Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast Masters Degree?
You can't get credit for life experience for any accredited degree. However, you can use knowledge gained outside the classroom to complete PLAs and credit by exam. Some colleges will give credit for certifications/professional licenses and ACE/NCCRS approved courses. At the graduate level, there is usually no credit given for anything other than college courses. A few schools might give credit for the PMP and CISSP certifications.

American Intercontinental University is not one of the more inexpensive options. A master's in education will cost $21,216. It's not bad, but there are other schools that are half the cost. Plus, there is the stigma of AIU being a for profit college. AIU is regionally accredited. I think you need to do a lot more research to understand how graduate programs and colleges work in general. You do not pay for AIU's courses through another school. You determine how many courses you need to take by looking at the degree program on the website. An advisor will also help you plan courses once you're enrolled.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Thanks, Sanantone. I see where some misunderstandings came into play. I saw bells221 post about AIU and being unfamiliar with the school, googled. Unfortunately, I guess I found the wrong school: Atlantic International University. Thus, my questions related to that school, not American Intercontinental University. If you see their site, my questions will make a lot more sense. Sorry about that! Atlantic is $5,600, but not accredited in the US although it is based in Hawaii and maybe (unclear) has state accreditation there.

I have been doing a lot of research on graduate programs and I do understand how they work in the US. But because Atlantic's was so different, I was curious to see if someone else had experience with their program. Right now I'm leaning toward Amberton or Morningside with a few VESI courses as well.
So what Masters degrees really can be done FAST? I'm talking about within 1 year on a part time basis at B&M schools online/on campus. For example, most MBA's take close to 2 years to complete so I wouldn't consider an MBA in the fast category.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
taylor Wrote:So what Masters degrees really can be done FAST? I'm talking about within 1 year on a part time basis at B&M schools online/on campus. For example, most MBA's take close to 2 years to complete so I wouldn't consider an MBA in the fast category.
There are actually a lot of Masters that can be done in a year, depends on what your wanting, what your willing to give up, and what you can afford to spend. The University of Florida has a 1 year MBA, I believe the University of Missouri list several Ed related MA's. And WGU is turning out MSN, MsEd, and MBA's in 12 months or less all the time.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:There are actually a lot of Masters that can be done in a year, depends on what your wanting, what your willing to give up, and what you can afford to spend. The University of Florida has a 1 year MBA, I believe the University of Missouri list several Ed related MA's. And WGU is turning out MSN, MsEd, and MBA's in 12 months or less all the time.

Rebel but the University of Florida 1 year MBA is full time I believe. And all the B&M MBA's I've seen that can be completed in 1 year are all accelerated and need to be attended full time. Maybe I need to clarify but what subject matter can be done within a year at a B&M, format can be online or campus while working full time? Masters English? Masters History? I really don't know.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
taylor Wrote:Rebel but the University of Florida 1 year MBA is full time I believe. And all the B&M MBA's I've seen that can be completed in 1 year are all accelerated and need to be attended full time. Maybe I need to clarify but what subject matter can be done within a year at a B&M, format can be online or campus while working full time? Masters English? Masters History? I really don't know.

Well, your talking 30-40 credits. They do exist, but its gonna be a big time commitment on your part. What state are you in? What do you want to study?

Just because its possible doesn't mean its advisable! Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:Well, your talking 30-40 credits. They do exist, but its gonna be a big time commitment on your part. What state are you in? What do you want to study?

Just because its possible doesn't mean its advisable! Smile

I'm in SoCal. Ideally an MBA would be the best fit for me since I'm self employed but I'm very open to other options as far as subject matters go. I've given up on ROI at my age and would be fine learning a few things as a personal goal with a B&M name attached to it, preferably in SoCal then NorCal, AZ, or NV...just want to have more of a local connection to the school. I'm a bit ADD which is why I don't think I can handle going to school more than 1 year, 1 year and a half tops. I'm a busy man with a busy work schedule, have my child on weekends, cross fit, ultimate Frisbee, and in training for American Ninja Warrior lol, at least my daughter thinks I can do it. I'm curious to see what subjects can be completed within a year from a B&M.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
I found this 11 month MBA program from Univ. of Colorado. Idk why it costs twice as much as a 2 year MBA. They also have normal paced MBA programs 100% online.

Earn your MBA in less than 1 year | 11-Month MBA | Business School | University of Colorado Denver
CLEP
Spanish Language 75
American Gov't 52
A&I Literature 66
Prin. Management 67

DSST
Substance Abuse 453
Prin. of Supervision 450
Organizational Beh. 63
Fund. of Counseling 61

8 FEMA credits
Sterling Archer Wrote:I found this 11 month MBA program from Univ. of Colorado. Idk why it costs twice as much as a 2 year MBA. They also have normal paced MBA programs 100% online.

Earn your MBA in less than 1 year | 11-Month MBA | Business School | University of Colorado Denver

That's a good find but sounds more like a full time program with a M-F schedule which wouldn't work for me. But I'm sure that program will work for others in CO. Also since I'm in CA I would only be willing to do short term residencies if the program was out of state.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
taylor Wrote:So what Masters degrees really can be done FAST? I'm talking about within 1 year on a part time basis at B&M schools online/on campus. For example, most MBA's take close to 2 years to complete so I wouldn't consider an MBA in the fast category.

They don't exist because it's impossible. Part-time for graduate programs means less than 9 credit hours per semester or the equivalent. You can't finish a 30 credit degree in one year going at that pace.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 174,268 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 464 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,609 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 457 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 9,033 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,508 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,482 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,654 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 835 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 2,057 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema