Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feelings on the Petersons Practice Tests for Intro to Soc
I am scheduled to take the Intro to Soc clep test this Friday. This is my first clep and i have been studying about 3 weeks using the REA study guide, IC, CliffNotes website, and Petersons tests. I have taken all 3 REA tests twice and second time on each scored approx 77 but when i take the Petersons tests (have taken all 3 once now) my scores were 52, 65, 65. The Petersons tests seem much harder and I am wondering which exams are closer to the real clep tests between the REA & Petersons. I did see somewhere (can't remember which source) that scores need to be 65-75 on petersons to pass the clep. thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Moved From Specific Feedback Section.
I have found the Peterson's practice exams to be a little harder but a very accurate reflection of the actual exams. I have never used a REA book, so I can't comment about the accuracy of their exams. Good luck!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
thanks for the feedback. see you have taken lots and lots of cleps. that is impressive. what is a 63 considered in the intro to soc?
I never did the Peterson's tests, but everyone says they are harder than the actual CLEP test. I took this a while ago, and used the REA study guide and passed the test. My score was in the 60's... don't remember what exactly, but you will get credit only for the CLEP test, so as long as you are above 50 on this you will pass. (unless your school's requirements are different, some are but mostly 50 or above is a pass)
Testing CreditsALEKS- Beginning Algebra, CLEP Intro Psychology, CLEP Principles of Management, CLEP Principles of Marketing, CLEP Info Systems & Computer App, CLEP Intro Sociology, CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, DSST Environment & Humanity, DSST Here's to Your Health, DSST Organizational Behavior, DSST Personal Finance, DSST Substance Abuse, DSST Supervision
Class Credits
English Composition 1, English Composition 2, Nutrition, Intercultural Communications, Introduction to Business, US History 2, College Algebra, HR Management, Professional Selling, Consumer Behavior, Managing Organizational Change, Art Appreciation, Music Appreciation, Statistics
thanks goodtogo so are you saying that as long as you pass (score 50 or above) that you get only the 3 credits for the course. I thought the score you got translated to a score (table in the REA study guide) which then determined your actual grade which they would use for GPA purposes. if it is only pass/fail how do these cleps works towards your gpa? maybe i am ok then because i don't do nearly as well on the petersons as the rea. even after reviewing the test once completed in petersons the explanations aren't much help like the ic
Yes-- you will receive 3 credits only for the pass so it won't impact your GPA at all. My school shows them on my transcript as credit only, like it was transferred in, but no grade. That is for CLEP. DSST tests may be different, I have my first one on Friday, so I don't know if you get a grade from them.
Good luck!
Testing CreditsALEKS- Beginning Algebra, CLEP Intro Psychology, CLEP Principles of Management, CLEP Principles of Marketing, CLEP Info Systems & Computer App, CLEP Intro Sociology, CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, DSST Environment & Humanity, DSST Here's to Your Health, DSST Organizational Behavior, DSST Personal Finance, DSST Substance Abuse, DSST Supervision
Class Credits
English Composition 1, English Composition 2, Nutrition, Intercultural Communications, Introduction to Business, US History 2, College Algebra, HR Management, Professional Selling, Consumer Behavior, Managing Organizational Change, Art Appreciation, Music Appreciation, Statistics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 480 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 457 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 1,237 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 1,173 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,334 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Looking for EQ & IQ Tests online: Anyone? bjcheung77 6 1,157 10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,827 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,566 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Study site, Study.com or Petersons btinnc 0 957 03-12-2020, 12:37 PM
Last Post: btinnc
  SL Intro to Nutrition High_Order1 6 1,705 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4