Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast Masters Degree?
lumpylump Wrote:Actually I'm not sure if the experience waiver is due to using the EC Council material, or due to some arrangement with WGU, but there is no 'prove experience' component to fret over. The school took care of the fees and registration for the three EC Council exams I've had to take so all I had to do was learn the material and pass. I hope WGU will find some other business continuity certification as the subject definitely belongs in the curriculum.

The official EDRP study material was pretty bad. Over 900 pages of business continuity minutiae in dire need of a refresh if not a major overhaul.

Thanks for the info, BCP&DR was the part I had the most problem with for CISSP... mainly because I did that kind of stuff in the Military and ISC2's method was almost the opposite of what I know works.
WGU follow-up:

Classes aren't very difficult, but they are time consuming. Lots of writing, but again, nothing too difficult. I'm halfway through now and can realistically see someone completing a WGU MBA in 6 months or less with 30-40 hours per week.

Rhashad Hicks
Liberty University, DBA
starting 02/2023

Western Governors University, MBA
Organization & Strategy 2013
Educational Design 2021

TESC Bachelors (18 Months)
American History 2011

CLEP
English Comp w/essay | A & I literature | American Government | Prin. of Management | Prin. of Marketing | Intro to computers | Business Law | Intro to Sociology | Psychology | social sciences & history | U.S. History I | U.S. History II | Human Growth & Dev. | Educational Psych | Microeconomics | Macroeconomics

DANTES
Civil War & Recon. | Technical Writing | Prin. of Supervision | History of Vietnam | Organizational Behavior | Substance abuse | Management Info Systems | Intro to Business | Principles of Counseling | Modern Middle East

ALEKS
Beg. Algebra | Intermediate Algebra | Pre-Calculus | Business Statistics

STRAIGHTERLINE
Accounting I | Accounting II
burbuja0512 Wrote:I can't say from my personal experience, but I've been reading Ryoder's posts. He's really working hard and has had some success. Check the "Off Topic" category and look for what he's posted. Here's one of his threads: http://www.degreeforum.net/off-topic/136...ourse.html

I believe that the only way to finish faster is to look for self-paced options. I also think that WGU might be another choice, but I'll shut up now because I just don't know enough about it. If I don't get accepted to the Master's program of my dreams (see signature), I will be likely be doing more research on the self-paced graduate programs.

I had to smile since the bump in this thread brought this back. Isn't it fantastic when we get our wish!! Rock on girl!

GL to you too Rhashad! You're doing great! Which degree did you ultimately decide on ? My hubby will be completing his masters there too.
I have just finished my second Masters, first my MBA and now a Masters in Information Systems. It can depend on your work schedule. For my MBA I started in August of 2009 and Finished in February of 2011. 36 MBA Credit Hours. Accounting Degrees Run Longer and I did not take more than one course at a time. However, for my Masters in Information Systems. I started in April 2011 and Finished in May 2012. In this case I took 2 classes per period and one period took 3 classes with a full time job, that one will get the motor running to 2 A.M. on a regular basis. If I had known I could accelerate I would have done the same thing with my first Masters, however my work schedule at that time was challenging and I think it turned out for the best. Find out what the baseline is for the program. Generally with the Masters if you are not done in 2 or 3 years you are out of the program essentially and then look for ways to accelerate it. The classic baseball line applies. "If you build it they will come" Ill modify and say, "If you ask for a specific amount of time you would like to complete the program, the right program will come." All the best hope to hear of your successes. Also very nice Shotojuku 6 months is nothing short of Amazing!

Max
Cool

[SIZE="2"]TESC-AS: Electronic Systems
TESC-BA: History
Phoenix College-MBA: Masters of Business Administration
Keller Graduate School-MISM: Masters of Information Systems Management
[/SIZE]

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you're not willing to see what it is; you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."

[SIZE="1"]Cleps/DSST Failed:
Intro to Psychology 45/46, Chemistry 47/50
Cleps/DSST Passed:
Analyzing/Interp Lit 48/47, Intro to Computing 64/47
Business Law 53/50, English Comp w Essay 54/50
College Mathematics 54/50, MIS 445/400
Biology 56/50, Technical Writing 59/46
Sociology 67/50, World Religions 445/400
Intro Middle East 51/47 Environment/Humanity 51/46
Human/GrowDevelop 65/50 Educational Psych 55/50
Ethics 460/400 Vietnam War 64/44
Civil War/Recon 56/47 Western Europe 59/45
US History 1 59/50 US History 2 61/50
Western Civ 2 56/50

ALEKS
Intro to Stats
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra w Trig
PreCalculus[/SIZE]
Hi Max! It's so nice to see you back. Thank you for sharing your successes with us. It's very encouraging. Congratulations on completing 2 master's degrees!!

----

Way to go Rhashad! Keep going!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
i may have missed it but did we ever find out at which school the grad was completed in an intense 6 months?

ShotoJuku Wrote:I did my first "real" one in just under 6-months, however I worked on it for several hours a day, seven days a week. I will graduate with my second "real" one next month; this one took a little longer, around 8-months.
getting there
NCU has 30 credit masters programs that are at an 8 week or better pace per course. You can finish early if you want to and you can get the syllabus for the next course or so while in a course so you can get ahead without officially enrolling. I finished in about 7 months and could have finished in a shorter amount of time if I hadn't been forced to sit on the sidelines for a while due to the way I enrolled prior to being granted my BSBA.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:NCU has 30 credit masters programs that are at an 8 week or better pace per course. You can finish early if you want to and you can get the syllabus for the next course or so while in a course so you can get ahead without officially enrolling. I finished in about 7 months and could have finished in a shorter amount of time if I hadn't been forced to sit on the sidelines for a while due to the way I enrolled prior to being granted my BSBA.

Hi ryoder,

I just graduated with my Bachelors in Communications from TESC, and I am looking for a online Masters in Management. I see NCU offers it, and from your description of the school I think it is the best fit. The tuition cost doesn't matter since I will be using the Post 9/11 GI Bill. My question to you is, what is the format of the courses? Is it similar to all online school with discussion boards, replying to other students, and having a research paper weekly? Thank you!
AIU was 11 months. 1 course at a time

Rhashad Wrote:Does anyone know the shortest amount of time someone has received a "real" masters degree? I'm considering TESC or Excelsior, time will be my ultimate factor.
Can you tell me more about AIU? Is this really a valid Master's degree? How do they determine how many courses you need to take? Do you pay for these courses through another school or ????? How does life experience play into their requirements?

Any other info on AIU or any other school that is inexpensive and fairly quick will be appreciated. I'm looking for something in the education field.
Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 174,239 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 464 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,606 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 454 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 9,030 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,508 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,480 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,652 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 834 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 2,042 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema