Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fewer Colleges Accepting ACE? What Happened?
None of the speculations are true. The ACE website pretty much explains it. ACE is requiring colleges and universities to fill out an application to re-confirm membership. A lot of colleges and universities probably either don't know that ACE purged its list or aren't rushing to put in the application. ACE has this disclaimer, which is pretty much what I've said all along.

Quote:REMEMBER: Each institution listed considers ACE credit recommendations for workforce training or military training and occupational specialties. However, each institution has the sole discretion to determine whether it will accept ACE credit recommendations based on the degree program a student applies to at the institution. Before starting the application process, be sure to contact the institution's admissions office to ask about their transfer policies. Students should also learn more about the requirements for the degree program they want to pursue and how their credit recommendations could apply.

So, if a school decides that it's only going to give credit for military training, it can still be a member of the ACE network. Being a member of the ACE network does not mean that a school will give credit for all types of ACE-evaluated courses.

http://www.acenet.edu/news-room/Pages/Th...twork.aspx
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • a2jc4life
In talking to colleges for my daughter here in Ohio, so many of them have never heard of ACE, even when they were on a list somewhere. I know of a few that specifically say they will take Straightline and CLEP, but have no idea about providers like study.com. I would love to see these courses more universally accepted and well known. Not everyone wants a degree from the Big 3.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(05-31-2018, 06:29 PM)rlw74 Wrote: In talking to colleges for my daughter here in Ohio, so many of them have never heard of ACE, even when they were on a list somewhere. I know of a few that specifically say they will take Straightline and CLEP, but have no idea about providers like study.com. I would love to see these courses more universally accepted and well known. Not everyone wants a degree from the Big 3.

ACE is who established that CLEP is worth college credit (or instance) or AP, or in short - all college credit that does not originate through a college. The college's Registrar will be very familiar with ACE. People who don't evaluate credit for a living like those in admissions simply have no reason to know who ACE is. Separately, they can know who ACE is and not accept credit - but if a college takes AP, CLEP, and Straighterline, they only can do that because they are ACE evaluated.

I think it's fine for someone to choose one of the big 3, but CLEP and AP work at most colleges.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to all the transfer discounts? harrypotter 2 653 06-14-2023, 09:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Colleges Using Study.com Format? mialo 25 3,182 01-29-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  TEEX not accepting enrollments? innen_oda 7 1,348 11-24-2020, 02:27 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore jsh1138 27 7,930 06-14-2020, 01:12 AM
Last Post: GizmoJack
  Other Schools Accepting Alt Credit natshar 12 2,941 05-13-2020, 02:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ACE urges colleges be flexible accepting credits during COVID19 graduatesoon 5 1,705 04-17-2020, 04:36 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Which colleges still accept Shmoop? nosey561 0 839 10-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Shmoop explains what happened at TESU, says it's temporary... jsd 29 6,075 05-09-2018, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  No luck with straighterline partner colleges. gremlinbrawler 16 6,526 11-30-2017, 01:52 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  Does Straighterline Replace Failed Courses From Previous Colleges? mandarinsalad 26 4,444 06-22-2017, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Ideas