Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final assessment paper
What’s the usual turn around time for final assessment paper? Are we talking…Sophia type turnaround time? Also, my first milestone was not affirmed but she said there’s no problem with it. Plus when I reach out to Cody, he tells me to talk to my professor. ??‍♀️
I am new ... but I thought that all milestones have to be affirmed even if the Profesor doesn't comment. ?
(09-07-2021, 09:45 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: What’s the usual turn around time for final assessment paper? Are we talking…Sophia type turnaround time? Also, my first milestone was not affirmed but she said there’s no problem with it. Plus when I reach out to Cody, he tells me to talk to my professor. ??‍♀️

I guess it varies. One professor returned his comments a day after I submitted my draft. The second one... it's been almost a week since I've submitted the draft.

All milestones have to be affirmed.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(09-08-2021, 01:21 AM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 09:45 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: What’s the usual turn around time for final assessment paper? Are we talking…Sophia type turnaround time? Also, my first milestone was not affirmed but she said there’s no problem with it. Plus when I reach out to Cody, he tells me to talk to my professor. ??‍♀️

I guess it varies. One professor returned his comments a day after I submitted my draft. The second one... it's been almost a week since I've submitted the draft.

Doesn’t waiting that long essentially prevents you from obtaining another course?

Yeah I thought all milestones had to be affirmed but my course says I’ve completed everything but I’m seeing that a milestone haven’t been affirmed. I hope it doesn’t become an issue with the grading at the end of the session.

It depends. Milestones can take a day or a few. Professors have 72 hours (weekends and holidays don't count) to respond to you. Rough drafts and the final version of the Final Assessment can take a week to come back. There's no set in stone rule about how long until submissions come back. Cody's right. You need to contact your professor about submissions before him. You only reach out to him if it's been beyond the rules.

(09-08-2021, 08:33 AM)carebear_007 Wrote: Doesn’t waiting that long essentially prevents you from obtaining another course?

Yeah I thought all milestones had to be affirmed but my course says I’ve completed everything but I’m seeing that a milestone haven’t been affirmed. I hope it doesn’t become an issue with the grading at the end of the session.

Once you submit the rough draft, you can email your advisor and have them add a new class to your schedule. If your Milestones aren't being affirmed and they need to be before you can move on to the next Learning Outcome, then you need to email the professor. They may have missed it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • carebear_007
(09-08-2021, 08:33 AM)carebear_007 Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 01:21 AM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:

Doesn’t waiting that long essentially prevents you from obtaining another course?

No, you are allowed to request a new course once you've submitted a draft. You must have received an email from Cody or Jessica that explains this policy.
Please do read all the emails they send, there are a lot of useful information.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • ss20ts
(09-08-2021, 10:04 AM)ss20ts Wrote:

It depends. Milestones can take a day or a few. Professors have 72 hours (weekends and holidays don't count) to respond to you. Rough drafts and the final version of the Final Assessment can take a week to come back. There's no set in stone rule about how long until submissions come back. Cody's right. You need to contact your professor about submissions before him. You only reach out to him if it's been beyond the rules.

(09-08-2021, 08:33 AM)carebear_007 Wrote: Doesn’t waiting that long essentially prevents you from obtaining another course?

Once you submit the rough draft, you can email your advisor and have them add a new class to your schedule. If your Milestones aren't being affirmed and they need to be before you can move on to the next Learning Outcome, then you need to email the professor. They may have missed it.
If the first milestone was affirmed with good comments and the second two are waiting to be seen by the professor (they show yellow still)  but my final instructions were unlocked does that mean I am affirmed? Or instructions unlocking isn't the same thing? I remember you saying you look at what your final entails before even starting the course but where is that info.?  My two courses (I'm a newbie) have only unlocked the instructions once through the full course... Other than in the syllabus showing that it will be a power point presentation or paper etc

Also, do most courses have milestones? One of my courses didnt have any. They had the typical quizzes throughout though.
(09-08-2021, 05:34 PM)Ann7 Wrote: If the first milestone was affirmed with good comments and the second two are waiting to be seen by the professor (they show yellow still)  but my final instructions were unlocked does that mean I am affirmed? Or instructions unlocking isn't the same thing? I remember you saying you look at what your final entails before even starting the course but where is that info.?  My two courses (I'm a newbie) have only unlocked the instructions once through the full course... Other than in the syllabus showing that it will be a power point presentation or paper etc

Also, do most courses have milestones? One of my courses didnt have any. They had the typical quizzes throughout though.

I don't know which courses have Milestones and which have quizzes. I could look through the courses I've completed, but I didn't keep a running tab. It will vary a lot by major also. 

To see your Final Assessment, you don't usually have to wait for it to unlocked. You have to wait for it to be unlocked to submit the rough draft. I HIGHLY recommend ALWAYS submitting a rough draft before your final version of the Final Assessment. 

To see the Final Assessment instructions:

When you're on the course homepage, click on Assessments - send title from the left under the graphic. Scroll down and click the blue arrow. Scroll down and click on Instructions. This will download/display your instructions. You can also view the rubric on this page. If you can't view these items, you need to notify Cody.
(09-08-2021, 08:56 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 05:34 PM)Ann7 Wrote: If the first milestone was affirmed with good comments and the second two are waiting to be seen by the professor (they show yellow still)  but my final instructions were unlocked does that mean I am affirmed? Or instructions unlocking isn't the same thing? I remember you saying you look at what your final entails before even starting the course but where is that info.?  My two courses (I'm a newbie) have only unlocked the instructions once through the full course... Other than in the syllabus showing that it will be a power point presentation or paper etc

I don't know which courses have Milestones and which have quizzes. I could look through the courses I've completed, but I didn't keep a running tab. It will vary a lot by major also. 

To see your Final Assessment, you don't usually have to wait for it to unlocked. You have to wait for it to be unlocked to submit the rough draft. I HIGHLY recommend ALWAYS submitting a rough draft before your final version of the Final Assessment. 

To see the Final Assessment instructions:

When you're on the course homepage, click on Assessments - send title from the left under the graphic. Scroll down and click the blue arrow. Scroll down and click on Instructions. This will download/display your instructions. You can also view the rubric on this page. If you can't view these items, you need to notify Cody.
Thanks for all your help! Great!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BUS 325 final Somegirl00 1 182 08-13-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  What accounting classes require exams or paper? I have 11 classes left Sarajane 7 792 04-20-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Sarajane
  BUS 325 Final Mitch23 3 633 03-25-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bus 321 final assessment scenarios MikeyJeff 7 992 10-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: MichaelDoesMarketing
  BUS 220 - Managerial Accounting - Assessment. Mr T 4 1,682 08-20-2023, 09:28 PM
Last Post: DolceDolce
  ungraded final after 11 days? PineapplePen 26 3,130 08-14-2023, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Baezbug
  MAT-140 Final klone 1 443 07-06-2023, 11:21 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  YourPace Management Courses- Exam or Paper? Infinite-Telephone52 10 1,511 05-29-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Final Drafts? mikehart82 10 1,492 05-25-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: Infinite-Telephone52
  Exam vs Paper at UMPI joshua27 3 1,967 04-14-2023, 08:29 AM
Last Post: joshua27