Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally Made Up My Mind, Need A Review
Hello everyone, 

I finally made up my mind to do the B.S. in Data Science and Analytics from TESU. Thought I would do the cyber program from TESU but I really do not want to be stuck on a helpdesk until I gain IT experience. My wife is getting a little irritated with me for once again changing my education path so I'm sticking to this plan. 

I made a spreadsheet with the courses I need to take along with some dates I'll start and alternate sources of credits. Could one of you degree savants take a look at it please and let me know if it's correct? 

I finished The Institutes ethics course so hopefully that still satisfies the ethical leadership requirement. I'm going to retake statistics because it's been a while since I've taken it and read some people struggled on some of the Statistics.com courses. 

My employer reimburses up to $4,250 for education a year so that should help out a lot with costs. I think that's it. Appreciate all the help.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Data Science.xlsx (Size: 10.48 KB / Downloads: 22)
(08-25-2020, 11:15 AM)ambull01 Wrote: Hello everyone, 

I finally made up my mind to do the B.S. in Data Science and Analytics from TESU. Thought I would do the cyber program from TESU but I really do not want to be stuck on a helpdesk until I gain IT experience. My wife is getting a little irritated with me for once again changing my education path so I'm sticking to this plan. 

I made a spreadsheet with the courses I need to take along with some dates I'll start and alternate sources of credits. Could one of you degree savants take a look at it please and let me know if it's correct? 

I finished The Institutes ethics course so hopefully that still satisfies the ethical leadership requirement. I'm going to retake statistics because it's been a while since I've taken it and read some people struggled on some of the Statistics.com courses. 

My employer reimburses up to $4,250 for education a year so that should help out a lot with costs. I think that's it. Appreciate all the help.

Sophia has Intro to Ethics. There are some schools that are no longer accepting the ethics course from The Institutes. There's posts on here about it. Sophia also has Introduction to Statistics. Be sure to check Study.com for some of the IT courses. They have the SQL one and I think a few others. I reviewed this degree a few months ago for my husband who's looking for a data analytics degree as well.
(08-25-2020, 11:22 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 11:15 AM)ambull01 Wrote: Hello everyone, 

Sophia has Intro to Ethics. There are some schools that are no longer accepting the ethics course from The Institutes. There's posts on here about it. Sophia also has Introduction to Statistics. Be sure to check Study.com for some of the IT courses. They have the SQL one and I think a few others. I reviewed this degree a few months ago for my husband who's looking for a data analytics degree as well.
Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking about taking statistics from Statistics.com since I figured the course would be really geared toward teaching the knowledge needed to pass the core requirements.
As of right now, TESU is still accepting The Institutes, last I heard. However, if you have a subscription, you might as well take the Sophia course just in case since it won't really cost you anything extra.

SDC has an R programming course that's going to be cheaper than Statistics.com. They also have Intro to Python. It's not for Analytics (you'd have to ask if it matters) but Python is Python. For Study.com, subscribe at the $60 level to do the quizzes and then up to the $200 level so that you can submit any assignments and do the exam.

(08-25-2020, 11:31 AM)ambull01 Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking about taking statistics from Statistics.com since I figured the course would be really geared toward teaching the knowledge needed to pass the core requirements.

If you need a deeper dive, you might want to subscribe to ALEKS for $20/mo. They have intro to statistics, business statistics, and statistics for behavioral sciences. Even if you stay subscribed for a whole year to keep refreshing your knowledge, that's still cheaper than Statistics.com course and should have the same info.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ambull01
(08-25-2020, 11:34 AM)rachel83az Wrote: As of right now, TESU is still accepting The Institutes, last I heard. However, if you have a subscription, you might as well take the Sophia course just in case since it won't really cost you anything extra.

SDC has an R programming course that's going to be cheaper than Statistics.com. They also have Intro to Python. It's not for Analytics (you'd have to ask if it matters) but Python is Python. For Study.com, subscribe at the $60 level to do the quizzes and then up to the $200 level so that you can submit any assignments and do the exam.
Thanks! You're the best. You're always answering my questions. I'll look into that $60 Study.com level. I don't have a subscription with Sophia yet. I signed up for Ancient Greek Philosophers, College Algebra, and Public Speaking during their free membership period. Finished the Ancient Greek Philosophers course but that's not going to satisfy the ethics requirement although, if you're right, The Institutes course already satisfied it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I finally picked a school for my BA staceydiane 11 1,034 08-12-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,645 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Help finally finishing degree nyk0532 6 813 01-13-2024, 07:30 PM
Last Post: samiam
  Changed mind about Master's, BLS advice? spaindreamer 9 714 09-27-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Asking for help with my a review of my degree plan JimG63 9 759 09-25-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: JimG63
  Please review my plan: Excelsior BS in Business (General Business) Sheet Included colonel 7 767 08-21-2023, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Kab
  I need help figuring out how to finally obtain Bachelors, advice appreciated dadof3 54 4,670 05-27-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: dadof3
  Help me, Review this degree plan for TESU FellowMr 16 2,004 02-25-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Need Credit Review/Advice for Pierpont BOG AAS Degree VP576 7 1,359 02-05-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Slight pivot, will someone pls review my plan for UMPI? Slammyelis 3 553 01-27-2023, 04:46 PM
Last Post: dfrecore