, it will happen!!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Setting dates is a great idea! It really works well for me. I hate having things overdue. I am currently taking a break from CLEPing so I can finish high school, but as soon as I graduate I plan on hitting the CLEP books asap! Right now I think it's my stressing over graduating that is keeping me on track.
[SIZE=2]CLEPs: A&I Lit - 62, [/SIZE]College Algebra - 54, [SIZE=2]College Comp - 55, [/SIZE]Intro Sociology -59, [SIZE=2]College Math -67, [/SIZE]Intro Psychology -66, Western Civ I-56, Social Sciences and History - 60, Human Growth and Development -60, Introduction to Educational Psychology - 65, Natural Sciences - 54
DSST:Technical Writing -60, Introduction to Computing - 60, Intro to World Religions - 435
[SIZE=2]Courses: Comparative Worldviews -3 credits, Social Justice -3 credits, Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 credits, Leadership Management and Communications - 3 credits
Total Credit - 69

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life." Proverbs 4:13

"For wisdom is better than
rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11
[/SIZE]
Good for you testing while in HS. I wish I had known about all of this back then. They actually did have CLEP tests even in the 90s and REA books too!
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
"Don't center on your anxieties...Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs." Qui-Gon Jinn

[Image: 04.jpg]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ryoder Wrote:Good for you testing while in HS. I wish I had known about all of this back then. They actually did have CLEP tests even in the 90s and REA books too!

Thank my mom! She got me into testing. I did my first two tests while enrolled in CollegePlus Prep. Then I did the math CLEPs afterwards. It really gave me a jump start into college.
[SIZE=2]CLEPs: A&I Lit - 62, [/SIZE]College Algebra - 54, [SIZE=2]College Comp - 55, [/SIZE]Intro Sociology -59, [SIZE=2]College Math -67, [/SIZE]Intro Psychology -66, Western Civ I-56, Social Sciences and History - 60, Human Growth and Development -60, Introduction to Educational Psychology - 65, Natural Sciences - 54
DSST:Technical Writing -60, Introduction to Computing - 60, Intro to World Religions - 435
[SIZE=2]Courses: Comparative Worldviews -3 credits, Social Justice -3 credits, Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 credits, Leadership Management and Communications - 3 credits
Total Credit - 69

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life." Proverbs 4:13

"For wisdom is better than
rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Back 2 School - Buy Mac/iPad - get AirPods + 20% off AppleCare bjcheung77 0 771 06-23-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Back pain exercises (PRO) - FREE bjcheung77 2 1,415 01-20-2021, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Rexona
  Heart Transplant -- Finally Free ashkir 6 1,586 09-15-2020, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Library2HospitalChaplain
  Personality types and those who go back to school Ideas 25 4,018 06-18-2018, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Life_One
  Just testing my new signature... zapproximator 28 5,052 01-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bmoyer83
  I'm back baby! ryoder 6 2,892 11-23-2017, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  CompTIA (A+, Net+, Sec+ etc) to start offering online testing (via ProctorU) jsd 1 2,535 03-31-2017, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 25BangBang
  Finally A Licenced Manicurist ! sweetcrabhoney 4 929 01-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Last Post: OnlineStudent011320
  A little career success...finally! rebel100 12 2,299 12-27-2015, 01:05 AM
Last Post: jawbreakingrr
  Mom Hospitalized - Had to Suspend Plans Testing For Now... SuZQ2 3 999 11-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer